What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parra's Future

MrT

Juniors
It isobvios we need to resign our juniors to long term deals.
Inu should be upgraded to a long etrm deal immediately.

Blake Green plays a great supporting role for Tim Smith, both who should be signed long term. I'm sure we would have seen a lot more of Blake in drier conditions.

The boys played and enjoyed themselves. I sit 5 rows fron the front and I could see the smiles on their faces as they played.

Inu had a WOW of a game. It was his defence that impressed, putting in some big hits.
How good was the dummy he sold and put Hayne away.

He is a STAR for sure.

Stick with the young Hagan, we only need 1 or 2 experienced fowards, no marquee type and we'll b eup there with the best.

Canberra had an off night but don't take anything away from parra who threw the ball around in the wet and scored 38 points

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Inu what a talent!! We have a future topliner in the making with him. I hope Reddy doesn't play 2 many games ahead of him this season.

Gronk

Staff member
Eels rookie in shop window

By Steve Mascord
April 08, 2007

PARRAMATTA Eels unveiled a 20-year-old five-eighth destined to be one of the NRL's hottest properties as they ran seven tries past a listless Canberra last night.

With Nathan Hindmarsh dashing 60 metres for the longest try of his senior career, the Eels embarrassed the Raiders.

But the talk was about debutants, five-eighth Blake Green and centre Krisnan Inu.

Green, a Hills District junior, revealed he was not contracted beyond 2007.

"Hopefully I can pick up a spot somewhere else, if not here," Green said.

"I'm passionate about the place. I love living in the Parramatta area and I'd love to play for Parramatta for the rest of my life.

"But I want to play first grade, so wherever I can get a position, I'm happy to play there."

With so many clubs searching for a halfback, the Eels youngster could be sitting on a pot of gold if he can impress this season.

His manager Isaac Moses said: "Manly were interested before and a couple of other clubs have just kept tabs with him.

"He wants to play NRL and if he can't do it here then he's willing to look at places where he can."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21521279-23214,00.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
this is the problem we now face.

Finch is under contract another season while both Tim and Blake are off contract, I believe we will need to make a painful choice between Blake and Tim and I'm glad I'm not the one to have make it.

eelavation said:
this is the problem we now face.

Finch is under contract another season while both Tim and Blake are off contract, I believe we will need to make a painful choice between Blake and Tim and I'm glad I'm not the one to have make it.

over the course of the year play finch with both blake and tim then see which combination is the strongest im betting it will be the one we saw last night

with tahu gone surely there is enough money to keep them both?

Eelectrica

Referee
re-sign Blake and Smith.
Keep Finch for depth or off load him. There are still a few teams in need of HB, I'm sure one of them would buy out his contract.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Send Finch to the ESL...

I know its only been 1 game and and Blake wasnt outstanding but he played better tonight then finch has in a while...

Utey

Coach
:LOL: Gotta feel for the coaching staff who have been put into this decision. IMO Blake may leave, it seems like we are really counting on Tim to fire so in saying that he'd be the one more likely to stay.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Y2Eel said:
Send Finch to the ESL...

I know its only been 1 game and and Blake wasnt outstanding but he played better tonight then finch has in a while...

it's not as easy as that...you need to find a club who would payout his contract, goodluck in doing so

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he plays PL, he gets paid jacksh*t, then he would probably leave of his own accord

scottyeel

Bench
DanceMaster2000 said:
Inu can't tackle remember lol

Our depth is amazing, many clubs envy our depth, we should utilise it more often.
Why do you keep saying this? I don't recall many people ever saying his defence is weak.

Y2Eel

First Grade
eelavation said:
it's not as easy as that...you need to find a club who would payout his contract, goodluck in doing so
Lets get a collection together...

I havent given up on Finch But if we are going to lose Timmy or Green and keep finch then thats just not right...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
if he plays PL, he gets paid jacksh*t, then he would probably leave of his own accord

he'll still have his set sallery which somewhere in the facinity off 200K and it will still come under tha cap.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I understood they only get their salary paid in full if they play NRL

lucablight

First Grade
If Tim Smith and Green both fire and Finch flops we should really be questioning the decision to sign Finch. Although it's early days yet.

Kornstar

Coach
Stop suggesting such things about signing Blake, Inu etc, people in here will accuse you of jumping the gun because "our juniors aren't as good as we make them out to be":roll:

Latest posts