What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta - Under achievers or just an ordinary side??

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Well thank god i wasn't the only one who gasped in amazement at Raymond's comment. I too started reeling off numerous teams who are way, way better on paper..."Dogs, Roosters, Broncos, Dragons, Panthers, Storm, Cowboys..."

Parra are a team of solid toilers with a couple of stars, who are incidently, hard working toilers (Hindmarsh, Morrison). They have little class where it counts. A solid FB, a hooker playing at 5/8, a young HB who will need a season...they are pretty good at hooker though, but that's it.

Let me just say that parramatta are crap with brian smith... ask any saints fans and they will tell you he is crap.

Dean Pay or any ex parra legends will be great for parramatta players and its long time supporters.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Parramatta have shown you cant buy a premiership, the players they have bought have been playing average, except Morrison who deserves a NSW jumper.
They only lost by 8 points tonight against a team that beat Penrith a few weeks back, Sharks are no pushover when they are switched on.
Players like Cayless really need to stand up, and their new buys arent playing up to their potential.
Most buys for other teams have turned out to be good ie. Dykes, Kennedy, Kite, D.Cooper, Withers, Amos Roberts, Fien, Thurston, Webb etc etc.

ozboy

Juniors
There are two major problems with this Eels team which will cost the club any chance of a realistic title shot.

1- All great teams need a top class halves pairing. Parramatta just do not have one. The pairing of John Morris and Tim Smith has got to be one of the worst pairings in the NRL.

2- Brian Smith should have been sacked two years ago. The club has lost so much ground over these two years, it will take another couple of years just to catch up to the other clubs.

Phillips

Referee
ozboy said:
There are two major problems with this Eels team which will cost the club any chance of a realistic title shot.

1- All great teams need a top class halves pairing. Parramatta just do not have one. The pairing of John Morris and Tim Smith has got to be one of the worst pairings in the NRL.

that just proves you are dumb....Morris is a quality player and Tim Smith is only 20 years old in his 3rd NRL game yet has 5 try assists & 2 trys to his name

ozboy

Juniors
Phillips said:
ozboy said:

that just proves you are dumb....Morris is a quality player and Tim Smith is only 20 years old in his 3rd NRL game yet has 5 try assists & 2 trys to his name

Me being the dumb one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Club bias is one thing, but surely you have to see that this partnership is one of the worst in the NRL.

John Morris is a decent utility player and Tim Smith is an inexperienced half who has struggled for 2 of his 3 weeks in first grade.

Off the top of my head I could name:

Orford/Hill
Lockyer/Seymour
Kimmorley/Dykes
Gower/Campbell
Johns/K.Gidley
Sherwin/Anasta
Williams/Sutton
Prince/Marshall
Jones/Ropati
Shepard/Thurston
Head/Barrett

All these pairings are MUCH better than the one Parramatta has to offer.

Phillips

Referee
ozboy said:
Phillips said:
ozboy said:

Club bias is one thing, but surely you have to see that this partnership is one of the worst in the NRL.

John Morris is a decent utility player and Tim Smith is an inexperienced half who has struggled for 2 of his 3 weeks in first grade.

Orford/Hill
Lockyer/Seymour
Kimmorley/Dykes
Gower/Campbell
Johns/K.Gidley :lol:
Sherwin/Anasta
Williams/Sutton
Prince/Marshall
Jones/Ropati
Shepard/Thurston
Head/Barrett

Tim Smith has struggled has he?? check his stats FFS and it will prove he has been one of our better players ](*,)

ozboy

Juniors
Phillips said:
ozboy said:
Phillips said:
ozboy said:

Orford/Hill
Lockyer/Seymour
Kimmorley/Dykes
Gower/Campbell
Sherwin/Anasta
Williams/Sutton
Prince/Marshall
Jones/Ropati
Shepard/Thurston
Head/Barrett

Tim Smith has struggled has he?? check his stats FFS and it will prove he was been one of our better players ](*,)

Stats mean close to nothing in a game, especially if you are a back or halve.

