What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patty Richards

jirskyr

Juniors
Big hand for Pat Richards yesterday. The whole team went great guns of course, and there were many mentioned stand-outs.

Someone who I don't reckon got much of a wrap was Patty Richards. This bloke came into the side as we had our terrible form slump, and his game wasn't quite on.

But the last week or two he's shown just how effective he can be. Excellent defence, great ball leaping and a beautiful fend. Great to have someone that strong and fast to contest bombs, run kicks back and back up out wide.

Bench
Exactly he is going great guns,but he is young and coming back from a bad injury so he is only going to get better. :D

simon says

First Grade
That was his best game on the weekend.The Samoan sidestep is coming on nicely and he is really starting to find his feet.

Our new buys are all starting to fire......

HOT028

Juniors
richards is young, i thought he was a lot older, he could turn out to be a gun for the tigers.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Pat's like Scott Prince, he isnt gonna hit his a form for a while yet. They say it takes you about 12-18 Months to fully get over and for Scotty its been probably close to that time since he returned from his leg problems and look at his form, he'll get better too.

So impredicting Pat to have a great off season and really look the goods next season, dammit he's going well enough now as it is.good times ahead for Pat and Scott.

Stellar

Juniors
simon says said:
The Samoan sidestep is coming on nicely

:lol: its a luxary to have a winger like that as weve never had that type of runner out wide having that strength means he can grab a few trys by barging defenders out of the way always a good thing when a winger has no space to work in. Great to see him starting to fire after hes untimely injury up for a big season next year :)

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Wrighty79 said:
And he's a good cricketer too. Sincas, we should try and get him to have a run this summer!

He was a VERY VERY VERY quick bowler for first grade and holds a record for most wickets for his club in AW Green Shield.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Yeah, my mate used to play with him. Said he was like lightning. But back to footy... It was great to actually see us put up some bombs for richo and Moods on sunday. This tactic is employed by EVERY team in the comp, nearly every 3rd set on attack, in the opposition 40.

Yet, we hardly ever use it. I think Moodies first try came from a bomb from Princey that targeted Christensen whilst he was looking into the sun. Super Vision that, and something we should try and do more of. We have these wingers that are safe as houses under the high ball, we should do it more regularaly, (especially kicking to Richards' wing when he's opposing Utai in the semis ;-) )

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Couldn't agree more Wrighty - its something I think we should use a hell of alot more because we do have 2 great wingers in the air something which most clubs don't have!!!!

Wrighty79

Juniors
Why is it, in your opinion, that we don't do it? Is it because it's predictable??? Low percentage play??? Sheensie has faith in our creativity/flair to not rely on such a play?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Wrighty79 said:
Why is it, in your opinion, that we don't do it? Is it because it's predictable??? Low percentage play??? Sheensie has faith in our creativity/flair to not rely on such a play?

I think Sheens really dosn't say alot in regards to what Prince does on the last game as he likes Prince to run the show I think its more what Prince sees that decides on where the ball goes.

Against the Broncos it would be great to see bombs away all game to the wingers however against Hunt I would prefer to try and turn him around with the ball rolling along the ground.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Yeah, Princey's going to have to be on song with his kicking game against the Broncs. maybe find the line with every kick. Neutralise Hunt's running game as much as possible.

HOT028

Juniors
great call wrighty, i remember a few years back parramatta doing the same thing and annoying the sh!t out of the broncos, the broncos couldn't get a roll on i think this would work against the roosters aswell

Wrighty79

Juniors
children become adults when they stop asking their parents for an allowance!!!!!!!

Hey hottie, where's my $20?

tiger_nick

Bench
Richards didnt look confident when he 1st came back. Against the Dragons and the Roosters he looked very tentative, however the last couple of weeks he has been back to his destrcutive best. Gives us a real option on the wing. Rep footy is not of this blokes reach. There really the few wingers that dominate the comp like we had in previos years (Sailor, Tuquri, MacDougall and Rogers) and if fully fit I definetly rate him above Luke Rooney who was probably the stand out flank in the SOO

Latest posts