What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passion @ Leichardt

Wrighty79

Juniors
FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the original JOEL!!! These other guys have other names as well as Joel. I am just Joel! These guys have other monikers, please use them when quoting them or replying to their posts.

If we were to move anywhere, and I said this last year on the Official Forum (P.S. Sincas/Unit, how is that coming along mate?) that we should move to Concord. I believe now that we are not a joint venture, we have 2 traditions, but one future, and I firmly believe that to promote absolute harmony, we should make a full time move to Concord.

It shouldn't be too hard to schedule our home games around the union that gets played out of there. FFS the ground did hold a World Cup final, we train out of there, parking isn't in abundance, but it's not really in Cambo or Leichhardt either, you're still close to the action a-la-Leichhardt... IMHO it just makes sense.

HOT028

Juniors
how long are we going to go on with this, get to concord or keep both leichhardt and cmbo, we can't lose one and keep the other it must be a total move or nothing.

tigger

Juniors
Eye of the Tiger said:
i have a feeling this joel = Hemroid maybe even TUGGER

Piss off cockbreath, at least my arguments have substance.... like Campbelltown is a sh1thole, why would anyone worth their salt, live, breed or watch football there?

There is NO benefit to playing games at two venues, except that it means that 50% of the fans have to drive halfway round the world alternatively to get to a game of football.

trialex

Juniors
tigger said:
Eye of the Tiger said:
i have a feeling this joel = Hemroid maybe even TUGGER

Piss off cockbreath, at least my arguments have substance.... like Campbelltown is a sh1thole, why would anyone worth their salt, live, breed or watch football there?

There is NO benefit to playing games at two venues, except that it means that 50% of the fans have to drive halfway round the world alternatively to get to a game of football.
Or how about 50% of the supporters don't have to travel to "home" games EVERY time?

I LIVE in Leichhardt and I'm happy to travel to Campletown every alternate home game to watch a successful (survival-wise, not necessarily points-wise) team.

tigger

Juniors
My point is that if the average crowd for both Leichhardt Oval & Campbelltown is say 11,000 people, then as long as either stadium can get a higher average than that, then they should move to one.

As most of the 'fans' of Wests want Balmain & Western Suburbs to merge completely, it would not matter if the 'JV' decided one ground as the majority of fans would still show up. They just need to bite the bullet.

ouwet

Bench
tigger said:
My point is that if the average crowd for both Leichhardt Oval & Campbelltown is say 11,000 people, then as long as either stadium can get a higher average than that, then they should move to one.

As most of the 'fans' of Wests want Balmain & Western Suburbs to merge completely, it would not matter if the 'JV' decided one ground as the majority of fans would still show up. They just need to bite the bullet.

Concord Oval could be an option... seeing as you guys use it for training... or a move to Homebush? Even though i don't support the West Tigers it is important IMO that they use the two venues for a few years to come... And then maybe look at Concord or Homebush!
THis friday if it's good weather their should be a good crowd! Plenty of Bulldog supporters live in Campbelltown and we will travel in numbers! Like last year!!!

JOELCORE

Juniors
Everyone shut the f**k up.None of you have really come with great arguments to change my mind.Just insults.

People do share different opinions.This is not a balmain wests thing.Its about the wests tigers getting the best results.

Iam not even that hell bent on it.Its just something I think would improve our results.

And do not link me to that other joel.Cheers.

NZ Magpie

Juniors
Tigger, I have said it before and I will say it again... You and JOELCORE, are Tuggers.

I really find it hard to beleive that either of you are "true" Wests Tigers supporters. You both seem to be Knockers, more than anything else.

I would like to be proved wrong but ...

Stellar

Juniors
Its a joint Venture therefore the games get shared between C'town and Leichhart end of discussion.

innsaneink

Referee
tigger said:

As most of the 'fans' of Wests want Balmain & Western Suburbs to merge completely
, it would not matter if the 'JV' decided one ground as the majority of fans would still show up. They just need to bite the bullet.

Wrong.
The majority want seperate PL teams, two grounds etc etc....only time will change views. And a successful weststigers.

JOELCORE

Juniors
NZ Magpie said:
Tigger, I have said it before and I will say it again... You and JOELCORE, are Tuggers.

I really find it hard to beleive that either of you are "true" Wests Tigers supporters. You both seem to be Knockers, more than anything else.

I would like to be proved wrong but ...

Knocker.?????

I Made one statement that I think we should play at Leichhardt and thats makes me a knocker. ;-)
Go away.

Vicious

Bench
No doubting that when reasonably full,Leichardt has arguably the best atmosphere of any sporting arena in the State.However,as Campbelltown is one of the most rapidly growing areas in the State,in particular for young families,it would be ludicrous to do anything to disenchant the Campbelltown area.2 home grounds to stay for the next 5 years atleast!

westie

Bench
Vicious said:
No doubting that when reasonably full,Leichardt has arguably the best atmosphere of any sporting arena in the State.However,as Campbelltown is one of the most rapidly growing areas in the State,in particular for young families,it would be ludicrous to do anything to disenchant the Campbelltown area.2 home grounds to stay for the next 5 years atleast!

Telstra easily has the best atmosphere in the state.

westie

Bench
Eddie. said:
Just like that double header against Saints this year Westie. #-o

You obviously wernt at the G'Final. Best football moment of my life, purely because of the atmosphere.

JOELCORE

Juniors
Telstra is shit for football in my opinion.Never really enjoyed any footy there.

Sfs was a much better ground for big games.

if we give away more games there again next year I will be very pissed off.

JOELCORE

Juniors
Telstra is shit for football in my opinion.Never really enjoyed any footy there.

Sfs was a much better ground for big games.

if we give away more games there again next year I will be very pissed off.

Sincas

Juniors
westie said:
Eddie. said:

You obviously wernt at the G'Final. Best football moment of my life, purely because of the atmosphere.

I was. I wouldn't want to go there for anything other than a GF or State of Origin. Even the semi's would be better served at Aussie Stadium.

innsaneink

Referee
westie said:
Eddie. said:

Atmosphere is one thing....and everyones entitled to their opinions.
I went to the '02 GF......definitely I would say...IMO....that a crowd of 15,16,17k+...chanting and cheering MY team, thats on the field in front of me playing well does more for me than watching a decider featuring two teams I dont support.

Latest posts