What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Massey?

Fibroman

First Grade
I went through the Police Academy with him in 1987 at Goulburn. I wonder how he went from being a policeman to a football manager? Anyone care to shed some light my way?:crazy:

Fibroman

First Grade
Yes. That would be my guess. He is a big unit. Went close to breaking Paul Sironen's medicine ball press record at the academy.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I went through the Police Academy with him

I cant help but wonder which one you were? The tall strong black guy or the crazy psycho white guy with the high pitch voice or the chick with the big knockers or the gun crazy bike cop.

Police Academy indeed!:D

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I went through the Police Academy with him in 1987 at Goulburn. I wonder how he went from being a policeman to a football manager? Anyone care to shed some light my way?:crazy:

They let you in to the Police Academy?????? FMD

You must be talking about the movie.....Police Academy 9 ??

:)

minge

Bench
Paul and Luke are both coppers AND sons of Ron Massey. (altho Paul would be close to leaving now). Luke played a bit of grade with Scum.........Paul suffered injuries.

Ron was the Cronulla and Parra identity. Ron had CLOSE links with Jack Gibson and these days is consulted by Ricky Stuart, Wayne Bennett amongst others.

Paul worked with the Wayne and the Broncos when they came to Sydney and luck for him Wayne came to Saints. So a full time job became availale. Yes Ron is waht got Paul his job, but he is very affable and i think the jack of all trades role of a football manager would suit him and hed be good at it............good luck to him.

Fibroman

First Grade
Definately says P.E. Massey in the passing out parade book. Also in that class was Henry Gibbs, brother of Ron Gibbs. It's amazing how many people there are sneaking around with the humans that are actually police. Don't worry, I got a medical discharge with head noises a few years ago. I am human again.

The first year I played police footy there were at least 3 or 4 ex first graders in every team. It was a fiarly high standard. The police comp doesn't even exist anymore. 40% of new recruits are chicks, and 50% of the blokes are library nerds.

Potsie

Juniors
Class DPP10 - 2001
Not yet a fully disgruntled/angry senior constable

Im no library head (back me here Major/Cooperman etc), but I agree there are too many of them out there.

A lot of good footly players were cops

Pat Jarvis
Craig Young
Rod Silva (still going)
Mitch Newtown (still going)
just to name a few

Need more of them in the 1st grade ranks to keep these current bunch of thugs in check

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
Class DPP10 - 2001
Not yet a fully disgruntled/angry senior constable

Im no library head (back me here Major/Cooperman etc), but I agree there are too many of them out there.

A lot of good footly players were cops

Pat Jarvis
Craig Young
Rod Silva (still going)
Mitch Newtown (still going)
just to name a few

Need more of them in the 1st grade ranks to keep these current bunch of thugs in check
This list might surprise you:

Mark Bugden
Craig Izzard
Mal Cochrane
Don (the pisser) McKinnon
Mitch Newton
Goeff Bugden
Terry'Dollar' Geary
Steve Martin (Panther hooker/half back)
Wayne Brain (Panther hooker)
Ross Harrington
Mark Speechley
Charlie Saab
Rod Silva
Craig Young
Kevin Humphries
Neville Glover
Bob Broad
Col Vander Voort
Paul Sironen
Sean Garlic

Just to name a few.

Fibroman

First Grade
This list might surprise you:

Mark Bugden
Craig Izzard
Mal Cochrane
Don (the pisser) McKinnon
Mitch Newton
Goeff Bugden
Terry'Dollar' Geary
Steve Martin (Panther hooker/half back)
Wayne Brain (Panther hooker)
Ross Harrington
Mark Speechley
Charlie Saab
Rod Silva
Craig Young
Kevin Humphries
Neville Glover
Bob Broad
Col Vander Voort
Paul Sironen
Sean Garlic

Just to name a few.

Vic Bulgin. Only man to rep at national level in 3 sports. Rl, RU and golf.

Latest posts