What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathan

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Who else agrees with me that Irfan Pathan is the biggest smartass and wanker in cricket at the moment?

He has NO respect for other players especially Hayden, Ponting and Martyn more recently.

He is the biggest smartass and i hate him with a passion.

knights04

Bench
Pathan had a great series considering it was his first. He didn't really impress until the 3rd test and will be around for a while bowling with Khan. Martyn is a drama queen and I'm glad he got under the skin of that idiot. It was good to see him having it with Hayden and showed how he's not threatened by anyone.

salivor

First Grade
lol you poor thing. From what I saw of the Hayden and Pathan battle it was a two way thing. No real banter, just some facing off and a bit of contact in the running between wickets. I think Hayden is big enough to give as good as he gets and from what Graeme Smith reports, he gives an awful lot.

More importantly Pathan is the brightest bowling prospect I've seen from India in a while. He has an air of arrogance and can back it up with the ball. He also completements it well being able to field, catch and hold a bat which puts him well ahead of the likes of the incompetent Nehra.

Disco

Bench
Its a bit hypocritical for aussie fans to hate players for being smart, i mean really we are the biggest sledgers in world cricket. i just love seeing quicks and batsmen go at it, its great, so therfore pathan is a champ, and he is a pretty bloddy good young quick

aqua_duck

Coach
Mate all Martyn had to do was point to the scoreboard or for that matter point to Pathan's bowling figures, that would have shut him up.
I mean abit of sledging here and there is common place but I think what Pathan did is very disrespectful, I mean what would we be saying if Tendulkar lost his wicket and Brett Lee pointed at him and started laughing?
What I find worse is the Murali Kartik thing hitting Hayden with a throw, now thats going abit too far, I mean its like a batsman whacking a keeper with his bat when the keeper is up to the stumps, unacceptable.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pathan did nothing wrong.

HE did not say anything, just clapped and gave Marto the glare.

If Marto can't handle that, he should not be playing international cricket.

I've seen a lot worse than that in club cricket.

Iafeta

Referee
Very good call Disco. If Irfan Pathan is a problem, then Glenn McGrath, Shane Warne and Jason Gillespie should be confined to a Kindergarten cricket team. Also Aqua Duck, don't lose sight of the fact Lee not long ago was in trouble for telling Shane Bond to "F**k Off" in full view of the cameras. He's definitely not exemplory so choosing him as an example is probably not the best decision. Don't also fabricate things, if clapping is pointing then George Michael is a straight man. Fair dinkum. He clapped, and smiled. Does Damien Martyn throw a wobbly at the chump in the stand clapping and smiling?

For mine, Damien Martyn needs to grow some b@lls. Don't blame Irfan Pathan for you having a shocker of a summer. He didn't even say anything and you acted like a little spoilt brat. Put your bat under your arm and walk off. You're out. Thats that. Accept it like Matt Hayden, play within the spirit of the game to play hard, but reasonably fair. Pathan gave Hayden as good as he got in the stare down, thats tension. Acting like a goose isn't. Maybe Martyn can't cope with the fact that part of Andy Bichel's comments were fairly directed at himself.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm not a big fan of Damien Martyn's but I can't see how he's the guilty party in this, Pathan was reported by all 3 umpires and repremanded.
Iafeta, the example, and Brett lee thing is irrelevent, I'll even change the scenario, what if bowler A) did it, and I can't see the big difference betwwen pointing at someone and laughing and clapping ironically at someone, either way you're mocking them are you not?
It seems people are moe willing to bag martyn than anyone else, its turned into abit more martyn bashing if you ask me.

Matt23

Staff member
Who would then turn around and remind Tendulker about Melbourne the other day... :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
I think the commentators are talking this guy up way too much. He is a kid with potential yet they go onlike hes the best bowler going around ATM :roll:

aphelion

Juniors
Pathan didn't do anything wrong. Hell, he didn't even say anything. This is just another case of the Aussies not being shy in dishing out the sledges and send-offs, but not being able to hack it when they get some back for once.

Martyn acted like a total crybaby..."Hey ump...he's grinning at me...I want him reported". Wimp.

budz

Juniors
Geez some of you guys have some problems. Does anyone remember when Williams ran towards one of the batsman he got out, stared at him and shouted? As if what Pathan did was so wrong! All he did was look at him, clap and smile! Oh geez lets suspend him now!
And Aqua, Hayden left his crease when he hit the ball and was out of his crease when Kartik picked the ball up. He had every right to throw it at the stumps. It doesnt matter if Hayden is in the way or not.

iggy plop

First Grade
pepstar87 said:
Who else agrees with me that Irfan Pathan is the biggest smartass and wanker in cricket at the moment?

He has NO respect for other players especially Hayden, Ponting and Martyn more recently.

He is the biggest smartass and i hate him with a passion.

No that honour goes to Brad Williams - I hate him with a passion.

Fat ugly, bitch-titted git.

Pathan will be a future Indian champion.

simon says

First Grade
I love that kind of stuff in cricket.When players stare eachother down or mock one another it gets me psyched.

On the incident,I couldnt believe at the time that Martyn complained,we were 3/240 off 40 overs.If he had any sense of humour he would have gone right up to Parthan and said,look at the scoreboard you utter tool.We are,yet again giving you wimps a hiding in the GF.

Instead he got the sooks and had a whinge.I found it embarassing for the fact that he wasnt smart enough to point this out to Parthan.

And this is not Martyn bashing.

Latest posts