Paul McGregor Extension

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Crush, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Crush

Crush First Grade

2 years.
    Imminent.
    Discuss.

2. Eastview

Eastview Juniors

3. Dragons 09

Dragons 09 Juniors

Yeah, just heard it on NRL 360. Wish i wasn't eating at the time. It was a sumptuous steak but i lost my appetite after hearing that.:(

4. Glenn012

Glenn012 Juniors

Lost for words.

This Year? likes this.
  5. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

Another 2 years of mediocre results and scrapping into the top 8, that the board and alot of fans will be satisfied with.

6. RED73V

RED73V Juniors

I can’t F€#¥~#G believe it !!! 6 years of crap & you get rewarded for it UNBELIEVABLE. How the hell has he not going to be moved on. Every other team WOULD NOT tolerate this kind of coaching. Where the hell is a OUR BENCHMARK???

7. Willow

Willow Administrator

And all it took was a big win at home.

I still can't understand why we keep renewing coaching contracts during the season. It's not like he is in hot demand.

8. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

We better snap him up before Melbourne sacks Bellamy to poach him.

Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  9. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

I've just asked my lawyer, Jackie what he thinks of McGregors proposed extension ...........

[​IMG]

10. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

"Paul McGregor is in line to become St George Illawarra’s longest serving coach", with only 1 finals win.
    Lets break down this average coaches record.
    51% win record.
    Apart from the finals win against Broncos the last time we beat a side in the top 8 was round 9 2016. Since then we have played 22 games 11 wins 11 losses.
    In Mary first full year as coach our record after 22 games was 11 wins 11 losses.
    So for 18 months he has the side he wanted, better players, more experience and the same results.

11. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

I jost canna believe it ! Only at the joint venture could they reach a decision like this and as Willow has said , at this early - early stage of the new season . The gentlemen ( for lack of a better word ) of the board should themselves be held accountable should the Dragons not make the semis and also go at least one step further than they did last year.

If they do not get into the final 8 then the entire board should say farewell and retire to noddy land , where they will not be called upon to use any more of their precious grey matter . In other words fall on their swords and leave the running of the Dragons to far more qualified group of savy minded and progressive group of businessmen who demand success.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  12. hewi

hewi Juniors

The board are penis craniums, if they think we will win a premiership with him they are seriously deluded, further if this extension doesn’t have a performance clause to say you must finish in the top 4 this year for this to be effective the club is beyond help. As stated above what’s the hurry, who else wants him?

13. J.moz

J.moz Juniors

No change with new owners wincorp club has no future plan. Same old direction with mary cheaper option i say.They are happy to just make top 8 every 2 years.

14. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

They would not give Bennett more than 3 years and he won us a premiership , but they are happy to give this guy 10 years ........Wankers ........

15. Dragon for life

Dragon for life Juniors

Is fhere not something we can do??

WTF has to happen to get the people in charge to open their f ing eyes and realise that this muppet can’t coach! It’s totally embarrassing. What must other teams and supporters be thinking about these decisions. Pissing themselves laughing.

This Year? and blacksafake like this.
  16. Saints Forever

Saints Forever Bench

Look on the bright side.

If we appoint 2 new assistants every year for the next 7 years, we will have as many coaches as players on game day so our coaching staff can coach each player on a one on one basis.

17. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

Totally unprofessional decision once again from the board. Like others I can’t see the rush in signing him unless the board wants to do it before the wheels fall off. Looks like I won’t be a member for another 2 years. So our coaching staff will be L plate & Barrett :weary::weary::weary:

18. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Goes to show that the boys Club is stronger than ever ,and Mary has a life membership .Doust got out knowing nothing would change, so he didnt have to be accountable again......

This Year?, blacksafake and Gareth67 like this.
  19. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Notice they always wait till we have a good win , to make a move ...... wont win anything with this lot ......

This Year?, blacksafake and 18to87 like this.
  20. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

Your a hard but fair man, Hazz.