What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta v Raiders TRIAL Game Day Thread @ Netstrata Jubilee Stadium Feb 17, 2024

JokerEel

Coach
Mate there's about 50 different rule changes each year, its an absolute joke

I had no idea whether that was a rule change or whether Ennis is just making up stuff. Kelma had eyes for the football. If anything the Raiders number 4 was the in way or the other Parra player trying to contest the ball

100% they jumped way early but Ennis was trying to find a reason to not allow it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Matto can give both RCG and Hopgood a break. There's 240 minutes to cover for our middle forwards in a game (excluding hooker). We don't need 3 middle forwards on the bench. Where do the minutes from to play Ofahengaue just because he's a 'toiler'?
As we saw last year, we usually don't need him to play long minutes. But also, the fewer minutes he has to play the harder he can work while he's out there. And if we do need him to play long minutes the option is there. At least part of the bench's purpose is to provide insurance. Obviously Matterson covers the loss of an edge forward, and if Tuilagi is also on the bench he can cover there too. In that case there is less need (and room obviously) for the cover provided by Ofahengaue. But Ofahengaue is a proven performer and Tuilagi isn't.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Mate there's about 50 different rule changes each year, its an absolute joke

I had no idea whether that was a rule change or whether Ennis is just making up stuff. Kelma had eyes for the football. If anything the Raiders number 4 was the in way of the other Parra player trying to contest the ball

I reckon Ennis was making stuff up. He didn't want his mate's team to lose a trial match. Hearing him talk about flanagan and his team was somehow more unbearable than hearing about stuart and his team

the phantom menace

First Grade
Or Potato Head will continue with his stubbornness and only pick one hooker and burn him out to the point by mid to late season he needs replacing and is a tired old sad sack that can't play to his full abilities at the pointy end of the season, not to mention the added work in defence the rest of the middle forwards will have to do to pick up the missed tackles that is going on in the mean time and who knows how many games it may also cost us when we have a weak fatigued middle.
Based on last year, that's my prediction for this year.
We need two dummy halves. None of our current DH's are up to 80 mins for a full season. No way in Hell. If Potato Head actually thinks they are, he is off his round spuddley head!
Agree :100:%

the phantom menace

First Grade
dont be shocked if Joe O or Matto is the starting lock next season. BA used Joe O in that Niukore role in the last game of 2023 and said after the game he was contemplating it moving forward. allows the starting pack to be bigger and you throw Hopgood out there after 20 and leave him on.
Yikes... but I guess I'm just not that sold on Ofa yet.

Pazza

First Grade
Yikes... but I guess I'm just not that sold on Ofa yet.

You know what, I wouldn't be sold either if he was a key member of the pack but at parra, he's second tier. He gonna provide better cover than guys we've had previously when rcg, paulo, hopgood, matto miss games. Don't forget you only have to go to round 1 2023 and you see names like murchie, moimoisea, doorey etc in the top 17. Offa and kelma are light years better than those guys.

yy_cheng

Coach
dont be shocked if Joe O or Matto is the starting lock next season. BA used Joe O in that Niukore role in the last game of 2023 and said after the game he was contemplating it moving forward. allows the starting pack to be bigger and you throw Hopgood out there after 20 and leave him on.
I assume you mean 2024

Gherkin

Juniors
You know what, I wouldn't be sold either if he was a key member of the pack but at parra, he's second tier. He gonna provide better cover than guys we've had previously when rcg, paulo, hopgood, matto miss games. Don't forget you only have to go to round 1 2023 and you see names like murchie, moimoisea, doorey etc in the top 17. Offa and kelma are light years better than those guys.
No issue with him playing if we have injuries, just wouldn’t pick him in our best 17