What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

EelsFan05

Bench
He won as many premierships as Wayne Bennett did in the same time period. Food for thought.

I’d love some evidence that the squad should’ve won a premiership during that period, if only they weren’t held back by coaching. It sounds like you’re making excuses for them. Merkins haven’t stopped whinging about MON’s inability to build a squad but suddenly it’s great and would’ve won a premiership under a decent coach.
Please don't compare Wayne Bennett coached teams to BA coached teams. I know you aren't that dumb. Wayne's pedigree speaks for itself. That's why we madly tried to sign him.

And, as always, you've completely missed the point of my post. Speak in 10-12 months. I've wasted enough oxygen on you for this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not convinced it was a "Premiership-winning squad" during that time.
It was a good squad, one of the better ones. But there were better squads than ours in that period (Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters) that would probably have won no matter who our coach was.

Of course there is a chance we may have won. We will never know. It's all hypotheticals. Just as if I was to say we would have missed the Finals every year with a different coach. Chances are it wouldn't have happened, but you never know.
I reckon the squad could’ve won with a different coach and more luck, but it also could’ve won with Brad Arthur and more luck. You never know your luck.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is no evidence that it exists either. But it doesn't stop you trying to connect dots that don't exist to continue an argument. And don't bother referring to the quote that you've been exposed over. There are some fraudsters on these forums, but you are the Bernie Madoff of LU.
This is my point. There is no evidence for your claim that Nrown2 left to get away from Arthur. There is evidence for a host of other reasons though, all based on Nrown2’s public statements. Whether you agree with the evidence is irrelevant.

Whether you agree with the evidence is irrelevant.
Because no matter how weak - or from the totally different time period - the evidence is, you'll keep on...

troll GIF

...dogmatically trolling.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Please don't compare Wayne Bennett coached teams to BA coached teams. I know you aren't that dumb.
What have Bennett coached teams achieved in the past 11 years that makes them any better? If preliminary final wins are worth something now, let me know.
Wayne's pedigree speaks for itself. That's why we madly tried to sign him.
The same people who hired Brad Arthur and Mark O’Neill? Now you rate their judgement?
And, as always, you've completely missed the point of my post. Speak in 10-12 months. I've wasted enough oxygen on you for this year.
It’s fine, we don’t need you here to discuss the points you’ve raised.

Totally different time period? Nrown2 was announced as part of our NRLW staff.
You don't even know what everyone's been criticising your evidence for... lol.
Nothing to do with Brad Arthur or the NRL side. But somehow he left because Arthur was bullying him.
People have been saying your "family reasons" quote is from when Brown left the Warriors before he came to Parramatta. You are yet to acknowledge this.

Instead you just spin yourself in ever diminishing dogmatic circles, either through boredom in life or just to get a rise from your fellow Eels fan.
And you call me the troll.
Yes. See reasoning above. Doctor prescribes you a hiatus...

jason taylor

Bench
I reckon the squad could’ve won with a different coach and more luck, but it also could’ve won with Brad Arthur and more luck. You never know your luck.
You make your own luck, and the best managed teams always come out on top. Roosters are playing in a preliminary final on the weekend and their squad has been ravaged by injury and suspension all season.

For example (and topical given Walters resignation/sacking tonight) Broncos weren’t unlucky in the GF last year - they simply were incapable of closing out the match and let Penrith right back in.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well he left a shit job and returned when offered a better one. That’s a fact. It might be coincidence but I doubt it, given his history. The bloke has coached hundreds of NRL games. He has also stated he wants to work with the top 30, and help a young NRL coach. Which is exactly what he is doing now. That’s not speculation. Everything else is.
He also said he wanted to work with younger players, which is exactly what he was doing when he suddenly left. He also said he wanted to help put top 30 rosters together. You’re twisting his words.

84 Baby

Referee
Obviously I am limiting the discussion to the pool of candidates who want the f**king job. Willing is as important as able.
But this is the solution to your problem with scapegoats. If the only people willing are just joining the queue of “people who we need to get rid of to make us great again” then we need to figure out how to convince the “smart operators” to actually want the job

lucablight

First Grade
But this is the solution to your problem with scapegoats. If the only people willing are just joining the queue of “people who we need to get rid of to make us great again” then we need to figure out how to convince the “smart operators” to actually want the job
He’s acting under the presupposition that we are incapable of getting the best people for the job at any given time. That serves his rhetorical purposes but it’s not a true reflection of reality. For example if the Dragons and Knights landed Bennett there’s no reason we couldn’t have. We should always strive to be better rather than try to explain away our mediocrity.

84 Baby

Referee
He’s acting under the presupposition that we are incapable of getting the best people for the job at any given time. That serves his rhetorical purposes but it’s not a true reflection of reality. For example if the Dragons and Knights landed Bennett there’s no reason we couldn’t have. We should always strive to be better rather than try to explain away our mediocrity.
Bigger than that. Coaches have an interest in job and it’s all about money and circumstances, see Nrown2. Even MON role will have some. The positions we’re really talking about are board & CEO, where potentially the best person has more “interest” in working for James Hardie or whoever over working for club.

Latest posts