What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

paterson or fulton?

Paullyboy

Coach
Fulton by a long, long, long way. Paterson is fairly worthless in fantasy competitions unless they reward points for going from first grade to the bench sporadically

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I need some similar help with my fantasy team selections.
Caught between a solid team or a team with a few rookies and superstars.
Can anyone share some insight to these players (preseason form, etc) and if they would be worth a run:

- Corey Norman (Broncos)
- Joel Thompson (Raiders)
- Robert Lui (Tigers)
- Tom Symonds (Roosters)
- Travis Burns (Panthers)

perverse

Referee
i'd say symonds and thompson are worth a crack. i've heard walsh and burns have actually looked good together in the trials... but trial form is a pretty dodgy thing to go off and i haven't really rated the bloke in the rest of his career thus far.

Lui.. not sure.. benji was talking him up in the media a week or 2 ago.. but he's not exactly going to bag his new halves partner publicly. the tigers have at least 2 other options at halfback (taumata and moltzen) so i wouldn't think lui is a done deal in first grade yet, i'd say he's still got a lot to prove.

Norman i know absolutely zero about, other than he's been named at fullback this week for the broncos, lol.

sting

Bench
Fair enough, I was leaning towards Fulton as I'm probably bringing in zeb taia later..

To the above question, I've got Thompson in the centres and think he's worth a crack!

Paullyboy

Coach
If the Broncos put Norman at the back, it's a fair sign they are confident with him, especially considering Beale and Hoffman were both gunning for his spot.

aussies1st

Staff member
Guess who just got a workhorse/dominant forward try :p Maybe this is Paterson becoming a must pick for Fantasy comps.

perverse

Referee
Guess who just got a workhorse/dominant forward try :p Maybe this is Paterson becoming a must pick for Fantasy comps.
i tried to keep quiet about him this year... and picked him up for $40k in our nearlysport comp :p

was always going to be an absolute star once he got his head sorted.

aussies1st

Staff member
Haha nice, I was a bit skeptical since last year he wasn't known for his tackling. Guess it'll be interesting seeing how he goes once Zeb makes the starting team again.

perverse

Referee
Haha nice, I was a bit skeptical since last year he wasn't known for his tackling. Guess it'll be interesting seeing how he goes once Zeb makes the starting team again.
his first year in 1st grade showed his attacking flair, his second year showed his defensive flair... and his third year he suffered clinical depression. 4th year in now, and he looks like he's more than killed his demons and is ready to put it all together. he never had the workload in defence before last night... but if he keeps it up he will be the complete package.

knights aren't going to miss houston and that other lazy fat arse one bit.

Noa

First Grade
I was going to post "easily Pato, Ive got him in all my teams and he is going to kill it this year while Liam Fulton is sh*te".

But then I thought "what if come up against this merkin for the cash or car this year, f**k him".

Last edited by a moderator:

perverse

Referee
I was going to post "easily Pato, Ive got him in all my teams and he is going to kill it this year while Liam Fulton is sh*te".

But then I thought "what if come up against this merkin for the cash or car this year, f**k him".
exactly... it blows me away how much people love to blab on all their fantasy league tips etc. i would much prefer to do my talking with my fantasy teams performance.

crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Franko

Juniors
Fulton by a long, long, long way. Paterson is fairly worthless in fantasy competitions unless they reward points for going from first grade to the bench sporadically

Ha ha i have both as both there value will grow quickly.

Patterson scored 79 points or something this week in tele super coach fantasy game.

Nugby

Juniors
My sympathy if you didn't end up with both. I've got them in the DT comp though I stupidly didn't play Fulton!

Flapper

First Grade
I got Paterson, who I rate enormously, but Fulton is also a very decent buy, althought i dont have him for some reason. Should rectify that, although I stacked my back row with some heavy hitters as is.

Nugby

Juniors
Flapper, if you're playing DT, don't forget to see if you could, say, swap a nuffy FRF into your Second Row (presuming one of your existing 2RF players has a secondary FRF position) and trade him out for Fulton. I'll be taking advantage of that already!