What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul McGregor Extension

J.moz

Juniors
What has he done as head coach to deserve a extension 2 years . Will be the longest dragons coach since 1999. Wait for it Barrett next to be signed to assist mary young hornby and thats not all next will be Brown after he gets booted from knights. We will have the old boys club back again with 1 head coach and 4 assistance make that 5 assistance with matt head also .

dino1

Juniors
What has he done as head coach to deserve a extension 2 years . Will be the longest dragons coach since 1999. Wait for it Barrett next to be signed to assist mary young hornby and thats not all next will be Brown after he gets booted from knights. We will have the old boys club back again with 1 head coach and 4 assistance make that 5 assistance with matt head also .
what fu#### drugs are you on??????

Dragon for life

Juniors
It is a timely boost ahead of Saturday’s clash with Manly and the good news story Red V fans have been craving

Timely boost, WTF. What sort of boost does this present? The players will be thinking... 2 more years of this!! The window will be closed before any of these morons realise.

And “Good news story we have been craving”, I need to know who the f**k has been craving this decision? Who are they? Not even his family have been craving this decision. Their sitting at home saying, “ those poor fans and players”.
I think i’ll be craving the vomit I left beside the bed when I read this story.

Time to look at supporting the Broncos I think. They’ll be ready in a couple of years, while our muppet will be deciding if he should bring Lomax on with 5 mins to go or 7 mins!!!

F**king disgusted.

2 years.
Imminent.
Discuss.
A pre ordained decision that is designed to support the original negligence of McGregor's appointment as head coach of this once mighty club.
Frank Facer will be turning in his grave right now....
A Board determined to prove everyone wrong. Self righteous to the bitter end.
Clever manipulation of the media to help paint this as a well deserved reward for our "career coach".
In truth It's akin to a Cessna Pilot flying a Jumbo.
New owners who had an armchair ride to power (better deals were available), have brought nothing to the table.
Johnston has now proved he is nothing but a puppet.
Even when McGregor finally racks off, we have Dean Young waiting in the wings.
No coaching pedigree, no real experience.

The biggest disgrace is the total disregard for the fans.
The poor bastards that shell out their hard earned cash every season.
McGregor has prevailed on the back of one finals win against the Broncos and a flogging of a second rate Canterbury side on Sunday.
Timing was perfect to make this announcement. Yet another early season extension.
It just never ends...
I will always support St. George but never this Board and this coaching set up.
What a waste...

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Poor ol Willy Talau

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
A pre ordained decision that is designed to support the original negligence of McGregor's appointment as head coach of this once mighty club.
Frank Facer will be turning in his grave right now....
A Board determined to prove everyone wrong. Self righteous to the bitter end.
Clever manipulation of the media to help paint this as a well deserved reward for our "career coach".
In truth It's akin to a Cessna Pilot flying a Jumbo.
New owners who had an armchair ride to power (better deals were available), have brought nothing to the table.
Johnston has now proved he is nothing but a puppet.
Even when McGregor finally racks off, we have Dean Young waiting in the wings.
No coaching pedigree, no real experience.

The biggest disgrace is the total disregard for the fans.
The poor bastards that shell out their hard earned cash every season.
McGregor has prevailed on the back of one finals win against the Broncos and a flogging of a second rate Canterbury side on Sunday.
Timing was perfect to make this announcement. Yet another early season extension.
It just never ends...
I will always support St. George but never this Board and this coaching set up.
What a waste...

Very well said, from a true Dragons supporter ..........

Life's Good

Coach
I’m with the majority here. I just don’t get the extension after 5 games into the season when fundamental flaws in his coaching are still there - the bench use.
The way the squad is developing we have the players to be in the drivers seat when it comes to who is the coach.
Our board obviously thinks different even though no other club would sign him.
Massively disappointing.

Last edited:

Hard Yards

Juniors
The Bennett era was interesting given he stated repeatedly that he came to SGI to win a premiership, and then having done so he was not prepared to stay at the club beyond his initial tenure, he had ample opportunity to do so and was offered a large financial incentive to that effect. He also came within 24 hours of signing a new contract before news corp. intervened on direct behalf of and for the Bronco's.Not forgetting the former SGI board also made a very large offer to Craig Bellamy. Given the players all speak very highly of McGregor and are a tightly knitted group, news of his departure next year may be seen as a major distraction to this years efforts.