What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Deacon

Bicey_18

Bench
Hey guys i just wanna know when Deacon is off contract with the bulls and if he has plans 2 maybe come play in the nrl. I think he would love it here, with the high class of competition and the chance 2 play with the best in the world. I think the knights should snap him up after joey exits, great buy i think, if u could let me know of his contract situation that would be great, thanx

Stevo_G

Juniors
donno when he is off contract

i doubt he would cope he did not look that great in the ashes series it was his kicking skills which kept him in there

he would have to play behind a good back like bradford to suceed in nrl

pommie_raider

Juniors
Bicey_18 said:
Hey guys i just wanna know when Deacon is off contract with the bulls and if he has plans 2 maybe come play in the nrl. I think he would love it here, with the high class of competition and the chance 2 play with the best in the world. I think the knights should snap him up after joey exits, great buy i think, if u could let me know of his contract situation that would be great, thanx

If im correct, I believe' Deacon will be off contract at the end of the season 2004, Bradford Bulls will deffinatley be out to obtain the signature of the player on a contract before any club can come in to snap the player up! as he's a world class player....

terracesider

Juniors
Matt M said:
I'd love to see him in the NRL (especially with Manly), he's a fantastic player.

Somebody should tell David Waite that. One of the most memorable images from the Ashes series was Deacon sitting on the bench looking totally pissed off.. :twisted:

isaac

Juniors
As a Bradford fan I have to suffer Deacon when he is anonymous. This is usually for about 30 mins each game. His kicking is very good, but he is not a great creative player. I would prefer to see Lee Briers at the buLLS. If he goes to the NRL he would be exposed as not being good enough. Jones, Johns, Kimmorley, Finch are all better. as are Lam, Long, Burrow and Briers in the Uk.

pommie_raider

Juniors
isaac what match do you watch what proves long is better than deacon?! are you out of your mind?
as for briers?!?! well he was named in the great britain squad a couple seasons back, and we haven't seen him since, shorley that means something!!
and yes we allmiss henry, but deacons just as good!

Matt M

Juniors
From what I've seen he seems to be one of the worlds best halfbacks. His directional play is very good and has a great kicking game, he reminds me a bit of Brent Sherwin (he even looks a bit like him too).

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Paul Deacon is a fraud!

He is not even close to being an international quality half back!

His abilities stretch to the level where he is able to pass the ball correctly to the man running onto the ball, and kicking. That is it! He cannot beat the defensive line on his own.

Behind New Zealand's dominant pack he looks special but I could do the majority of the work he gets through in an average game. Behind a beaten pack he is anonymous, as admitted by the Bradford fan above.

GB should forget about Deacon, Briers (Wasted talent which could have won us the ashes) AND Long and look to the Burrow/Thorman/McGuire's.

isaac

Juniors
I have only missed 2 bradford matches (home and away) in the last 3 seasons and I see deacon as a great kicker but not a great halfback. He cannot pass off his right side and never goes through a gap. He is nowhere near NRL standard.

pommie_raider

Juniors
isaac, in way's a agree with you, who do you go to away matches with?
do you go by yourself, with the message board lot or with the Bulls supporters coaches? :D im an all 3rrrr!! and where do u stand/sit at odsal?

Bullseye

Juniors
Deacon is incredibly important to the Bulls. When he was absent last season we really struggled.

Up until last season I too had my doubts over is creative play with the ball in his hands but this has improved a lot in 2003. His kicking game is better than any other player in SL anyway.

If you reckon he can't go through a gap I suggest you watch this seasons video. He does just that a dozen times. Also remember the Grand Final in 2002 where he was man of the match. He managead that by setting up two tries by beating players.

pommie_raider

Juniors
bullseye i think your speech was amazing, and well done!
If i remember correctly, whn Deacon was out injured is that where we had our losing strike v Hull, London, Wigan and St Helens all at home?

deluded pom?

Coach
pommie_raider said:
bullseye i think your speech was amazing, and well done!
If i remember correctly, whn Deacon was out injured is that where we had our losing strike v Hull, London, Wigan and St Helens all at home?

Hull never beat you at all last season let alone at Odsal !

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
What a load of codswallop. Mr Deacon is a kicking machine and nothing else, simple as.

Any Super League player who can kick could step into his shoes with consumate ease. The fact that Bradford's enormous players have the opposition falling backwards over themselves most of the time helps Deacon to look good at times.

Behind that pack there is so much room Stuart Evans could waltz through the gaps. Bradford are 100% reliant on power and pace, not guile in any form.

The Observer

Staff member
Fairleigh Good, Deacon is the Brett Kimmorley of the Super League. His kicking game in general play is long and accurate and second to none, he can kick high and accurately, across field, short and grubber kick with pin point precision. He can direct and organise attacking play, distribute very well by passing long and accurately and get his forwards moving. hre can also tackle well which was demonstrated in 2003 Ashes Test 2 when he dumped giant Kangaroo forward Willie Mason onto his back in a classic one on one tackle.

These are the primary responsibilities of a scrum half and he can do them. He needs a running stand off to partner him to run to the line and break it and set up his outside men - someone like Sean Long or McGuire.

Burrow will be a fantastic player but he is too small ATM. He'll start off as an impact player from the bench at international level.

deluded pom?

Coach
Joker said:
Burrow will be a fantastic player but he is too small ATM. He'll start off as an impact player from the bench at international level.

Well he isn`t going to grow much more .What you see is what you get .

Latest posts