What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Gallen Resigns With Sharks

:) http://rleague.com/db/article.php?id=27503
Paul
GALLEN RE-SIGNS WITH SHARKS
Wednesday 7 Mar 2007 18:28
by Matthew O'Neill

624_img.jpg
var rm_host = "http://ad.adsalliance.com";var rm_section_id = 182693;rmShowAd("300x250");The Sharks have been boosted with sensational news on the eve of the Telstra Premiership season with NSW back-rower Paul Gallen remaining at the Shire based club for another three seasons.

Gallen had been linked to Manly for the 2008 season as a long-term replacement for Ben Kennedy and there were further rumours that he would walk out of the Cronulla club.

Last year Gallen played in the third State of Origin match for NSW after a great mid-season patch of form where he replaced Bulldogs captain Andrew Ryan. The fact that Australian Test coach Ricky Stuart is also the Sharks coach would have tempted Gallen to remain at Cronulla as he pushes to add an Australian jumper alongside his Blues jersey.

Gallen's re-signing comes at a great time as they prepare quietly for the season ahead and on top of the losses of Darren Albert and Richard Villasanti who departed the Sharks during the off-season.

Quotes will be made available when the Sharks issue their Press Release and attached to this article.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There goes manly's plans. Now look for them to somehow come up with 700K for SBW!

We'll be lucky to get anyone I'm afraid. Looks highly unlikely we'll snare LOD, as our CEO said he's probably 'out of our price range' and with Beaver contemplating retirement at the end of the season, I'm afraid we're up sh*t creek without a paddle.

wittyfan

Referee
"Out of our price range"? Some of you have said that Manly have heaps of room under the salary cap. :?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
We'll be lucky to get anyone I'm afraid. Looks highly unlikely we'll snare LOD, as our CEO said he's probably 'out of our price range' and with Beaver contemplating retirement at the end of the season, I'm afraid we're up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Don't stress...at least most people get to still dislike Manly! I actually think you have the players, Brett Stewarts brother looks ok and could be a handy replacement similar to David Stagg at Brisbane. You have the halves at least and halves win premierships!

nqboy

First Grade
The money they threw at Gallen + the money from Beaver's retirement = LOD or SBW. LOD I could believe, he just feels like a good fit for Manly. SBW? Definitely not IMO, not high profile enough for him I think.

Unless of course, the first sum = the second sum.