Tim Smith was virtually non-existant in both the losses to Souths and Cronulla, both games in which Parramatta would have counted as games they should win.

lucablight

First Grade
Phillips wrote:
ozboy wrote:
Phillips wrote:
ozboy wrote:

Me being the dumb one Laughing Laughing Laughing

Orford/Hill
Lockyer/Seymour
Kimmorley/Dykes
Gower/Campbell
Johns/K.Gidley Laughing
Sherwin/Anasta
Williams/Sutton
Prince/Marshall
Jones/Ropati
Shepard/Thurston
Head/Barrett

Tim Smith has struggled has he?? check his stats FFS and it will prove he was been one of our better players Brick wall

Tim Smith was virtually non-existant in both the losses to Souths and Cronulla, both games in which Parramatta would have counted as games they should win.

In the Souths game the Non Existent Tim Smith scored two tries and in the Sharks game he set one up.

ozboy

Juniors
lucablight said:
Phillips wrote:
ozboy wrote:
Phillips wrote:
ozboy wrote:

Me being the dumb one Laughing Laughing Laughing

Orford/Hill
Lockyer/Seymour
Kimmorley/Dykes
Gower/Campbell
Johns/K.Gidley Laughing
Sherwin/Anasta
Williams/Sutton
Prince/Marshall
Jones/Ropati
Shepard/Thurston
Head/Barrett

Tim Smith has struggled has he?? check his stats FFS and it will prove he was been one of our better players Brick wall

In the Souths game the Non Existent Tim Smith scored two tries and in the Sharks game he set one up.

The two most important stats in these games.

Parramatta L and Parramatta L.

I am not doubting Tim Smith's potential, just that a Tim Smith and John Morris halves pairing looks very weak compared to most other teams pairings.

Foz

Bench
Mr Fabulous was getting a touch carried away when he said Parra had one of the best sides on paper.
They lack halves thats for sure.
Unfortunately for them they lost a player after 13 seconds last night and in this day and age it is difficult to overcome.
I'm not writing them off but I didn't rate them that highly(top 4) anyway.

RABK

Referee
Phillips said:
ozboy said:
Phillips said:
ozboy said:

Orford/Hill
Lockyer/Seymour
Kimmorley/Dykes
Gower/Campbell
Sherwin/Anasta
Williams/Sutton
Prince/Marshall
Jones/Ropati
Shepard/Thurston
Head/Barrett

Tim Smith has struggled has he?? check his stats FFS and it will prove he has been one of our better players ](*,)

Johns and Kurt Gidley are both the best defensive players in their positions, Gidley is the fittest player in the comp and Johns when in form there is daylight between him and the rest.

eelsta

Bench
Pantherjim. said:
Harold Bishop said:
Parramatta have shown you cant buy a premiership,

Great Pitty the Roosters can't get that through their thick skulls! :lol:

Pantherjim.

so if you recruit well your trying to buy a comp :roll: and a manly fan talking about buying a premiership please!!!!!!!!!

aenima1

Juniors
they'd be lucky to have a top 8 side on paper, theres no way that side will be anywhere near the top 2. they have a top back row with hindmarsh, cayless and morrison but thats all they have. the rest of the side is just an average bottom of the table team.

daslacker

Juniors
It was very funny AR comments regarding parra top 2.Parra have some blue chip
players but common top 2.WTF are u thinking AR

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Hahahahahah...some of these comments are just hularious...imo parra will make the top 8 comfortably this season if we have a fit team.....u seem to forget that parra ALWAYS start weak and finish strong....last two yr we came close to the top 8 with no quality players...all injured!
Just dont forget we have the best hooking combination/a bright young talanted half back and an exellent fullback (3 most important positions coverd which has never been a strong point at parra)....once our team is more organised and combinations are established parra have the team that will threaten and come end of the yr, we will be very very strong to over come!

P.s. last night we played strong with henderson, morrison, pj, peterson all off the field at one stage due to injury not forgetting that there was no tsolous, robinson, riddell and mickinnon....if ur teams were missing such quality players thorughout the game....u would struggle as well :roll:

Harold Bishop

Juniors
eelsta said:
Pantherjim. said:
Harold Bishop said:
Parramatta have shown you cant buy a premiership,

Great Pitty the Roosters can't get that through their thick skulls! :lol:

Pantherjim.

so if you recruit well your trying to buy a comp :roll: and a manly fan talking about buying a premiership please!!!!!!!!!
Well what i was trying to say is you cant buy 5-6 top players each year, unload them and then do it again every year like your mob, Manly only used to go for Quality, not Quantity.
Next year they will probably get rid of Tim Smith, Morrison and the Perenara brothers, and buy some overpriced players.