What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterson told to look at other clubs

beave

Coach
I don't agree with my club signing him, but I must say through all the media reports and so forth, he has come across as a pretty genuine lad. It would be very easy for him to spit the dummy and have a shot at the knights but he has been nothing but respectful and a few players from over the years should probably take a leaf out of his books and act with a bit more professionalism when faced with a similar situation.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I don't agree with my club signing him, but I must say through all the media reports and so forth, he has come across as a pretty genuine lad. It would be very easy for him to spit the dummy and have a shot at the knights but he has been nothing but respectful and a few players from over the years should probably take a leaf out of his books and act with a bit more professionalism when faced with a similar situation.

Good sentiments Beave. We haven't got what we hoped out of him but he has moved on gracefully and I hope he does well (but not too well) for you guys.

Nuffy

Bench
Its a sweet deal for the Cowboys, based on the Herald article today, we are picking up the balance of the year and about 1/3 of the 2012 contract.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Saw this on facebook and thought it was great

Donny Paterson
Gday team,
Yep Cory is a cowboy now! he as all of us "Pato's", will, and always will is have Newcastle in a place near n dear to our hearts, obviously im sad he has gone but at the end of the day thats footy.
I know its very cliche these days sayin its business!! but theres business and business and well from my point of view the knights did all they could to assist Cory once he was found to be quote " surplus to requirements" unquote, I saw a side of professional sport ,not many do, and thats the work done behind closed doors to secure not an athlete not a number but a human being a positive outlook in his chosen career,and ensure a positive and bright transition.
I want to personally and publically thank Mr Warren Smiles for his input into Corys career to date, mate thank you, all of my dealings with you, have been of the highest calibre and this I sincerely appreciate.
Some employers could have a good look at the knights in this area!?
Anyhoo just wanna thank all his fans out there for your support and encouragement, you showed my son, whilst he was with the knights,espescially in the not so good times, when he was battling his demons and injuries.
Im sure youll see Cory back at Ausgrid but in a cowboys kit lol. Anyhoo team thanks again.Peace love n harmony Donny Paterson

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_2285708771&ap=1

Serc

First Grade
Great to hear! Most of my contact with the club is via Smiles also, and I too have only positive feedback to give :)

Its good that we haven't seen Pato playing for the Cowboys just yet, as I have Tariq Sims in my fantasy team and I want another week or two of him scoring well! He'll probably have an awesome game in round 18 when they come down to Newcastle...should be well and truly 100% fit then you'd think.

Last edited:

cram

Bench
Warren Smiles was my footy coach when I was about 14yrs old, he was playing first grade for South Newcastle at that time...he is a nice bloke and even after all these years still remembers me....lol

Big Tim

First Grade
That is great news from Donny.

The decision to move him on was business, but it seems someone at the club did all they could to make sure Pato was not left out in the cold.

This should get out in the media me thinks..... :)

aqua_duck

Coach
I kind of don't understand the cowboys signing him, they've got Cooper, Hall, Sims, Ah Mau, and Bolton competing for a berth in the back row.

Didgi

Anyone know if he has a connection to North Queensland? It does seem a strange one, I think all will agree he hasnt reached his potential yet but I'm sure he'd have a couple of clubs after him depending on the contract amount.

Alex28

Coach
That is great news from Donny.

The decision to move him on was business, but it seems someone at the club did all they could to make sure Pato was not left out in the cold.

This should get out in the media me thinks..... :)

This would have been better than this:

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...erson-on-drug-possession-charges/2195184.aspx

Father of former Knight Cory Paterson on drug possession charges

BY DAN PROUDMAN
15 Jun, 2011 12:00 AM
The father of former Newcastle Knight Cory Paterson has been charged with possessing drugs.
Donald Thomas Paterson, 44, will face Newcastle Local Court in August on two counts of possessing a prohibited drug after police allegedly seized three grams of cannabis and 0.38 grams of amphetamine on June 7.
The Newcastle Herald has learnt that Mr Paterson senior was pulled over on his motor scooter at Tighes Hill.
Several resealable bags containing the drugs were allegedly found after officers searched the Charlestown man.
Donald Paterson has written several books, including one of his travels to Sri Lanka to assist with the clean-up efforts following the 2004 tsunami.
Cory Paterson left for North Queensland on June 8 to take up his new contract with the North Queensland Cowboys after the Newcastle Knights gave him permission to seek a longer-term deal elsewhere.
Incoming coach Wayne Bennett considered him surplus to requirements for next year. Donald Paterson will face court on August 2.

ClintDogg

Juniors
Patterson's now a Muslim. LMAO in Anthony Mundines corner now. What next, going 2 NFL, Depression, now Muslim, he cries 4 attention. Glad he left Newy.

Latest posts