What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Just a question, for my historical education... were the Liberal Party of NSW in agreement with the decisions of the 1950 while in opposition, or where they actively saying the trams should be retained?
No idea.
The fact is Labor ripped them all out in favor of polluting buses and it is proven that we are now trying to rebuild them at exorbitant expense.
Such a shame.

EelEtric

Juniors
No idea.
The fact is Labor ripped them all out in favor of polluting buses and it is proven that we are now trying to rebuild them at exorbitant expense.
Such a shame.
I think London had its pretty comprehensive Tube in place as well which would have reduced their need for trams.

We should have replaced our trams with a underground heavy rail system back then... if only.

No worries
Such a shame.
Yes. Just trying to get a sense of whether "blaming Labor" is historically justified, or whether the removal of the tram system was something that would have just happened under any government of the time.

No worries

Yes. Just trying to get a sense of whether "blaming Labor" is historically justified, or whether the removal of the tram system was something that would have just happened under any government of the time.
Just out of curiosity, are there any mild to major ALP policy fails that you have observed in your voting and adult lifetime? If so, would you care to share?

And don't get me started on how they've failed to divert funding away from overfunded private schools, toward the needs of underfunded government schools.... infuriates me.

Suitman

Post Whore
No worries

I'm sure you could find that out yourself. I can't be bothered looking tbh.
What happened, happened under their watch over a long period of time.
One of the largest tram systems in the world was ripped out and burnt.
Now, we are trying to rebuild that system because we know Light Rail is a very efficient transport system.
It is what it was. So be it.
I'm just enthusiastic for any proposals that may partly restore what we once had.
The Parramatta Rd ALTREC proposal is a game changer, yet for reasons unknown was dismissed outright within 24 hours by the current govt.
After Haylen's comments from the article quoted above strongly supporting a Parramatta Rd light rail in 2016 , I just don't get why she and Minns are against it now, particularly when as I said before, it would be such a supportive infrastructure project to encourage the investment in housing infrastructure that the current govt is so aggressively pushing forward with and which I agree with to combat the housing crisis.
It just doesn't make sense that they would oppose this project when for one, it was being financed by the proposer of the project and secondly, it would be a massive boost to public transport and encourage so much residential and commercial investment along and adjacent to the corridor.

Yes.

Supporting the non-UN sanctioned invasion of Iraq circa 2003 is the first that comes to mind. Libs were in government, but Labor were balls deep in their support.
Ok, so that's it then is it? Only in a forced partisan kind of way though I spose.
Nothing they ever did or are doing in Gov?
And don't get me started on how they've failed to divert funding away from overfunded private schools, toward the needs of underfunded government schools.... infuriates me.
Why would they divert funding away from the very academic institutions that they themselves are a product of?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It already says other stuff.
The stadium opened 5 years ago and most of the discussion has been about other stuff.
Keep up.
No need to rename it.
I have f**king HAD IT with reading about the Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and anything else in this thread. Can everybody just shut up about it. ffs

Latest posts