What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Last Week

Bench
I got Row 18, but then again I am back "in the stands" in Bay 215.

Still wondering with the stadium being operated by Venues Live if Gold Members at ANZ will get some seating over on the "Corporate" side of the ground.

Possible. The NSW Government did just reccomend that all 4 major stadiums be managed by one body.

amitropo

Juniors
I was issued section 115 row 15 on 40m line by online system.
I was seated right on half way back row bottom concourse at old parra stadium :stadium: and ANZ
Don’t think I suffered much

Decided not to renew my ticket ... bit sad - will miss the people i sit with

But i don't live out there and dont make it to that many games - cant really justify $70-$80 a game for the amount of games i get to

That's not a bad decision mate if it is based on finance.
It's now a 30 000 seater so there'll be seats available if you need to buy week by week.
I'm doing the same. If I miss a few games due to sell outs, well, so be it.

you could always get a non-ticketed membership
that way you're still a member and get the pack and everything you just buy tickets to the games you decide to go to

Suitman

Post Whore
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/south-west-sydney-bid-s-dream-arena-unveiled

16x9

Suitman

Post Whore
Why wouldn't they bump the capacity to 25k and share it with the West Tigers?

Because it's the A-League franchise building it and 18000 probably suits their needs better.
Any game that the Tigers would expect a bigger crowd than that would be played at WSS anyway.
The Tiges could play games against lesser teams here and 18000 would be perfect for those.

emjaycee

Coach
Because it's the A-League franchise building it and 18000 probably suits their needs better.
Any game that the Tigers would expect a bigger crowd than that would be played at WSS anyway.
The Tiges could play games against lesser teams here and 18000 would be perfect for those.

Actually, it is an A-League franchise leading the development, and contributing via one backer to construction cost (along with local and state government funding). Nothing to stop them getting Harry Triguboff to kick-in some cash as well.

In 10-15 years, the 40 odd kms from Campbelltown to WSS will be longer than an hour and asking West Tigers supporter to travel to WSS would be like asking Manly supporters to travel to Homebush.

Suitman

Post Whore
Actually, it is an A-League franchise leading the development, and contributing via one backer to construction cost (along with local and state government funding). Nothing to stop them getting Harry Triguboff to kick-in some cash as well.

Yes, I know. They seem to be confident enough with funds as to not need Harry's contribution.

In 10-15 years, the 40 odd kms from Campbelltown to WSS will be longer than an hour and asking West Tigers supporter to travel to WSS would be like asking Manly supporters to travel to Homebush.

Disagree. You're assuming all West Tigers fans live in the south west. It's not as if Campbelltown is their permanent home ground. As I said, this will be the perfect stadium for the Tigers to take their lesser games to. They only inhabit the place 3 or 4 times a season as it is and rarely, if ever these days, do they sell it out. For the Tigers and Campbelltown games, 18000 is perfect.

emjaycee

Coach
Yes, I know. They seem to be confident enough with funds as to not need Harry's contribution.

Disagree. You're assuming all West Tigers fans live in the south west. It's not as if Campbelltown is their permanent home ground. As I said, this will be the perfect stadium for the Tigers to take their lesser games to. They only inhabit the place 3 or 4 times a season as it is and rarely, if ever these days, do they sell it out. For the Tigers and Campbelltown games, 18000 is perfect.

Nah, my assumption is that in the next 10-15 years the greater majority of West Tigers fans will live in the south west. That area is going gang busters with current forecast stating that by 2036, well over 600,000 people will call the Macarthur region home.

However you are probably right, an 18,000 seat stadium will do until concrete rot sets in and the larger population demands a bigger one.

Suitman

Post Whore
Nah, my assumption is that in the next 10-15 years the greater majority of West Tigers fans will live in the south west. That area is going gang busters with current forecast stating that by 2036, well over 600,000 people will call the Macarthur region home.

However you are probably right, an 18,000 seat stadium will do until concrete rot sets in and the larger population demands a bigger one.

Again, I respectfully disagree. Yes the population growth is enormous in the next 20 years. Add to that the opportunities that will evolve with the construction of the Western Sydney Airport and the Aerotropolis.
Yes sure, the region is one of the fastest growing areas in the country, but I think you are over-estimating how many of them will become Wests Tigers fans. The majority of the population growth is coming from non rugby league countries - (Asia, Middle East etc...)
There is more likely to be growth in Tigepies fans in the current demographical areas, which will come from parents encouraging kids. The Hills district has a large Wests Tigers fan base for example.
The demographic that will inhabit the south west in the future is more like to follow football if anything, not League, and hopefully, certainly not that sport from the Mexican states.

T.S Quint

Coach
I’m from the Campbelltown area.
While there is a big contingent of Tigers fans out there, I reckon a massive percentage follow other teams. Hell, I lived out there most of my life and I follow the Eels!

Parra, Bulldogs, Dragons, Roosters, even Manly have massive followings out that way.

I now live in the Balmain area, and unfortunately the support for the Tigers is waning out here as well. Even more unfortunately, it’s not even other clubs people are supporting - instead it’s the Swans taking over here. Either them or Rugby (lots of upper middle class British expats out this way).

Hi All,
Need some assistance from anyone in the know with new WSS. I have been allocated seats in the upper tier in row 1. Does any one know if there will be any viewing restrictions from railings as I have 2 children. Other option is to move to low concourse (closer to the game) in row 2.

Latest posts