What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
I couldn't give a shit about WSW or the A-League but it's pretty undeniable that soccer played a massive part in a new Parra Stadium. No way do they just build it for the Eels. It's a multipurpose, multi-code stadium and old mate should stick to licking boots.

Who cares if WSW use it? It's not like we're all gonna be forced to attend their games.

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah. As long as they change it to Parra Stadium whenever we're playing there, who cares. Plus as I said earlier as long as it is filled with only Parra supporters regardless of who is playing there then who cares

Suitman

Post Whore
I couldn't give a shit about WSW or the A-League but it's pretty undeniable that soccer played a massive part in a new Parra Stadium. No way do they just build it for the Eels. It's a multipurpose, multi-code stadium and old mate should stick to licking boots.

Who cares if WSW use it? It's not like we're all gonna be forced to attend their games.

There is so much that is sad about those comments in the link.

‘Western Sydney Stadium’ is clearly displayed as the name of the project, not Parramatta Stadium.

Ahhm mate, the stadium is being built for sporting teams in western Sydney, and it is being built in......western Sydney, by the govt for western Sydney teams to use, including maybe the Tigers, Bulldogs and Panthers at times. It has NOT been named after the Wanderers you fw.

Search online and most material states the name as Western Sydney Stadium – even the Wanderers’ website has them basically laying claim to the stadium.

Wanderers are doing no different to the Eels. Both clubs are just calling it "their new stadium".

The new venue is supposed to be primarily the home of the Parramatta Eels,

Ahm, no it's not.

and while the Western Sydney Wanderers will play there, if a bigger, better option becomes available, the A-League club will pack up and go there.

No they won't. Where does this claim come from? Actually, the Eels take more games to ANZ than the Wanderers do. Although I expect that to change once this opens, contracts pending.

The Wanderers have little affinity with Parramatta and while they may call it home for now, they are not Parramatta’s team. Most of their support comes from a wide range of suburbs stretching across all of western Sydney, while Eels supporters are largely locals – born and raised in the area – and they, along with their team, will be there until the next knock-down-rebuild 30 years from now.

The dickhead alarm bells are ringing now. Parramatta fans don't come from western Sydney, just Parramatta. Born and bred. Ok then.

It may seem an insignificant issue, but to most Parramatta rugby league supporters, the Wanders have been guests at their stadium – now it seems it’s become the reverse.

Well Charlie Chuckles, they did play more games there during their seasons there than we did. We were the ones who took games to ANZ. And the Wanderers were guests at a government owned facility? That would makes us Eels guests as well I suppose.

It may seem an insignificant issue, but to most Parramatta rugby league supporters, the Wanders have been guests at their stadium – now it seems it’s become the reverse.

Only by the next naming right's sponsor of the stadium dickhead. It could very well be Pirtek again. Don't have a haemorrhage when you hear the news that it won't be called "Parramatta Stadium".

Oh dear. Such dopiness is hard to comprehend.

Gronk

Staff member
They will sell the name just like they did for Pirtek, ANZ, Allianz.

So get used to it being called NAB Stadium or something like that.

Suitman

Post Whore
They will sell the name just like they did for Pirtek, ANZ, Allianz.

So get used to it being called NAB Stadium or something like that.

I've already seen ads from the NSW Govt in the SMH calling for tenders for naming rights.

Delboy

First Grade
One thing is of paramount importance, as a club we don't want to open and have a shiny new stadium with a meh team. The powers that be have to get busy and ensure there is a reason other than the new stadium to buy memberships and season tickets.

Even the Western Wombats need to recruit a better team, time is looming for both tenants to get serious off the field .

Latest posts