What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passion @ Leichardt

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joel, I am a Balmain supporter and I strongly agree that you are being an idiot.

The move to Leichhardt or Campbelltown would be the beginning of disruption within the JV.

We need to play less double headers, agreed.
If we could have 6 Campbo games and 6 leichhardt, that would be great. And if this season is successful enough and provides the next season with similar success at least, then I dare say the amount of double headers will begin to dwindle very quickly.

A permanent move to Campbelltown or Leichhardt is not the answer. You are basing your opinion on heart and lack of thorough analysis.

At Leichhardt in 2004
Tigers played and beat Manly (strugglers this season)
Tigers played and beat Parramatta (In their worst form of the season thus far)
Tigers played and beat Storm (great match against a team coming off a loss and that has never won at Leichhardt)

At Campbelltown in 2004
Tigers played and lost to Brisbane (who were pretty much full strength and are comptition heavyweights)
Tigers played and beat Canberra (They played poorly an we played brilliantly)
Tigers played and lost to Roosters (Benchmarks of the league, at full strength)

Compare the quality of the opponents. Your comments are lacking in forethought.

I am not an advocate for either ground, but the successes this season at Leichhardt are contributable to the quality of their opponents.

Ask yourself this, would you be demanding a move to Leichhardt if the matches were swapped and Campbelltown had all the success?

I think you'd be rather quiet to be honest.

HappyTiger

Juniors
Idiot is the right word.NO ground is superior to the other.Sure our record at Leichhardt is better but its no reason to move aways from Cambo.Its our home too.Lets focus on turning Cambo into a fortress too.

westie

Bench
Joel Kicker said:
madunit you're wrong

Leichardt is the only place to be. where did we get beaten 56-0?

Yes, I agree, if we had played somewhere else we wouldn't have been beaten :lol: :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How am I wrong Joel?

Campbelltown had nothing to do with us losing by 50 against the Roosters.

Are you going to blame Oki Jubilee for the reason why the dragons beat us by 50?

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah geez that ridicolous to suggest a fulltime move to LO. IF the ground can be upgraded, its still not up to scratch, Parking for one is a problem that just cant realistically be fixed unless their is a massive financial backing, wont happen. We may play well at the ground but any permanent home ground is more likely to be at Cambo i hate to say.

Sincas

Juniors
Not again.. Please.

I've been at Leichhardt when we got beat 66-10 so its certainly not incapable of happening again one day.

2 grounds will do me nicely thanks.

I doubt whether you will ever see a day where the games are only at either Leichhardt or Campbelltown. Two words = JOINT VENTURE.

Vicious

Bench
JOELCORE said:
I just dont like two grounds and Leichhardt Oval is a much better place for us to be playing.Simple.
If you don`t play at 2 home grounds you don`t have a merger,do you???

how many games did we win last year at Leichardt and how many at Campo It as been Turned around this year.

We need to keep the two home grounds

Two home grounds mean bigger supporter area.

More Support mean more $$$

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
joel.

You've provided a very weak argument which you haven't thought through...again!

just shut up now.

NZtiger

Juniors
I didn't intend on coming into the Wests Tigers forum to read about a 'one ground' issue...as far as I'm concerned a JOINT VENTURE means 2 teams as one, and 2 grounds for one! (and keep the games coming to Christchurch, NZ too!)

Latest posts