What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta - Under achievers or just an ordinary side??

Eddie.

Bench
I here comments from Andy Raymond tonight that Parramatta on paper are a top 2 outfit, i seecomments in the Parramtta forum that they have the best squad in the NRL on paper, many media see them as Top 8 contendors, i see them as Wooden Spoon contendors (no offence Parra fans, Wests Tigers are spoon contendors as well)

Where is this amazing quality??? , is it the backs with Luke Burt, Bobcat Peterson, Daniel Wagon and Eric Growth???, is it in the halves with "utility" player John morris and the inexperienced Tim Smith, is it up front with Nathan Cayless, Adam Peek, Aaron Cannings and Paul Stringer, not bad but all pretty slow.

Morrison and Hindmarsh are bloody good footballers, but in my mind they are surrounded by alot of solid but average footballers, i dont think it was a disgraceful performance by parramatta tonight, it was a bad performance when they needed a good one, but that has been happening alot now.

Again no offence to Parramatta supporters, its just an honest opinion, i dont think the side has the talent to even threaten the top sides and with Smith at the helm they drift further down the pecking order. Long season in store i reckon.

LESStar58

Referee
I think they are ordinary and they should start improving by doing away with Fiztgerald and Smith! I would prolly be a little more symapthetic towards the Eels if that peice of shit wasn't running the club!

innsaneink

Referee
Even my 8 yo son laughed at Raymonds comments, started rattling off Roosters, Broncos, Dogs, Storm etc....does he mean the eels are better than all them, Dad?

:lol: :lol: Laughed at by a primary schooler. Onya AR.

Phillips

Referee
LESStar58 said:
I think they are ordinary and they should start improving by doing away with Fiztgerald and Smith! I would prolly be a little more symapthetic towards the Eels if that peice of sh*t wasn't running the club!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LESStar58

Referee
Dude, it was a keyboard slip...unlike you and your blatant bloody illiteracy..."alloud" :roll:

Phillips

Referee
LESStar58 said:
Dude, it was a keyboard slip...unlike you and your blatant bloody illiteracy..."alloud" :roll:

yes, i spell like shit..do you have a problem with that =;

LESStar58

Referee
There are places where you can get help with illiteracy mate...or maybe you just need glasses. I only mention it cos that chick in your avatar is a trannie and I didn't think you'd notice...maybe you just need to get the old eyes checked...

Phillips

Referee
LESStar58 said:
There are places where you can get help with illiteracy mate...or maybe you just need glasses. I only mention it cos that chick in your avatar is a trannie and I didn't think you'd notice...maybe you just need to get the old eyes checked...

:blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb:

RABK

Referee
They just aren't gelling. Don't looked very structured in attack or defense. They've got the team to make the 8 so questions should be asked of the coaching staff if they don't.

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
Yeh the Eels players are just not responding to Smith, i say get rid of him. They just brought a whole lot of qualtiy new players, why not a new coach too?

Parraren

Bench
Andy Raymond has no f**king clue. Worst commentator on fox bar the kiwis.

As for everything else you've written, I think you're spot on but I don't think we'll be spoon contendors. Realistically it will be a battle to make the eight though but they should get there. 'Should' being the critical word. They'll take time to gel but of course there's no gaurantee that they will gel...

The young halfback has been a shining light so far though. Where there's light there's hope.

Eelectrica

Referee
I've never thought that we'd be a top 2 side this year. At the start of the season I did think somewhere in the top 8 was realistic though. Still do, but we'll see. The next 6 weeks will tell the story of our season.

Spike

First Grade
Let him see the season out. There's still another 23 rounds of footy left before the finals and other teams have started a season just as slowly only to come good by the end of the season. If the Eels fail to make the top 8 or get knocked out in the first week of the finals, he should get punted as it would be an under-achievement considering the calibre of players in the side.

Of course if they continue to lose in the manner they have been so far this season and are scraping the bottom of the ladder by mid season then by all means he should have his bloated and beaten corpse fished out of Parramatta River before the season is out.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Parra need a fresh start, they need a new coach, and they need the formerly good players (wagon etc.) dropped to PL until they come good, or released. Under achievers, but only because their coach won't let them play their natural games.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Parra need a fresh start, they need a new coach, and they need the formerly good players (wagon etc.) dropped to PL until they come good, or released. Under achievers, but only because their coach won't let them play their natural games.

My question is:

what happen to the parramatta of 2001? how did brian smith take parramatta to the gf in 2001?

to me brian smith is the gerard houllier in the nrl!

Houllier brought back 6 trophies to liverpool and the next year... liverpool slumped... just like parramatta.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well thank god i wasn't the only one who gasped in amazement at Raymond's comment. I too started reeling off numerous teams who are way, way better on paper..."Dogs, Roosters, Broncos, Dragons, Panthers, Storm, Cowboys..."

Parra are a team of solid toilers with a couple of stars, who are incidently, hard working toilers (Hindmarsh, Morrison). They have little class where it counts. A solid FB, a hooker playing at 5/8, a young HB who will need a season...they are pretty good at hooker though, but that's it.