What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta seak leave to appeal Moi Moi's Suspension!

WA Eel

Juniors
I would have both Peek and Vella ahead of Fui, especially in the Grand Final. Yes, Fui is a great impact player, but Peek and Vella are far more reliable. While Fui is likely to belt Ryles or Webke, he's also just a likely to cost us penalties or get set off.

lucablight

First Grade
The Dragons play a power game where they get a roll on and get you into trouble. If we don't have Fui who else is going to provide our go forward to match this? I'm not saying it can't be done but it would be alot easier if he was there.

bartman

Immortal
Worth arguing 1.b) and 2.a) and 2.b) imo...

Whether it means Fui will play this year, or get a reduction so he doesn't miss as much of next year doesn't matter - either case would be a bonus. I'm not getting my hopes up for Fui to play again in 2005, but good luck to us for trying!

Utey

Coach
The big bonus with Fui is that he can create a lot of penalties for us. He runs it up hard lands on his chest most of the time and can play the ball as fast as anybody. Watch our games where he has played and you can be sure there a 1 or 2 penalties for the opposition holding on too long.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
<UPtheEELS> said:
The big bonus with Fui is that he can create a lot of penalties for us. He runs it up hard lands on his chest most of the time and can play the ball as fast as anybody. Watch our games where he has played and you can be sure there a 1 or 2 penalties for the opposition holding on too long.

However, I feel the refs allow the opposition to do a lot more in the tackle just because he is a big guy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
i think i saw the new angle? he didn't even touch his head.

bullsh*t decision!

is the new angle the same one channel 9 found or is it another one?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well i saw one last night i forget which channel but he doesn't even touch his head....just his neck and shouldn't even be given a week, a f**king joke!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Well i saw one last night i forget which channel but he doesn't even touch his head....just his neck and shouldn't even be given a week, a f**king joke!

his neck???..are you sure you were looking at the same tackle?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'm very sure it was, they showed the tackle 3 or 4 times, i doubt they would show the other tackle as the other didn't contribute to the suspension.

I'm sure the one i saw was the one he was suspended for, The Broncos player was falling down and Fui comes over across with a big swinging arm BUT doesn't hit his head.

strider

Post Whore
i think u might be looking at the wrong one ron....in this "new and improved" footage, fui makes contact with his head, but no where near a grade 3 reckless, just clips across the top of the headgear with his upper arm/inside elbow region.

a reckless grade 3 is when you absolutely land a decent hit on a guy with your swinging fist/forearm......this is certainly not that.

I dont think we will be seeing him again this season.

Remember, we will still want him for early rounds next year, so its worth going for a reduced sentence. (thinking to the future)

yy_cheng

Coach
Doesn't this offence give him more carry over points?

So if it is downgraded or completely nullified, he would have less carry over points than at present

oldmancraigy

Coach
<UPtheEELS> said:
He has been great this year. ATM Id have him in front on Fui. Peeky would be very very hard done by to be dropped.

Don't think Brian agrees with ya - he's been picking Fui ahead of Peek the last month!

Be good to have that extra size and aggression out there in the QF!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Physique said:
and that is when...today, tomorro, next week?

Hopefully they will show the footage and clear it up on NRL on Fox tonight.

it's up to Justice Greg Woods, no set time.

Parrasque

Juniors
anyone know any History about Justice Greg Woods? Does u usually grand appeals? I remember he did a Darren Trindell case once.

Latest posts