What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic

DC_fan

Coach
The score should have ended up as 80-0 and probably would have except for the Panthers going to sleep in the 2nd half.

We were never in the game from the opening kick off. The Panthers did everything better and faster then what we did.

I expected them to come out firing tonight, but I expected us to fight fire with fire.

Thats it guys for 2010.

Big Sam

First Grade
I don't think it is exactly over yet.

We are still just 2 points behind Brisbane who also got belted tonight. Their points differential is 16 points worse than ours and their run home is just as tricky, especially without Lockyer.

But we'll need a big attitude shift if we are to pull it off after tonight.

Yeah, I thought Souffs were keeping their powder dry tonight , so now that the Broncos have lost, next week the bunnies will definately "fire up".

It's lucky the Spazzidohs re-signed Wesser for next year, cos that corpse would have got snapped up by any number of park teams.

Tah tah...

BranVan3000

Coach
I don't think it is exactly over yet.

We are still just 2 points behind Brisbane who also got belted tonight. Their points differential is 16 points worse than ours and their run home is just as tricky, especially without Lockyer.

But we'll need a big attitude shift if we are to pull it off after tonight.
It's over, not even the most diehard Souths supporter can think they deserve a finals spot after tonight

age.s

First Grade
It's over, not even the most diehard Souths supporter can think they deserve a finals spot after tonight

Penrith supporters were saying that last week after we got belted by only slightly less than you did. You'll need to show more than that obviously, but it's not over just yet.

IPAlarms

Juniors
It was upsetting to watch. The Souths were completely outclassed from the very first minute. Two wins and who knows what might happen?

Bumble

First Grade
It's not OVER.

Thanks to all the match-ups between teams that are in the same area of the table as us (Canberra v Brisbane, Warriors v Manly, Brisbane v Warriors, Us v Eels) two wins would, in all likelihood, see us finish 8th. That's assuming the Knights don't beat Illawarra, and then win in Melbourne in the final round.

Dave Q

Coach
Went to the game.

We were shocked and awed!

Dissapointing except we had a second string side out there and some dodgy refereeing, but we were smashed anyways, so thats no excuse.

When they took the penalty goal at about 48 nil, I asked the panther side in a big loud voice whether they were afraid of losing? Maybe they were giving us a break, showing some mercy!

Got abused after the game with a three year old in tow, the guy next to the dickhead then had a big go at him, so I didnt have to bother.

The Panthers were very impressive. Grand final impressive.

We cant go anywhere, prayer is the only way through to the finals for us!

Met SSTID after the match, devastated, could hardly talk.

jackb

Juniors
Like I said before the game Dave, I am sick and tired of getting smashed at CUA. I went out to Penrith with me 2 daughters and the eldest girls boyfriend and watched our guys get dominated from the opening seconds of the game. Nothing could be done but we stayed until the final siren even though my youngest girl copped some abuse from some nasty panther fans. I doubt that I will ever go back there again - we were verbally abused last year as well.

BranVan3000

Coach
It's not OVER.

Thanks to all the match-ups between teams that are in the same area of the table as us (Canberra v Brisbane, Warriors v Manly, Brisbane v Warriors, Us v Eels) two wins would, in all likelihood, see us finish 8th. That's assuming the Knights don't beat Illawarra, and then win in Melbourne in the final round.

We coughed up our points differential advantage. Even if we won the last two, its even less likely we'd get in

Congratulations to big Gordie on his contribution as defensive coordinator last night. I hope he has plenty of time to give back to the loyal fans post match

What a tosser - Souths need to tap him on the shoulder and give him "dont come monday"

cheers SFTG

Sugar

Bench
Congratulations to big Gordie on his contribution as defensive coordinator last night. I hope he has plenty of time to give back to the loyal fans post match

What a tosser - Souths need to tap him on the shoulder and give him "dont come monday"

cheers SFTG

Quite a few need a tap on the shoulder
I wouldn't start with Gordie he only spends a few hours a week with the team.

Start with the so called captain and work from there

Relying on other results/Mathamatically a chance = Gorne for 2010
Now that we are gorne we will either jag the next 2 games or get pumped by 40 each week
And with no new signings next year we have to pray for no injuries or we put up with the crap dished up this year

BranVan3000

Coach
Quite a few need a tap on the shoulder
I wouldn't start with Gordie he only spends a few hours a week with the team.

Start with the so called captain and work from there

Relying on other results/Mathamatically a chance = Gorne for 2010
Now that we are gorne we will either jag the next 2 games or get pumped by 40 each week
And with no new signings next year we have to pray for no injuries or we put up with the crap dished up this year
That's not true at all, there's a good team in there, its a matter of bringing it out. We don't need new signings for that, it's probably better if we get another year without too much disruption

I like Lang, I think he's doing a lot of good, but sometimes I wonder about his attitude. He only seemed slightly dismayed last night about our thrashing and I wonder if his lax attitude is coming off on the players. He doesn't seem to have a real hunger to win games. On the flip side he doesn't have the attitude of a loser either, which is a good thing, but it sort of drops us in the middle and maybe that's why we aren't consistently winning (or consistently losing for that matter)

This is just based on his personality though, I could be totally wrong

Sugar

Bench
That's not true at all, there's a good team in there, its a matter of bringing it out. We don't need new signings for that, it's probably better if we get another year without too much disruption

I like Lang, I think he's doing a lot of good, but sometimes I wonder about his attitude. He only seemed slightly dismayed last night about our thrashing and I wonder if his lax attitude is coming off on the players. He doesn't seem to have a real hunger to win games. On the flip side he doesn't have the attitude of a loser either, which is a good thing, but it sort of drops us in the middle and maybe that's why we aren't consistently winning (or consistently losing for that matter)

This is just based on his personality though, I could be totally wrong

A good team is in there somewhere
Problem is as a squad there is no passion, commitment, trust,love ,desire.
They need to understand they represent us, only if they had the passion of the fans.

A loss hurts but I can assure you we remember the loss for a lot longer, we are the ones who cop the loss when we go to work,school,the dole office with endless banter - The players put it behind them and concerntrate on next week

BranVan3000

Coach
It's a problem when you don't know what you're going to see when your team plays. I actually don't know what Souths style is at all anymore

Early in the season we were doing everything right, our only problem was our kicking game. Now everything seems to be a problem and it's back to the pre-Lang miracle plays to get us into games

BranVan3000

Coach
Taylor should be back and Ben Ross will hopefully be debuting next week. Sure Sutto and Lowe are still out but we have been in far worse spots with injuries and won games. No excuses from here

hindyrabbit

Juniors
i would start looking at next year now. only play the players who aren't carrying injuries it is disappointing to know how well they can play but that was the worst half of football all year. i didn't rate the panthers before fridaynight having scored all there tries from kicks but they proved me wrong so good luck to them. all we need to do is realise you do have to turn up every week in this comp something us and so many teams don't do. look forward to next season with some youth injected out wide either farrell or vai vai

Latest posts