What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The effort was there tonight, the guys played their rings off. But really we are just not good enough to match a side like the Dragons ATM. Our defence has improved out of sight this season, we just have to work on our attack.

Gronk

Staff member
We are a bunch of spast**s .....

OPA RAY!

I don't think you are giving St George enough credit. I watched the game over this morning. The Dragons were very good and we are not the first team hey have shut down.

Yes our ball security let us down, but there was a whole lot of positives that came out of that game for me.

Raudonikis

Juniors
Agreed..I enjoyed the commitment they showed and turned up ready to play.That game could have been very different if 1 of those early chances turned into points.
This dragons team however is a very very good side and im happy parra competed.

thedux

Juniors
Guys, a bit of perspective; a team playing without luck or confidence is just that!! There were at least 4-5 last passes in scoring position that went to ground. Catch one of those, you have a different game. But yeah, you're right; these guys get paid a lot of money to catch and pass so there's no excuses for not getting the fundamentals right. But it will come, its only 5 rounds into it and 2 of the sides that have beaten us are top 4 candidates.
Every side has an ordinary patch just like they have a purple patch. If there wasn't any effort I would be on the other side of the fence believe me but DA is going to be trying new players and combos for a few more weeks; he has to because he's literally only had 4 months to do what some coaches have had a couple of years to achieve.
I honestly think we'll all be a lot happier at season's end than we are right now!!!

it was a improvement but how can you not score at least 2 tries with all the ball we had in the 1st half and field position, not good enough for NRL.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's no shame being beaten by the Dragons ATM, they should go a long way this year. If a few passes had of stuck we may have given them a fright.

Jodeci

Bench
Attack all starts by how well the fullback returns the ball and where on the field he gets to.

In saying this, Soward found the grass that many times it was a joke.

Have a look at the best teams in the comp:

Hunt, catches the ball on the fly and makes at least 20 metres per return
McKinnion, positions himself well to make easily 20 metres and returns the ball near manu or Kirk so the play the ball is quick and the next play is already done
Patten, rarely the ball bounces.
Bowen and Slater.

These fullbacks make 200 metres per game, though with us the ball bounces about 20 times before we pick it up and we are already on the back foot

Burt's position play is rubbish, he returns the ball back sideways and makes no more then 7 - 10 metres

fanaticeel

Juniors
I wont say they were pathetic. Thats not a fair comment. We lacked consistency and creativity. They actually did well with all the changes leading up to the game. I agree with some other posts in that Cayless needs to be hitting the line and breaking it. I like Cayless, he's a great bloke but...maybe it's time. I'm more concerned with Inu's lack of opportunities. He doesn't seem the player he can be and yes I know this has a bit to do with how much ball he sees. I think we give Mortimer a go, Robson did an ok job but he's not the future for the eels. I think Mannah needs to start with Fui and bring Caylo off the bench but that what happen with the captain..will it.

Parra Steve

Juniors
I didnt think our attack was that bad, it just came apart at the end, had those plays stuck it may have been a different story, like Robson dropping the ball, Tautai for some reason knocking the ball forward when he should have just caught it he would have scored or Sailors tackle on Inu that spilled the ball.

The dragons aren't the best defensive team for no reason. their first 2 tries came from kicks and you'd have to say the first one was just luck.

I would be starting K Keating at half next week, we looked much better with him out there.

carpe

Juniors
I think we were terrible yesterday. We had nothing going in attack. Our defense looked good because St George wasn't that good. We looked flat on every aspect. We missed Finchy yesterday. Other than Grother, no one caught my eye. Hindy was as usual, doing heaps of work. That guy is pure machine. Whole team looked quite disjointed.
No I am not going to give kudos to St geroge. They weren’t that good last night. We should have scored when they were 1 payer short. This is the second time we lost the opportunity when the opposition was 1 player down.

HevyDevy

Coach
Let's just hope we look back on 2009 as the year of the great DA purge.

We need to rip this squad apart and start recruiting new players. How anyone ever thought this was a premiership squad was beyond me.

I mean, just look at our 1,6,7 and 9? The joke of the league.

Adding Mateo in the 6 is the ONLY thing that gives it any quality.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think we were terrible yesterday. We had nothing going in attack. Our defense looked good because St George wasn't that good. We looked flat on every aspect. We missed Finchy yesterday. Other than Grother, no one caught my eye. Hindy was as usual, doing heaps of work. That guy is pure machine. Whole team looked quite disjointed.
No I am not going to give kudos to St geroge. They weren’t that good last night. We should have scored when they were 1 payer short. This is the second time we lost the opportunity when the opposition was 1 player down.

Rubbish. This team has won 4 straight and were unlucky against the Storm in round 1.

They weren't that good last night? That's because every time one of their danger players got the ball we were up in their face shutting them down.

We missed Finchy? FFS Finchy wouldn't have done anything to help last night.

lingard

Coach
You guys can spin it however you want but MY opinion was that our ball handling is f**ken shocking, we cant catch I just dont understand that no one sees this, fundementaly we are plain bad, sorry Bazal and others but our hand are horrific. Lap it up if you are happy by this performance.

There was only one player out there last night dropping the ball. Feleti Mateo. It`s obvious that you and Avenger and Sterling don`t know very much about Rugby League; you just want a team that is a sensation so you can say "My team is winning!", much like a primary school kid would do. So why don`t you leave the posts to people who know a little bit about the game, and toddle off and barrack for... I dont know... the Brazilian soccer team?

lingard

Coach
Let's just hope we look back on 2009 as the year of the great DA purge.

We need to rip this squad apart and start recruiting new players. How anyone ever thought this was a premiership squad was beyond me.

I mean, just look at our 1,6,7 and 9? The joke of the league.

Adding Mateo in the 6 is the ONLY thing that gives it any quality.

Wasn`t much quality from him in the 6 last night, though.

CrazyEel

Bench
LOL, last week you whinge non stop we were pathetic yet we had Finch, this week, even though we played much better, you whinge we're pathetic because we missed Finch. :crazy:

You really are a glass half empty guy aren't you, seriously mate, I have no idea what your problem is but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

Bazal

Post Whore
LOL, last week you whinge non stop we were pathetic yet we had Finch, this week, even though we played much better, you whinge we're pathetic because we missed Finch. :crazy:

You really are a glass half empty guy aren't you, seriously mate, I have no idea what your problem is but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

Cirque...oh, sorry, carpe as he calls himself now, has some issues with seeing the positive side of things...I honestly believe he'd find a problem with a 56 point win, especially given his baseless dislike of Anderson

big boppa eel

Juniors
There was only one player out there last night dropping the ball. Feleti Mateo. It`s obvious that you and Avenger and Sterling don`t know very much about Rugby League; you just want a team that is a sensation so you can say "My team is winning!", much like a primary school kid would do. So why don`t you leave the posts to people who know a little bit about the game, and toddle off and barrack for... I dont know... the Brazilian soccer team?
Im 41 years of age and have followed this club since I was eight, I have an opinion and expressed it, wether you agree with it or not is of no consequence to me, but do not talk to me like I am a novice , and isnt this the whole point of all this conjecture in regards to building a "WINNING" team hence clearing the joint and so on ? please dont bother me again with your with your holyier than thou attitude.

Last edited: