What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patten out for 6 to 8

axie

Juniors
Patten has a severe ankle sprain and an associated fracture and will be on the sidelines for 6 to 8 weeks if rehab goes well. Looks like Trent Cutler will get a chance in first grade.

ibeme

First Grade
Bloody hell! I guess his time had to come sooner or later. He's had a pretty good run with injuries, particularly considering his size.

Dog-E

Juniors
One step forward....and 2 steps back yet again!!

Mind u - Cutler is a demon of an attacking fullback - he won;t let anyone down!! :)

NZ Warrior

First Grade
A real shame that, Patten's become a bit of a rock in the Bulldogs line up. Probably 1 of the first names Folkes pens into his starting side each week. Hope he makes a swift recovery.

richies

Juniors
bugger thats one position i really think we will stuggle
trent cutler is to small for 1st grade but a good supporter of the footy
hope folkes puts hazem fullback and brings up jamie frizzo in the centres while phelpes is out for 2-3 weeks

Dog-E

Juniors
richies said:
bugger thats one position i really think we will stuggle
trent cutler is to small for 1st grade but a good supporter of the footy
hope folkes puts hazem fullback and brings up jamie frizzo in the centres while phelpes is out for 2-3 weeks

Don't think so - Frizzo has been playing 2nd row in Flegg for th past few weesk - that'd be QUITE a jump!! :eek:

Phillips

Referee
1. Trent Cutler [-o<

I remember watching him on TV playing for some schoolboys side a few yrs ago and his name has stuck with me ever since, as he had a great game.

***MH***

Bench
Phillips said:
1. Trent Cutler [-o<

I remember watching him on TV playing for some schoolboys side a few yrs ago and his name has stuck with me ever since, as he had a great game.
Given free reigns.... cutler has the ability to carve up the field in the likes of anothony minichellelo and billy slater. though folkes will probably enforce cutler to play condom sets for most of his runs. (safety first football!)

Dogaholic

First Grade
Patten out for four weeks
July 12, 2005 - 4:18PM

The Bulldogs' terrible year with injury has continued with fullback Luke Patten ruled out for a minimum of four weeks with torn ankle ligaments.

Patten injured his ankle in the Dogs' win over the New Zealand Warriors last weekend.

Bulldogs doctor Hugh Hazard told the club today that MRI scans revealed bone bruising and torn ligaments around Patten's ankle.

annav

Juniors
Cutler gets his opportunity. good luck to him. What is it with ankle injuries this year?

richies

Juniors
i know frizzo been playing second row for flegg since his injury

but b4 that was playing ok in premier league and his bloody quick

give him a go and he will be better for it next year
cutler good in pl but first grade mmm just his defence

Dog-E

Juniors
Cutler's defence is classic, copybook round the bootlaces stuff!...He also scrambles fantastically well - which, of course - suits our defensive style to a T!

He's never gonna BELT blokes....but that's not his job!

U can't tell me that Luke Patten is a particularly good defender, either!??!?! lol But he does what he can, and also scrambles well...And to those that think Cutler is 'too small' - well, I'm here to tells ya - I dunno if you've noticed, but - there ain't much meat to Luke patten either!! :eek:

And Cutler is no worse than him!