What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic

Iafeta

Referee
woodgers said:
I agree with all of that mate. I'd prefer they just admit mistakes and find solutions rather than cover them up.

I have seen the McKinnon no try since this morning and I am absolutely baffled. IF there is any doubt, it should go to the attacking team. There wasn't even doubt! Ridiculous. At this rate they'll find any reason not to give a try and turn it into a Union penalty goal shootout.

There's three of them - Phil Cooley, Graeme West and Steve Nash who systematically look for any, any, ANY plausible faint possibility why a try can't be a try. Even on dead set obvious ones, they take 34 replays each to make a decision, from 17 different angles. Not only do they completely and utterly frustrate the patrons, not only do they completely and utterly change the momentum of a game by allowing the team on the backfoot to recover their breath and perhaps not use an interchange they otherwise might have been forced to, but time and time again, these three gentlemen come up with incorrect no try decisions that are unfathomable, and more pertently, outrageous when you consider one should have enough common sense to... well, apply common sense. Last night, you apply simple rational common sense, you get the right decision. 99.999999% of the population will tell you that. The others are Robert Finch, Phil Cooley, Graeme West and Steve Nash - and what do we know happens after a match? The referees and the referees boss go over the tape and come to a consensus, sinch Cooley, Finch, West and Nash all think as negatively as each other on the game and the rational application of common sense the only logical outcome is self preservation, irrational defence and no change.

Yet the people who really matter - the patrons on TV and through the gate who buy the tickets, and the merchandise, the players themselves, and the coaches are non plussed. As long as the four wise men agree though, we will never move forward. The only way forward is a complete and utter overhaul of the refereeing division.

ozbash

Referee
Raider Azz said:
2832.jpg
58-16

Scorpio30

Bench
Iafeta said:
There's three of them - Phil Cooley, Graeme West and Steve Nash who systematically look for any, any, ANY plausible faint possibility why a try can't be a try. Even on dead set obvious ones, they take 34 replays each to make a decision, from 17 different angles. Not only do they completely and utterly frustrate the patrons, not only do they completely and utterly change the momentum of a game by allowing the team on the backfoot to recover their breath and perhaps not use an interchange they otherwise might have been forced to, but time and time again, these three gentlemen come up with incorrect no try decisions that are unfathomable, and more pertently, outrageous when you consider one should have enough common sense to... well, apply common sense. Last night, you apply simple rational common sense, you get the right decision. 99.999999% of the population will tell you that. The others are Robert Finch, Phil Cooley, Graeme West and Steve Nash - and what do we know happens after a match? The referees and the referees boss go over the tape and come to a consensus, sinch Cooley, Finch, West and Nash all think as negatively as each other on the game and the rational application of common sense the only logical outcome is self preservation, irrational defence and no change.

Yet the people who really matter - the patrons on TV and through the gate who buy the tickets, and the merchandise, the players themselves, and the coaches are non plussed. As long as the four wise men agree though, we will never move forward. The only way forward is a complete and utter overhaul of the refereeing division.

I disagree....I cant believe you left Chris Ward out, he is the worst. I believe he "officiated" the Souths v Warriors game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Scorpio30 said:
I disagree....I cant believe you left Chris Ward out, he is the worst. I believe he "officiated" the Souths v Warriors game.

I'm fairly sure that was Nash as well. I'm sure someone has a Big League hanging around from that week.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I have to say that was an ordinary no try.

If tries like that are gonna keep getting denied, then when we will ever see a fair try?

Its a joke, video ref's are just looking at things to deny tries, then when its blatant obvious try, they give it benefit of the doubt. :?

jimmythehand

Juniors
don't be ridiculous you can't get rid of touch judges. 2 referees have been tried in the past and obviously didn't get the go ahead.

the only way things are going to be sorted out is through the challenge system like every other sport is starting to use. I'm not going to go over it again, there's 2 threads from last year that will tell you how it works. It's only a matter of time ....

Latest posts