What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parramatta the chokers

PARRA_FAN

Coach
How can you choke when:

1. you're behind on the scoreboard
2. You're underdogs, and
3. Playing the team that finished above you on the table.

:lol:

Fui!!!

Juniors
Funny no matter how saints lose or under what circumstances it's a choke, according to people like you, but when your team loses it's not.

IT WAS A CHOKE BY THE DRAGONS!!!!

A choke is when you are expected to win but you lose. Parra in 01 and 05.

Dragons in 99, 05 and 09.

You should know that better than anyone, you are a st merge fan after all.

Bereft Skerrick

Juniors
I'm sick of all of this choke BS.

The "choke" tag was perpetuated by the Daily Telegraph, namely that fool Rothfield, in his tirade against the Dragons this season. Now any time any team loses they're being labelled as chokers.

The "choke" tag is being used so much now that the word has lost any feeble meaning it had, and should be retired.

Avenger

Immortal
There have been 5 official chokes in recent Rugby League history:

1. Parra preliminary final against Dogs in 98

2. Dragons in 99 GF against Storm

3. Parra in 2001 GF

4. Parra in 2005 preliminary final against the Cowboys

5. St George semi final series in 09.

Whoever thinks Parra choked in 2009 is just stupid and unreasonable

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
There have been 5 official chokes in recent Rugby League history:

5. St George semi final series in 09.

Whoever thinks Parra choked in 2009 is just stupid and unreasonable
If you think the dragons choked in o9 is just stupid and unreasonable by your theory, because the eels were more favoured to make the finals and grand final then the dragons were at the start of the year

so going by your theory the eels did choke

Avenger

Immortal
If you thin kthe dragons choked in o9 is just stupid and unreasonable on your theory, because the eels were more favoured to make the finals and grand final then the dragons were at the start of the year

so on your theory the eels did choke

That"s crap we were paying $21 at the start of the year. The Dragons were the first minor premiers since Souths in 1989 to lose both of their semi finals and go out. That's a choke.

Parra were the first team in history to make the Gf from 8 and you want to call us chokers ? Pull your head in and stop embarrassing yourself.

Gaba

First Grade
That"s crap we were paying $21 at the start of the year. The Dragons were the first minor premiers since Souths in 1989 to lose both of their semi finals and go out. That's a choke.

Parra were the first team in history to make the Gf from 8 and you want to call us chokers ? Pull your head in and stop embarrassing yourself.

more people at the beginning of the year was rating the eels a top 4 team and one of the teams to contest the grand final

and no picked the dragons or dragons to win the minor premiership

you cant argue that point,

so if the dragons choked so did the eels , going on your thoery,

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If you think the dragons choked in o9 is just stupid and unreasonable by your theory, because the eels were more favoured to make the finals and grand final then the dragons were at the start of the year

:lol: Most of us we're happy to avoid the spoon after the way we went last year. But yeah we were favoured to make the GF :?

Avenger

Immortal
im only going on your thoery,
more people at the beginning of the year was rating the eels a top 4 team and one of the teams to contest the grand final

you cant argue that point

That's bullsh*t Gaba and you know it. We were tipped by many to finish last. The Dragons were more favoured then us because of Wayne Bennett. Besides don't try and pick a point in time to suit you argument or I will. For instance I pick the completion of round 26, who was the favourite to win the comp then ?

I'll do the thinking for you. It was the Dragons.

Gaba

First Grade
That's bullsh*t Gaba and you know it. We were tipped by many to finish last. The Dragons were more favoured then us because of Wayne Bennett. Besides don't try and pick a point in time to suit you argument or I will. For instance I pick the completion of round 26, who was the favourite to win the comp then ?

its you eels fans who are trying to deny the fact, you were picked in the top 4 and top 8, were lucky to get there at the end.

You had the worlds best fullack apparently (just ask hayne)

And at the end of round 26 the eels were close to favourites as well as the dragons

im not saying the eels choked, but going on your theory they did because the eels were the form team in the finals

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
:lol: Most of us we're happy to avoid the spoon after the way we went last year. But yeah we were favoured to make the GF :?

At the end of round 26 the eels were closer to favourites, the Eels were the form team

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade

i can't believe you actually said that... ffs

btw i recall at the start of the year you saying that Melb would not win the premiership.. since Bellamy is a terrible tactician, "no game plan Bellamy" you said.. :lol:

Fein

First Grade

1989 was a 6 team finals format as well.

Gaba

First Grade
i can't believe you actually said that... ffs

btw i recall at the start of the year you saying that Melb would not win the premiership.. since Bellamy is a terrible tactician, "no game plan Bellamy" you said.. :lol:

so i said the bulldogs would get the spoon too, if you read what i typed i was going on avengers theory, and how wrong it was

I still stand on the comment about Bellamy until i see him do the same thing with another team, without the players like cronk, smith,inglis

for example the state of origin shows , he relies on the skill of the the players,

Last edited:

Game_Breaker

Coach
I'm sick of all of this choke BS.

The "choke" tag was perpetuated by the Daily Telegraph, namely that fool Rothfield, in his tirade against the Dragons this season. Now any time any team loses they're being labelled as chokers.

The "choke" tag is being used so much now that the word has lost any feeble meaning it had, and should be retired.

Umm no

Dragons and Eels have been labelled as chokers for a few years now

Gaba

First Grade
:lol::lol::lol:

That will do me.
you cant tell me there were plans in the nsw side, if they did have plans they would have won the series If Bellamy is this socalled good coach.

Bellamy would have know the weakness in his storm and ex storm players and there were no signs of them being targetted

anyway this is offtopic

Last edited: