What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parramatta the chokers

Fein

First Grade
you cant tell me there were plans in the nsw side, if they did have plans they would have won the series If Bellamy is this socalled good coach.

Bellamy would have know the weakness in his storm and ex storm players and there were no signs of them being targetted

anyway this is offtopic

:crazy:

A coach relying on the skill of his players!!!

Who'd have thought.

Avenger

Immortal
the eels were so stop denying it, and particular after the first week in the finals

never_argue_with_idiots_they_will_bring_you_do_tshirt-p2353988820977265263sm2_400.jpg

Gaba

First Grade
agreed , so i will stop arguing with you , other wise i be the same level as you and be beaten

Last edited:

Scarves

Juniors
I've never seen a coach win a premiership with garbage players. I don't believe in the word choke, Parra did extraordinarily well to get where they did. Saints surprised almost everyone to get the minor premiership from what they delivered in 2008. That both lost in the semi finals... geez, 7 teams lose in the semi finals each season, Souths have only got to the playoffs once since 89. Choking is a very simple descriptor for simple people to use.

Ridders

Coach
There have been 5 official chokes in recent Rugby League history:

1. Parra preliminary final against Dogs in 98

2. Dragons in 99 GF against Storm

3. Parra in 2001 GF

4. Parra in 2005 preliminary final against the Cowboys

5. St George semi final series in 09.

Whoever thinks Parra choked in 2009 is just stupid and unreasonable

No No No No No No

LL3

Juniors
Funny no matter how saints lose or under what circumstances it's a choke, according to people like you, but when your team loses it's not.

Great Call.....same people who buy the Telegraph make these calls.

All i know the REDV will never secure a wooden spoon, that tag is the worst fate one club can get..the REDV to big a BRAND to achieve such a low act.

Fui!!!

Juniors
more people at the beginning of the year was rating the eels a top 4 team and one of the teams to contest the grand final

and no picked the dragons or dragons to win the minor premiership

you cant argue that point,

so if the dragons choked so did the eels , going on your thoery,

We came 11th last year, we lost a couple players and had no quality gains, and people had doubts about Ando. Seriously, find me 1 media "expert" who tipped the Eels to make the 8. I can't recall one.

ByRd

First Grade
Im a Bulldogs fan and dont like Parra at all but they did not choke and did very well to be there and get as close as they did

Ridders

Coach
Explain to me why it wasn't a choke?

Full strength team, Minor prems, short odd favourites....

Its my belief that if your outplayed in both of your Finals lossess, I don't see it as a choke. Plus the Saints didn't have a great run-in going into the Finals.

Don't want to get into this argument again. That's just my opinion.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Its my belief that if your outplayed in both of your Finals lossess, I don't see it as a choke. Plus the Saints didn't have a great run-in going into the Finals.

Don't want to get into this argument again. That's just my opinion.

That's pretty much a choke. They had nothing come finals despite being raging favourites in both games.

truganini

Juniors
Looking back over the 2000's with 2 GF losses and 2 minor premierships for no GF wins, Parra are as bigger chokers as anyone. Can confirm thats even more than the dragons.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Parra went down, but arguably could have won if Tony Archer wasn't so f**ked in the head.

Parramatta were outclassed. Even if that decision went Parras way you still wouldnt have won. And if Parra had of won they wouldnt have deserved it based on last nights performance.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Originally Posted by munge
sounds a typical bandwagon parramatta supporter
the grand finals over and 60000 parramatta fans wont be sighted for 12 months

Anyone else notice the big banner with the Parra logo on it which said "BLUE AND GOLD ARMY" which som parra fans pulled over the crowd.

Well not sure if anyone else noticed but it said 2010 on it. HAHAHA i guess the 'loyal' parra fans didnt give their team a chance earlier in the season and had started planning for next year.

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
Does that mean whenever a favourite is upset, it counts as a choke?
apparently so.

choke seems to apply to every loss now.

we cop the choke tag courtesy of '85, '92, '93, '96, '99 & '05.

we were favourites for 3 of these games. & we only led 1 of them at any stage & that was against a side who finished 3 positions higher on the ladder.

to say someone choked is actually discrediting the other side's performance.

salvy71

Juniors
If you think the dragons choked in o9 is just stupid and unreasonable by your theory, because the eels were more favoured to make the finals and grand final then the dragons were at the start of the year

so going by your theory the eels did choke

Really ? Show me a list of who thought Parra would make the semis this year ? They were about 12th in the line of betting at the start of the year !!

bileduct

Coach
more people at the beginning of the year was rating the eels a top 4 team and one of the teams to contest the grand final

and no picked the dragons or dragons to win the minor premiership

you cant argue that point,
It seems that a Google search of "NRL 2009 Predictions" reveals almost the complete opposite.

Every link I've looked at so far has the Dragons in the top 8 and the Eels in the bottom 8.

From minor premiers to second round finals exit should be the textbook definition of a choke for a long time to come. You could somewhat understand being upset in a Grand Final after being dominant all year, but the St Merge Chokers had two cracks at it and choked.