1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Suitman, Feb 3, 2016.

1. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

I’m fired up!

[​IMG]

2. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Because there will be many game day reviews of the place afterwards. You wait and see.

3. Happy MEel

Happy MEel First Grade

Wrong thread

4. strider

strider Post Whore

Everyone post a photo from their seat

5. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

The only issue is that we were advised that the upper deck would be in the shade at any game after 2pm. Well my seats are more than halfway up and the sun looks like it will be around for at least another 2 to 3 hours.

Like a number of long term STH it’s a bit annoying to look at the side we sat in since 1986 in the shade. The price of progress I guess

IFR33K likes this.
  6. strider

strider Post Whore

Might be better once we get to mid winter

7. amitropo

amitropo Juniors

3FF7AAEC-F18F-4BA0-B1E3-75FD3EC80D9C.jpeg

8. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Great stadium. Great win.

Worst stadium “opening” ever. No ribbon cutting etc. FMD the Queen opened the last one. Am I being harsh ?

Parramatta1947 likes this.
  9. Noise

Noise Coach

Ribbon cutting? How exciting!!!!

And Mick Cronin raised the flag. I'd much rather him than any of those inbreds from the royal family

TheRam, hineyrulz, IFR33K and 3 others like this.
  10. Gronk

Well they do the flag thing every home game.

I just expected some sort of a ceremony, throw in a politician and Dami Im with a piano FFS.

upload_2019-4-22_21-42-20.jpeg

11. amitropo

amitropo Juniors

Ribbon cutting, politicians and the rest of the shabang was done on the fans community day on Sunday

Gazzamatta likes this.
  12. Noise

Noise Coach

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I think ceremonies are boring as bat shit and can't stand politicians. I reckon the stadium opening was awesome, and didn't need any formal ribbon cutting, boring speeches, etc - everyones first reaction to how good the bloody joint is speaks for itself and was enough IMO.

Happy MEel likes this.
  13. Gronk

Ok thanks :pray:

14. Bazal

Bazal Post Whore

Who the f**k is Dami Im

15. Gronk

You know, that Korean chick from Hornsby. :rolling_eyes:

16. amitropo

amitropo Juniors

Can’t complain about stadium, BUT, that sun in your face for those afternoon games p’s me
    off. Just when you think it’s over the roof it peeks through again from the rear canvas roof openings.
    Don’t do hats, so waiting for those night games.
    Pinched a pic from poster on Twitter as I forgot to take one on my walk around.
    E9664A14-1375-48A2-94B0-8536C790A64D.jpeg

Parramatta1947 likes this.
  17. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

I missed getting off the station, walking towards to the stadium, going through Church St, say hello to Peter Wynn, grab a bite at one the places or have a beer at the pub, walk through the park and then go the stadium. Today I almost did all that but once I got inside the stadium, it felt right at home. We missed this since the end of 2016 and its so good to be home.

The stadium is superb. If we pack this joint every week, the NRL crowds will increase and people will ditch that crappy ANZ stadium with no atmosphere. Today's atmosphere really crapped on our home matches at ANZ.

I was the ones that sat on the sun today, I will say it wont be great for the first couple of months if we're playing day matches, but apart from that its a great ground. I think we might only have two more days left this year.

And like everyone else I'm not far from getting food and beers.

Bring on the next game against the Dragons.

Happy MEel likes this.
  18. Last Week

Last Week Bench

I did mention the sun issue when the stadium design was first released. Pretty sure my criticism was scoffed at also. The design was deceptive. It made it look as if the corporate side would be on the eastern side. The average fan got shafted in that regard. I was one of them too. My tickets were in the old Thornett stand. Anyway.

I was in the lower bowl today and got the sun. It wasn't too harsh so I survived, and I'm fair.

The entire lower bowl was clear of the sun by about 4:10pm.(except for those openings in the roof. But that only lasted a few minutes)

Anyone that sat up in the upper bowl, what row were you on and do you remember what time it was (or how far into the game it was), when the shade finally hit you?

19. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

I'm allergic to the sun and didn't mind sitting in it, just slop on some sunscreen and wear a bunnings straw hat. Too easy

emjaycee likes this.
  20. Parramatta1947

Parramatta1947 Bench

I love day games and put up with the sun from 1 until 4pm but it was fine. A better of a day considering it could have been wet cold and rainy.

Our main criticism is a lot of us had tickets in the Western stand and our course the corporates got well after.