What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathan

Aussies complaining about sledging. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: : :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meth

Staff member
Turn it up Pepstar

In the same game, Williams abused Ganguly from the gate to the wicket. If what Pathan did was disrespectful (and I think it was just standard banter from a quick to a batsman), than Williams should be hung and quartered

Hoggy

Bench
Scuba said:
Turn it up Pepstar

In the same game, Williams abused Ganguly from the gate to the wicket. If what Pathan did was disrespectful (and I think it was just standard banter from a quick to a batsman), than Williams should be hung and quartered

Yeah but that's just funny.

Ganguly would have just blinked and looked away anyway.

Meth

Staff member
Its not that funny

Ganguly actually approached Ponting and had a quiet word to him

Handled it very well, I thought

Meth

Staff member
Speaking of 'Not That Funny'

Ears Burning, Simon Says?

BTW- Kiwis are too world cricket what Tigers are to the NRL

Just wanted to say that :lol: :lol: :lol:

simon says

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go THE MIGHTY TIGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I just wanted to say that.

And Im wondering if this anti -Aussie sentiment stems from the fact that we are the undisputed world champ of every form of cricket while your guys are.....well......I dont wanna sound rude but.......they stink!!

Get over it Kiwis,we are your masters,now be quiet and get me a drink,this typoing is making me thirsty,thats a good boy. ;-) ;-)

salivor

First Grade
simon says said:
Kiwis are crap at cricket....

I just wanted to say that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still reeling from having to watch the Kiwis and Africans in the VB series final from the sidelines? ;-)

simon says

First Grade
Is that the best you have????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Win something and then come back and say something,lol. :lol: :lol:

PS.....just for the record I think Fleming is the best captain in world cricket but the rest of the team sucks..... ;-) ;-) ;-) And has done for about a hundred years with no sign of any improvement. ;-) ;-)

Meth

Staff member
typoing?

Anti-Aussie sentiment...none at all.

You're country is without debate "the undisputed world champ of every form of cricket".

I never debated it, nor has anybody else in the thread. For goodness sake son, this thread doesn't even have anything remotely to do with world rankings.

If anybody says anything slightly critical of a player that happens to be an Australian, its 'anti-Australian sentiment'?

Just goes to show that in a country full of champions, there's still the odd loser... :clap:

salivor

First Grade
simon says said:
Is that the best you have????

Win something and then come back and say something,lol. :lol: :lol:

PS.....just for the record I think Fleming is the best captain in world cricket but the rest of the team sucks..... ;-) ;-) ;-) And has done for about a hundred years with no sign of any improvement. ;-) ;-)

Yeah thats the best I've got, you know a team that apparently sucks yet the last test series they played against Australia in Australia was drawn and in the following VB series they won 3 out of their 4 matches against Australia and got into the final ahead of Australia.

I'm sure the NZ side has sucked for 100 years, well no I'm not actually because they've only been around since 1930 but I'm sure your a real history buff ;-) . I'm also not sure how your going to explain the 80's which was a glory period for the NZ team with the likes of Richard Hadle, you know that side that won a couple of test series against the Australians and even won a series against that amazing West Indies side.

Meth

Staff member
I'm still struggling to see the relevance of the New Zealand cricket team in a discussion about sledging that occured in a fixture between India and Australia.

Enlighten us Simon

simon says

First Grade
Fact one........I agree that Martyn wimped out in the game.He should have known better,and we give it so we must be able to take a bit too.

Fact 2......I have noticed that all the Kiwis on this site are very critical of anything Australian.A fact that I find amusing due to the fact that we are the best.

Fact 3......You would think that a group of supporters would be giving advice to their own country rather than to the team that is the undisputed cricket champs of the world.

So there ya go.

Meth

Staff member
Fact One- doesn't even relate to why the New Zealand cricket team is relevant in any way in a discussion about sledging that occured in a fixture between India and Australia.

Fact Two- generalising. My post that you attacked was the first I had posted in the Cricket forum. You didn't even read it, you just saw Kiwi and gave a piss poor attempt at a pay out. I notice yoú're the only yobbo that thinks it was malicious anti-aussie sentiment. All the others can spot objectivity

Fact three- Makes me wonder why you brought up the New Zealand cricket team at all, seeing as you are so insular and self-sufficient. You're certainly not shy at handing out advice to every other Rugby League club around, even though your club is closer to the bottom than it is to the middle. Plus, its not really a fact, if you think about it.

simon says

First Grade
My post wasnt aimed at you mate.

Just a general gee up.The Aussies seemed to be copping it from the NZers and I thought Id throw a line and see who would bite.

Its all in good fun,lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
aphelion said:
Pathan didn't do anything wrong. Hell, he didn't even say anything. This is just another case of the Aussies not being shy in dishing out the sledges and send-offs, but not being able to hack it when they get some back for once.

Martyn acted like a total crybaby..."Hey ump...he's grinning at me...I want him reported". Wimp.

Exactly right. The aussies have been dishing out the sledging and send offs for years now, the Indians push back a little and the aussies carry on like pork chops and start waving their hand bags.

Its just embarassing.

Pathan is gold for India. He has attitude and is prepared to stand upto more experienced players and give as good as he gets. he can bowl and is young and goes very well. Patel is the same is a good young player with a bit of attitude. His keeping needs work but he will get better.

India in my opinion would be better off with Yuvraj at no.6 and Laxman skippering the side and Ganguly gone. With Khan and Pathan and Harbajhan and Kumble that isn't the worst attack they have ever put out to play.

As for Hayden and Pathan, well that could be a bit of fun in India come October.

Anonymous

Juniors
Until the the recent series against Pakistan we hadn't lost a test series for over 3 years. We were world no.3 in tests for an extended period until very recently. Considering we live in a country of 4 million people, most of whom don't give 2 sh*ts about cricket, I'd say NZ are far and away the worlds best performed cricket nation by player base, which suggests that the average NZ cricketer is better than the average cricketer from any other country. You might not like it, but think about it.

Also on Pathan, he has ability no doubt, but in almost every game against Australia (while he took some wickets), he got smashed and went for 7 or 8 an over.

Iafeta

Referee
Too funny Pepstar. Thats how we feel about McGrath. Because he's too damn good!! I remember Sir Richard Hadlee say he used to get spurred on by the wanker chants, because he knew deep down it was a sign of respect that the Australians were aware of his skills and needed a way to make themselves think they were superior.

Simon Says, some of what you say is quite humorous. Its all good fun, we're like little brother to big brother - we love to upset the apple cart but have enough nuts to try and stick up for ourselves. Its like yourselves and America, if you played more sports, even though in reality overall your record is punative to theirs, you love it when you do get the upset. I guess thats why you guys are nuts over swimming. They still kick your a holes overall, but the Australian media wouldn't let you know it. We get the calls every now and then in Kiwiland, but we don't control the media to let the world know it, so we let you all know it! :D

Back to Pathan, if he get some consistency, he has the magic balls to do something. And I'm talking about the ones he bowls, nothing else OK. He gets good shape, more so than any of the other Indians. Nehra needs to take up knitting or something, his fielding and batting is bollocks. Pathan is a genuine trier and doesn't mind a bit of competition. His attitude is the most Australianised out of the Indian bowlers, yet strangely enough, he's hated by some Australians - and you wonder why the rest of the world take shots at McGrath and Warnie!!! :clap: All he needs now is the Victorian Salute, the audacity to go over the line, a fat pot belly, a gristly moustache and he'd be Merv Hughes. A cult hero in Australia I might add.