What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Short term pain for long term gain.
Suck it up guys.
Fmd there's some whiners in this world.
Of course there is going to be inconvenience while important infrastructure is built.

No you can't suck it up actually. You have to avoid the area and drive via adjacent suburbs. I'm used to it not but worry about businesses that rely on passing trade.

I know that you are protective about your Parramatta gentrification Suity, but the disruption is what it is and calling me a whiner is unnecessary. I don't go there so dont give a rats really.

You will hear a lot about the demise of Eat Street and because of the massive works, I hope that the shop owners are compensated.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ so there is speculation that the ANZ reconfiguration could start 1st qtr 2019 which could leave us homeless until the new Eels Stadium is ready ?

Surely they would not have a situation that Alliance ANZ and Parramatta are all out of action at the same time?

phantom eel

First Grade
They might have us doing roadshow home games if NPS is not ready to schedule - one in Darwin, Adelaide, maybe Perth, Hobart and of course Mudgee shouls see us through to June 2019.

T.S Quint

Coach

Surely they would have to work a way around it.
That idea for all those teams to share the SCG is an awful one. Would be better off moving to a smaller suburban ground somewhere instead of playing at that place (great for cricket...awful for footy).

But would the Roosters be prepared to play out of say Leichhardt for a while? I doubt it.

Suitman

Post Whore
No you can't suck it up actually. You have to avoid the area and drive via adjacent suburbs. I'm used to it not but worry about businesses that rely on passing trade.

I know that you are protective about your Parramatta gentrification Suity, but the disruption is what it is and calling me a whiner is unnecessary. I don't go there so dont give a rats really.

You will hear a lot about the demise of Eat Street and because of the massive works, I hope that the shop owners are compensated.

That's a pretty random post actually.
I wasn't even referring to Parramatta and Eat Street but I was talking about infrastructure upgrades in general.
Yes...there's going to be inconvenience to many. Agreed, no doubt, it'll impact Eat Street. How can there not be such inconvenience during such upgrades to infrastructure?

So..... you have to drive on random streets for a few years. Seriously, are you kidding?
The future benefits for all (which will last decades) will far out weigh a few years of travel pain and congestion inconvenience. Hey, come and live in the north west where thousands of houses are currently under construction yet local roads are the same as they were 30 years ago. It's disgraceful.
It's the same few years of pain we as Parra fans are suffering now without being at Pirtek and the disadvantages that could be somewhat inhibiting our growth as a club. We're sucking it up and actually making a go of it The benefits will be there in the end.

And btw, I'm not protective of Parramatta's 'gentrification", as you call it, I'm excited about it.
I'm glad the shithole of a city is finally realising it's potential.

Gronk

Staff member
That's a pretty random post actually.
I wasn't even referring to Parramatta and Eat Street but I was talking about infrastructure upgrades in general.
Yes...there's going to be inconvenience to many. Agreed, no doubt, it'll impact Eat Street. How can there not be such inconvenience during such upgrades to infrastructure?

So..... you have to drive on random streets for a few years. Seriously, are you kidding?
The future benefits for all (which will last decades) will far out weigh a few years of travel pain and congestion inconvenience. Hey, come and live in the north west where thousands of houses are currently under construction yet local roads are the same as they were 30 years ago. It's disgraceful.
It's the same few years of pain we as Parra fans are suffering now without being at Pirtek and the disadvantages that could be somewhat inhibiting our growth as a club. We're sucking it up and actually making a go of it The benefits will be there in the end.

And btw, I'm not protective of Parramatta's 'gentrification", as you call it, I'm excited about it.
I'm glad the shithole of a city is finally realising it's potential.
No.my post was not random. I posted about the disruption to a community that the light rail construction causes. Strider confirmed his experience in Surry Hills.

Then your response was suck it up guys. We are whiners.

I am not anti development but you must be realistic that the infrastructure works whether it be light rail or the Westconnex etc does have an effect on the community and the businesses that service it.

My entire point about having to avoid the suburbs going under redevelopment is that the suburb that I am no longer visiting for 18-24 months will suffer from trade downturn.

Oh well suck it up is not what a small business owner wants to hear when he has staff that need to pay mortgages. My view is that there should be compensation packages for small businesses during the construction phase.

Yes it will be great in 2022 but we can't stick our heads in the sand and ignore the real people that suffer.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eels-after-a-fresh-start-20170829-gy6dux.html

Eels stand ground

The Eels were hoping to open the 2019 season at the newly renovated Parramatta stadium. However that now appears unlikely.

The stadium may not be ready until at least a month through the season, potentially even mid-way through it.

There's been some talk about the naming of the stands. It's likely the Eels will retain the Ken Thornett, Mick Cronin, Peter Sterling and Brett Kenny stands, however they will likely be changed for when the Western Sydney Wanderers use the venue.

phantom eel

First Grade
The Eels were hoping to open the 2019 season at the newly renovated Parramatta stadium. However that now appears unlikely.

The stadium may not be ready until at least a month through the season, potentially even mid-way through it.
But, but... our estemmed stadium updater told us the state govt wanted it finished and assured us we would only have one more season away?
The state govt want it finished before the next election, which I think is in March 2019, so the Eels will only have one more season away, while the Wanderers have two more seasons away.
Something like this couldn't possible be behind schedule and over budget... I just don't know what to believe!

Glenn

First Grade
But, but... our estemmed stadium updater told us the state govt wanted it finished and assured us we would only have one more season away?

Something like this couldn't possible be behind schedule and over budget... I just don't know what to believe!

Behind schedule and over Budget is a NSW LNP specialty, would be very surprised if it's completed before Mid/Late 2019 season.

84 Baby

Referee
They're really pushing it now to have it open for our home game week 2 of finals. Reckon they hope we win next week so they get more time

Latest posts