What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta's greatest wooden spoon team ever.

84 Baby

Referee
Selecting individual players from different years, and attempting to assemble them into one composite team that could take out the wooden spoon, is never easy. There are always questions. Would they accidently gel as a team? Would one or two of the players form some sort of random combination that could lead to them winning the odd game here and there? Would Billy Rogers get a run - and if he did, how would he play? (In the end, I just had to have him on the bench, since no player in our history has ever been as committed to that position as he was.)
So here is my side:

1. Will Smith
2. Jacob Loko
3. Ben Roberts
4. Robert Muchmore
5. Wise Kativerata
6. Albert Kelly
7. Kris Keating (Captain)
8. Justin Poore
9. Jeff Fenech
10. Pat O'Doherty
11. Danny Sullivan
12. Josh Cordoba
13. Henry Perenara
14. Paul Kent
15. Carl Webb
16. Brendan Oak
17. Billy Rogers.

Coach: Stephen Kearney

If they could remain injury-free, and stick to the coach's game-plans, I think this team would be a shoe-in for the wooden spoon in just about any era.
So 3 players who never played 1st grade at club? If you’re going to shitcan players, at least be accurate about it

lingard

Coach
So 3 players who never played 1st grade at club? If you’re going to shitcan players, at least be accurate about it

Not shit canning anyone. Any player who has made it to the NRL level - even for just one game - should be mighty proud of themselves; because this is the elite level of the sport in the world. Just having a bit of fun.

84 Baby

Referee
Not shit canning anyone. Any player who has made it to the NRL level - even for just one game - should be mighty proud of themselves; because this is the elite level of the sport in the world. Just having a bit of fun.
So saying certain players would win wooden spoon every year isn’t shitcanning them?
Ok. I’ll swap out Kelly and put in
6. Ivor Lingard

Gronk

Staff member
Is there a minimum games requirement for this list because if not surely Justin Hunt has to get a look in. Played only one game of FG and it was a bloody awful one.
* half a game, got hooked at half time
Yes that game (or part thereof) f**ked his career.

Manu Vatuvei is lucky that NZ did not judge him as harshly, I recall a game at Parra when poor Manu dropped every single ball kicked to him and there literally were a dozen.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yes that game (or part thereof) f**ked his career.

Manu Vatuvei is lucky that NZ did not judge him as harshly, I recall a game at Parra when poor Manu dropped every single ball kicked to him and there literally were a dozen.

Hard to forget that game. Warren Smith and Andrew Voss would go on about it as nauseum any time the Eels played the warriors.

Bazal

Post Whore
Death riders gonna death ride...if they can't do it to the current team, they'll find a way

Latest posts