What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallen Resigns With Sharks

Dutchy

Immortal
Gallens been infected with Sharkpox anyway..

the kid must have some screws loose....stayin at a sh*tty team down south when he could be at a decent club with a good footy team on the northern beaches..

see a doc Gal

Leek UK

Juniors
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
We'll be lucky to get anyone I'm afraid. Looks highly unlikely we'll snare LOD, as our CEO said he's probably 'out of our price range' and with Beaver contemplating retirement at the end of the season, I'm afraid we're up sh*t creek without a paddle.
chris mckenna or bryan fletcher ?

Dutchy

Immortal
Leek UK said:
chris mckenna or bryan fletcher ?

no and no

G.Stewart, J.Wells, J.Afamasaga

we got enoughback up until we get sum1...

still havent started 07 yet...who cares now

Frailty

First Grade
Hey mate I'm from Parra, so unlike yourself I have no local bias....

.... and football in totally seperate from beach to me.... thats why:

Gold Coast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cronulla>Bronte>Manly

fatshark

Bench
I would like to know where all this money is coming from. Besides assets, the funds are pretty scarce.Lg threw in a new tv for the club for this years sponsorship.
I just hope R Stuart understands there is really only enough funds to blow on 17 players and not 50 like the other club he was at.

spider

Coach
scottyj said:
Gallens been infected with Sharkpox anyway..

the kid must have some screws loose....stayin at a sh*tty team down south when he could be at a decent club with a good footy team on the northern beaches..

see a doc Gal

lol

not only that - he stayed for less money.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
I'd be lying if i said i didn't want him at Manly.
But he does drop the ball a lot and is definetly no Beaver/Kennedy.

Inferno

Coach
scottyj said:
im in Newcastle...no bias there either bud

Newcastle aye, I thought you played Flegg for Manly?

That's dedication, making the trip down every week.

Good to hear Gallen staying, and even better to hear that keeping him didn't break the bank.

Dutchy

Immortal
Inferno said:
Newcastle aye, I thought you played Flegg for Manly?

That's dedication, making the trip down every week.

Good to hear Gallen staying, and even better to hear that keeping him didn't break the bank.

3 surgeries in 8 months seems to make the club unhappy :p

Decided to miss this year and resume playing in newcastle comp in 2008

Hopefully they have another look at me

plus my Uni is up here which is more important than match payments to me

Inferno

Coach
RainMan said:
I think you will find most Manly fans relieved. I know I didn't want Gallen at Manly.

lol, right sounds like sour grapes.

While not the greatest back rower going around, value for money he was the best backrower off contract this year.

willvillain

Juniors
Inferno said:
lol, right sounds like sour grapes.

While not the greatest back rower going around, value for money he was the best backrower off contract this year.

If the reported 1.4 million buck contract (ie 350k a year) for Gallen was true, then I don't think he would've been value for money.

At 275k (what you're paying to keep him) he is definately good value.

Manly already has a Gallen in Watmough. On top of that we generally have a pretty small bench (having to carry the utility in Burns/Dunley as well as Willow) so we simply could not afford to have another small forward.

I don't think it would've been a good signing, and I think he fits in at Cronulla much better. Everybody wins. Well, everybody wins as long as Manly sign O'Donnell.

Latest posts