What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

paul gallen

Tunguska

Juniors
Gallen, Gidley and Fitzy were NSW's best.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can't is a pawn of Gus Gould.

Parraren

Bench
lol all the sharkies fans come out in defense of their precious grub.

The guy is a loose canon and needs to pull his head in. I like his aggression and he is a good strong forward but he's no good to anyone giving away the penalties he does and especially when we're in an attacking position.

Sleep

Juniors
You can't deny the penalty he gave away for grabbing Thurston on the way through after his kick was flat out stupid. We had the ball well covered, Gallen just saw a good opportunity to prove his grub title.

Then he followed it up by getting into the man on the ground when he wasn't even involved in the tackle late in the game to give away a penalty.

I love how he's always so suprised too. He played a good game and got some good offloads but for everything he does right he does something wrong. Garbage.

gregstar

Referee
he went for the stupid impossible offload at a crucial moment in the closing stages which wasn't on.

add that to his great efforts.

League_God

Juniors
Gallen, Gidley and Fitzy were NSW's best.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can't is a pawn of Gus Gould.

mate call me a biased knights supporter, but i agree 100% with that but gotta add bedys there, he completely outplayed cameron smith.

but yeah anyone who bags on gallen is f**king stupid.

next year id love to see bird and gallen playing alongside each other in the backrow.

S.R.

Juniors
Yep. All Gallen's fault.

I blame him for NSW scoring 1 try in 2 games of footy too.

Wake up idiots.

League_God

Juniors
lol all the sharkies fans come out in defense of their precious grub.

The guy is a loose canon and needs to pull his head in. I like his aggression and he is a good strong forward but he's no good to anyone giving away the penalties he does and especially when we're in an attacking position.

gallen was nsw best forward....and im a knights fan.

bonestorm

Juniors
Probably my least favourite player in the game at the moment, due to the crap he goes one with. Glad he was in the NSW team tonight though.

League_God

Juniors
Thurston took a dive. He barely touched him ffs
exactly right!
i have no doubt in my mind that if nsw could have made these crucial changes we would have won that is gaz and bird werent injured, kurt would have played 80 minutes at fullback, bird and gallen picked in the starting backrow. jarred mullen or possibly todd carney in for zoolander.

gregstar

Referee
fair dinkum - you wouldn't even know that white played any games this series.

greatest free ride ever!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Gallen cost NSW the series plain and simple

if Gallen wasn't there giving away dumb penalty after dumb penalty NSW win game III

Brett Finch was right Bob Fulton picked a crap team

nqboy

First Grade
:lol::lol::lol:
Thanks greg, saved me having to create this thread.

Where's Bob Fulton? Is he still gonna criticise the referee. :roll:
Does he still think Greg Bird is the new Wally Lewis? Are they going to award the Greg Bird medal in the future?

Agree with the whole post but with a rider that when he wasn't doing stupid sh*t and really helping us out, he provided some quality off-loads. I've always conceded his ability while deploring his qua (sp? - that sh*t from Jerry Maguire). It was so pleasing to see him fail, and then blame anyone else but himself, when it was really important. Champions acknowledge their shortcomings, accept responsibility for their errors and try to atone for them, a lesson he is yet to learn.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All the good things Gallen did tonight we're wiped out by sheer stupidity, and then he looks at the ref and says "who me?"

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
He was clearly nsws man of the match and anyone who thinks otherwise is an utter imbecile

nrl.com has him down for 62 tackles, 20 hit ups for 210m.. nsws highest btw

How many penalties did he give away? Or does that stat not rate a mention?

Fool.

S.R.

Juniors
Gallen does some dumb stuff, but he is not to blame for the loss. He cost NSW 2 points. That is all. He didn't drop the pill in the lead up to a Qld try. He didn't miss the tackle that led to a Qld try. So how you can blame him for it is beyond comprehension.

Try looking at the bloke that missed Thurston. Or the NSW guy that kicked the ball repeatedly to the giants standing out wide for Qld. Or the NSW guy that threw inside pass after inside pass. Lack or creativity cost the Blues tonight. They had the field position to score 5 tries, and came up with 1. That says it all.