What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

paterson or fulton?

aussies1st

Staff member
Think the prices don't start moving till round 3 so you can still get the bargains. I had to Ben Smith and Myles in so hopefully the prices don't move.

Paullyboy

Coach
For all those people who were in love with Paterson and giving themselves a pat on the back for picking him - I hope you realise now what you've gotten yourself into.

(I wouldn't normally do this, but fantasy sports is all about being arrogant, otherwise it gets boring)

Johns Magic

Referee
A try-assist and a linebreak yesterday to go along with his 27 tackles, 15 runs and a linebreak last week?

Paullyboy

Coach
I guess it depends on what league you play in, but the ones i play in he is nothing more than a middle of the road player (if that).

perverse

Referee
For all those people who were in love with Paterson and giving themselves a pat on the back for picking him - I hope you realise now what you've gotten yourself into.

(I wouldn't normally do this, but fantasy sports is all about being arrogant, otherwise it gets boring)
it must be a pretty sh*t league you're playing in. he's been great for me in both the leagues i'm in. he's one of my "flair" players, in that when he scores, he scores big. i've got plenty of consistent plodders in my team that get my "bread and butter" points.

paterson has won (or allowed me to thrash) a few games this year.

Paullyboy

Coach
I play in a standard type NRLCEO league (ie you need 40 tackles/hitups combined) to get a forward try. And he's rather average in it.

But if you play in one of those leagues where you get points for everything from farting to 'how many litres of water they drink during the game' he may be worth it.

hunters

Juniors
He's been farting well for me. Cost nothing and averages nearly 35 (in the NRL Dream Team)

perverse

Referee
he's an absolute gun in the DT fantasy league, and he's been an awesome x-factor player in my NearlySport team.

NRL.com weights tackling far too heavily versus any other statistic, i can see why fulton would be better in that league. the DT weighting of points is much fairer on different types of players in all positions, imo. Paterson isn't a workhorse forward, he's a dynamic, tackle breaking, offloading ballplayer.

aussies1st

Staff member
DT is a lot harder to find consistent players compared to the NRL. If you have a tackle machine in NRL you pretty much get 40 points each week.

gronkathon

First Grade
Ahh my bad. I have narroed down to only NRL.com this season.

Would have thought on balance that Lewis Brown would have been a handy pickup in the DT comp

Latest posts