What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passing

Blunty

Juniors
Hey I know everyone one here hates Rugby 2004, but one thing I would love to see in a sequel to this game, is forward hit ups. In the PS2 version of Rugby 2004, you can press L2 and R2 for forward hitups or L1 and R1 for a pass to the backs. This would be awsome in League, so that you could choose whether to go to your halfback or hit it up through the forwards. Rugby 2004 also has the five eigth in position for every play unless they are in the ruck or maul, again this would be awsome in League for last play options. The forward hitup thing could be used as well by going to the backs and the half passing it back inside to a rampaging forward. I don't care whether I get abused for this post because it is my oppinion, and I think that this would be a must for Rugby League 2005.

Goleel

Juniors
Yeah hitups would be a nice inclusion, the forwards seem to get the video fairly often in the video, and break tackles, which is great stuff, but a direct option would be very good. I'm a big fan of playing through the forwards though, so I'm probably biased, I mean, when I did play Rugby 2004 I'd use the forward runs up the length of the field. It'd take a whole half just to score, but it was great fun, well, as fun as that POS game could be.

locksley

Juniors
Blunty said:
Hey I know everyone one here hates Rugby 2004, but one thing I would love to see in a sequel to this game, is forward hit ups. In the PS2 version of Rugby 2004, you can press L2 and R2 for forward hitups or L1 and R1 for a pass to the backs. This would be awsome in League, so that you could choose whether to go to your halfback or hit it up through the forwards. Rugby 2004 also has the five eigth in position for every play unless they are in the ruck or maul, again this would be awsome in League for last play options. The forward hitup thing could be used as well by going to the backs and the half passing it back inside to a rampaging forward. I don't care whether I get abused for this post because it is my oppinion, and I think that this would be a must for Rugby League 2005.

Believe me fellas, you CAN do hit-ups!!!

That wasn't me playing the game in the video by the way.... Any St Helens fan will tell you, there's NO WAY I'd ever play as Wigan!!

Anyway, my style of play was to do around 5 drives, when combined with a fend and a tap of the aggression button. They work really well

In fact, the Stat tracking shows how many hitups you've made. So please, stop worrying, Hit ups ARE in the game!!! :D

NPK

Bench
By hit-ups, do you mean the forwards can charge in with the ball, and drag the defenders 5 metres before the tackle is completed, like what happens in every game of league in real life?
I haven't seen any of that in any of the videos sofar..