What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Green

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Have to agree, Green is shite. Time to bring up the young bloke from the seconds.

The only good thing I can think about Paul Green and Adam Dykes is that they don't play for the Wests Tigers.

imported_justme

Juniors
LOL, maybe Smith should give Green a go in the forwards,at least he wouldn't look quite so bad amongst that lot of no hopers
emembarrassed.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I suppose Green has had his five rounds now so I'm willing say that he is past it.
But the problems with Parra stem from whats happening - or not happening - up front.

btw Boofhead, welcome to LWOS. :)

imported_midas

Juniors
Er,moffo,I hate to bring this up but Green has been selected again for Saturday.
Think I might steer clear of Pitt St over Easter.

imported_Brook

Juniors
I was talking to a Parra fan yesterday and he gave me a run down on some of the players that have left the club since the 2000season and that is an endcitment on Brian Smith.

Jason Cayless
Clinton Schifcofske
Chad Robinson
Stuart Kelly
Ian Hindmarsh
Adam Mogg
Casey Maguire
Brad Drew
Michael Hodgson
Andrew Ryan
Wade Mckinnon
Michael Buettner
John Wilson
Troy Wozniak
Scott Donald

I'm pretty sure Ben Galea left in 1999 but you can add him to the list - he signed with Balmain after Smith tried to ship him off to kellyville

L

legend

Parra may be saved by Sherwin. The Eels should have the $$$ to offer Sherwin a good contract and lure him away from the Dogs. For Sherwin, the choice will be between Parra and Wests Tigers.

Sherwin is going to test himself on the open market and will probably command about 350k and if the Bulldogs pay him that much to keep him, they should be expelled again.There is no way they can afford to upgrade contracts, especially by 100k+.

The Dogs will either have to offload about four first graders to keep Sherwin or lose their best half since Turvey.

El Duque

Bench
The Roosters will probably somehow miraculously fit Sherwin under the cap.

It wouldn't surprise me at all despite the fact they don't need him.

imported_Brook

Juniors
For Sherwin, the choice will be between Parra and Wests Tigers.

Much as I would love it to be Wests I doubt that we will be in with a chance - having said that with hills $350 000 contract to expire next year (along with all the last of those offered hugely over-inflated contracts when the jv started) we certainlywould have the money - I dunno how much room parra would have under the cap?

L

legend

Brook, I was led to believe Hill was on 550k per season and I also learnt today that thew club are still paying out the last year of McCrackens contract which means they will have close to 1 million to spend come July 1st.

Sherwin would be my top priority and some good outside backs. The Tigers are about four qulaity players short of becoming a premiership threat.

imported_Brook

Juniors
I'm pretty sure Hills contract was for $350 a season but you could be right - the way the jv was throwing money around at the start it certainly wouldn't suprise me. You are right about Crackers contract though, I'd forgotten about that.

I agree though, what wests need to turn themselves around is a quality halfback, 5/8th (these two should be top priority for the club in recruiting - the best prospects in both wests and balmain are both only 17 and well off first grade) and at least one really good prop - pearson is in great form at the moment but he's 30 this year and unlikely to last much longer (although at least injuries have been kind to him) and we need a real hardman (once again Ireally wish they hadn't let lamb sack villa!!).

I'm not so worried about our outside backs - theres a lot of real quality working its way up the grades atm, a couple i'd say are already ready for first grade (why covell from wests hasn't replaced caine yetI'll never know)and most of the rest aren't far off

I heard a strong rumour that the Tigers were chasing Gower.

But I'm sure they'd take Sherwin over Gower any day so you never know.

I wonder whether he's going to the papers just to negotiate the best price he can out of the bulldogs.

imported_Brook

Juniors
I'd certainly rather Sherwin - Gower isn't a real half imo and god knows we have enough hookers, having said that though i've heard the same rumours.

I'm almost certain that is why sherwin is going to the papers but all the same the dogs are going to find it very hard to find the room under the cap to keep him

lol noodles, heard exactly the same mail about Gower. Believe it or not, twas from the back of a taxi

Green selected again. lol, watch out Pitt St, here comes the Moffster! Ah, its hilarious, if Parra lose to Tigers this weekend than i wouldn't be surprised if eels fans lynch mobbedGreen (as well as Smith)

How can they justify picking the twat?

Moffo

L

legend

Well Parra have signed Darren Treacy and Willie Leyshon for the remainder of the year as things start to get desperate out Parramatta way.

Green is one of the worst players I have ever come across. Man he is bad.

imported_midas

Juniors
Willie Leyshon is an interesting signing.Smith reckoned last week that Parra had to get it,s defence back in order.
I,ll have to check the stats but if my memory serves me correctly ,Leyshon topped the NRL in missed tackles last year.
Now that he,s back home at Quakers Hill,his defence must have miraculously improved.

Latest posts