What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

I think like Minns, Haylen will also ignore these minor and belated RTBU shenanigans, and push through with their plans and current timeframes regardless.

I wouldn't be jumping at shadows or getting my knickers all twisted at every single comment or action a union takes... seems like they're living rent free in the brains of some - but not those in government!

Suitman

Post Whore
I think like Minns, Haylen will also ignore these minor and belated RTBU shenanigans, and push through with their plans and current timeframes regardless.

You'd hope that they will. I do as well.

But who is to say that the RTBU won't coerce the ETU to ban electrical contractors performing the electrical shutdown of the catenary works for example?
In 2022, during the "Year of the Strikes", pre-planned weekend shutdowns of the Bankstown Line for works for this metro conversion were continually cancelled at the last minute by the ETU, after months of planning for these works. These strikes have now contributed to the time delays for this line conversion, and now, they are trying to do the same.
The union(s) are just blackmailing the current Govt for obscene pay rise claims, and they don't give a shite about commuters and the NSW Govt budget which we taxpayers fund.

I wouldn't be jumping at shadows or getting my knickers all twisted at every single comment or action a union takes... seems like they're living rent free in the brains of some - but not those in government!

You don't need to make snide remarks to reinforce any opinion you may have.
Instead, try and discuss this rationally.
Give that type of reply a rest.

Suitman

Post Whore
Geez.
Who would have ever thought that a modern metro system would have commuters wanting to use it? Even better, it is reaching such demand that the govt is already needing to increase services.
1 million passengers every 5 days on one single automated line with no drivers or guards, yet a shite load of customer service staff on every single service and at every station.
I believe we in Sydney are now entering the 21st century, or at least catching up with other modern rail systems around the rest of the globe.
It's about f**king time.
It's amusing, although a plus, that this news item showed that Jo is so positive about the Bankstown T3 conversion. It certainly wasn't her position while in opposition just a few years ago, yet it shows that even the most ardent anti metro opponents can be converted to a system that isn't a tangle of lines that can collapse at will during any drama and be beholden to unions at their whim when they choose.

I have to say, I'm impressed that the Labor Govt has progressed with the current projects and have jumped on board.
Yes, they have delayed Sydney Metro West, which will add costs, but at least it will be built.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
For apiece of infrastructure that was opposed through its inception and building, the Transport Minister can’t get on tv enough extolling its virtues. For both sides, politics makes for strange bedfelllows

Suitman

Post Whore
For apiece of infrastructure that was opposed through its inception and building, the Transport Minister can’t get on tv enough extolling its virtues. For both sides, politics makes for strange bedfelllows

Thank goodness that Gladys stood her ground and had vision beyond anyone since Bradfield.
She was the one that insisted and converted this system from slow old double deckers to fast metro and instigated this rail generational change.