What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Kent ?

ram raid

Bench
On the very, very rare occasion he says something positive about the Game he does it through gritted teeth, almost as if it genuinely hurts him to do so.

Well the game is full of problems. He has opinions on how fix it. At least he's sincere, and is the most intelligent of the ones who are sincere. Who else's opinion to you admire?

Vee

First Grade
He pushes the News Ltd agenda.

Steve Mascord has the games interests at heart, so when he critics the sport it's without an agenda.

He is the best journo going around.
No argument here. I'd probably take it further and argue that Mascord might be the only RL journalist worth feeding.

Kent writes his stuff with an agenda, and it is usually a News Ltd agenda, as that is what all their journos do. If it doesn't fit in with their corporate narrative, it doesn't get published and they fire the journo. AS the agenda from News seems to be to crap all over the code, I don't respect Paul Kent.

Steve Mascord loves rugby league in all forms. He will travel to watch international games amongst the "minnow" nations, matches which Kent often derides as ridiculous. Mascord will be critical when need arise, but he doesn't do it because his boss tells him to.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kent though is better than Paul Crawley.

Crawley is nothing but a Rothfield echo. How he has a gig is more astoudning than the other 2.

flippikat

Bench
The best RL people in the media today are Steve Mascord, Roy Masters and Andrew Voss (not a journalist but a media figure). These three are head and shoulders above anyone else in terms of having the good of the game at heart and spreading positivity relating to the sport that feeds them.

Mascord has a fantastic, honest enthusiasm about spreading the gospel of Rugby League. He's the only journalist with a truly global outlook, and by all accounts a damn good guy t'boot. A real asset to the game, and it's a shame that a lot of his media colleagues look sideways at him whenever he speaks passionately about how the game's going in some far-flung corner of the world.

Masters is the wise old head. He's seen it all, and probably written about it all. His experience & memory-bank is immense, and probably the closest the league media community has to an "elder statesman" (though he'd never subscribe to that title).

Voss is quirky, entertaining, and full of humour - but not the usual laddish humour you'd expect in Rugby League, something a bit more esoteric.. which rankles the odd traditional fan, but in my view it always makes for interesting viewing - and it's opened the door to other talent like the Professor who have followed in Voss's eccentric footsteps. A big plus for Voss in my book is that like Mascord, he's a fan of expanding the game - not to the same degree as Mascord (no-one can match that zeal), but always keen to head out on assignment to Perth, Adelaide, Wellington etc and not just cover the games in unusual venues, but sound pretty keen on it too.

luv my panfas

Juniors
Him rothfield and crawley wont get a real nrl story from any coach or player ever NO ONE TRUSTS THEM they write what they want to hear

Latest posts