What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Osborne just doing his job!

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
Once seen favourably by Parra fans now all of a sudden trashed and dumped by some. I for one think he is a good man and doing a fine job. He cares for the club and sees what most of us see (even though some are in denial), that the team is not performing the way its suppose too. And the blame can only rest on one person. And we all know who that is. It is right he is looking ahead for a future coach. It is right he is looking for a halfback. It is right he is taking charge to steer our club in the right path.

Paul Osborne has increased our memberships, sponsors, and made a profit for our club steering it out of debt slowly.

He will receive no negativity from me because he has done a great job for our club. I have confidence in him and he will continue to recieve my support. I support DA too.... but if Stephen Kearney has indeed got the coaching job then I will be the first to support him.

Paul Osborne just doing his job! A thumbs up from me!!!!

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Paul Osborne has increased our memberships, sponsors, and made a profit for our club steering it out of debt slowly.
By coaching the Eels to a GF last year, I'd say that Daniel Anderson has played just as big a role in all these factors as Paul Osborne, and yet you want to punt Anderson after less than 2 seasons?

What happens if Stephen Kearney takes charge next season and the Eels don't make the finals? Will you be asking for him to be replaced as well?

strider

Post Whore
what happens if we don't make the finals this year and memberships drop off? .... will it be ossies fault?

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
By coaching the Eels to a GF last year, I'd say that Daniel Anderson has played just as big a role in all these factors as Paul Osborne, and yet you want to punt Anderson after less than 2 seasons?

What happens if Stephen Kearney takes charge next season and the Eels don't make the finals? Will you be asking for him to be replaced as well?

As I stated in a thread no coach should be sacked in his/her first year. The first year is development/building/recruitment of a team. It's the years after that a coach will be held responsible. But I said I support DA. But if we do indeed have signed Stephen Kearney, then I will be the first to support him in his first year. I must say I am greatly interested in this Stephen Kearney. The more I get to know him the more I like him. His won a World Cup you know. Rated highly by Bennett. I just want to know more about him.

HevyDevy

Coach
Maybe all clubs should sign coaches to one-year deals. Every time a coach fails to make the finals, they can be sacked. So that will be eight sackings per year.

Should be good.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Once seen favourably by Parra fans now all of a sudden trashed and dumped by some. I for one think he is a good man and doing a fine job. He cares for the club and sees what most of us see (even though some are in denial), that the team is not performing the way its suppose too. And the blame can only rest on one person. And we all know who that is. It is right he is looking ahead for a future coach. It is right he is looking for a halfback. It is right he is taking charge to steer our club in the right path.

He will receive no negativity from me because he has done a great job for our club. I have confidence in him and he will continue to recieve my support. I support DA too.... but if Stephen Kearney has indeed got the coaching job then I will be the first to support him.

Paul Osborne just doing his job! A thumbs up from me!!!!

I hope by "doing his job" he doesnt sack a coach with one year left to run on his contract, who has taken us to an unlikely GF with a side he inherited, that was a bumbling mess when he first got here, and of which players, included senior players, are 100% behind him to remain the coach

Fui!!!

Juniors
As I stated in a thread no coach should be sacked in his/her first year. The first year is development/building/recruitment of a team. It's the years after that a coach will be held responsible. But I said I support DA. But if we do indeed have signed Stephen Kearney, then I will be the first to support him in his first year. I must say I am greatly interested in this Stephen Kearney. The more I get to know him the more I like him. His won a World Cup you know. Rated highly by Bennett. I just want to know more about him.

In the world cup, with Bennett as assistant, NZ did win the World Cup.

Without Bennett, 1 year later, in the 4 nations, NZ didn't even make the final.

Tony Bongo

Bench
what happens if we don't make the finals this year and memberships drop off? .... will it be ossies fault?
No! The same as it wasn't Ossies fault that memberships increased after last years Grand Final run. I blame Jarryd Hayne. It's all his fault.

IFR33K

Coach
The only thing Ozzie is doing is derailing the rest of our season.

Not only will we be under the cap next year, but we will be paying 2 coaches If da is sacked

Gronk

Staff member
You know that if we had won 3 more games none of this would be going on ? Now the knives are in Ando's back and the board are bitching...

we are still in contention (just!) the board can whine all they want if we drop out but ffs SHUT UP until then
the player dont need the distraction and ando doesnt need the pressure

parra pete

Referee
You know that if we had won 3 more games none of this would be going on ? Now the knives are in Ando's back and the board are bitching...

Reverse two losses to the Sharks and last minute losses to Knights and Broncos....

Delboy

First Grade
I can tell you that the CEO is doing his job, and making sure all options are covered.

He also does not want to change the coach, but personally I am surprised at how we have played this year, and the lack of a system in our structure after 2 years is a worry.

The most important thing form here is to get some signings out there to get the fans back on side, lets face it there are a lot of memeberships and season tickets hinging on this seasons outcome.

I understand that financially we have done a lot of work at the club under this board, we do need to see some action on the player front.

Avenger

Immortal
Does anyone even know who the CEO's are at other clubs ? Osborne is in the media way too much in my opinion. It's all good when things are going well but when it turns pear shaped it has a knack of biting you on the arse. Which is what is happening now.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Before we really can take any further steps down the path of pointing fingers of blame at Daniel Anderson or Paul Osborne, etc.... we really need to know if Daniel Anderson has had complete power, control and freedom since the end of last season, to choose the team that plays each week, which players are employed and who are told to move on.....

Lets hear it from the horses mouth Daniel.......

a) Are you constrained in doing your job?
b) Have others been meddling in your affairs as coach?
c) Are others overruling you which effects your ability to perform as coach and to acquire a squad of players you want to coach?

This has to be cleared up once and for all.

We need to know the incontrovertible TRUTH NOW Daniel Anderson.

sooty

Juniors
Before we really can take any further steps down the path of pointing fingers of blame at Daniel Anderson or Paul Osborne, etc.... we really need to know if Daniel Anderson has had complete power, control and freedom since the end of last season, to choose the team that plays each week, which players are employed and who are told to move on.....

Lets hear it from the horses mouth Daniel.......

a) Are you constrained in doing your job?
b) Have others been meddling in your affairs as coach?
c) Are others overruling you which effects your ability to perform as coach and to acquire a squad of players you want to coach?

This has to be cleared up once and for all.

We need to know the incontrovertible TRUTH NOW Daniel Anderson.

Casper i think most people and supporters could answer these questions

a) Yes
b) Yes
c) Yes

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Casper i think most people and supporters could answer these questions

a) Yes
b) Yes
c) Yes

If Daniel confirms this than its obvious that threads like this one, innocent or not, are just used to benefit the agendas of 3P long-term while destroying the credibility of Daniel Anderson in the process. It is more than likely that some new members on this forum and other Eels forums are their to help support the psychological warfare being carried out by 3P and others. Don't be naive to think this mercenary massaging crap does not go on.... because it does!!!!!

One of Casper's well known insights.........

Whoever controls how others think & feel
And causes them to act on these feelings & thoughts
Is given all the power by those whose thoughts & feelings are controlled.
Slaves willingly create a world in their masters image without ever realising it.

Latest posts