What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Simpkins - an absolute disgrace

JoeD

First Grade
So far this season the Warriors have had calls against them which prompted a rule change (obstruction), had a video ref sacked and an apology from Finch (how often does that happen?) It will be interesting to see what will happen this time.

mattyj

Juniors
In all fairness Mckinnon probablly needed to be binned for dissent after that try but all Mckinnons theatrics aside it was an abysmal decision by Simpkins. To allow himself to get tied up in a personal conflict and then send a player off for a unrelated incident is inexcusable. Sure send him off for dissent if you think its approprite but to send him for an obvious square up because he just gave you a gobfull is immature and unprofessional. Simpkins needs a long long rest from top grade footy.

badav

Bench
Iafeta said:
What a complete and utter joke. This bloke cannot handle the pressure of first grade, how can he send Wade McKinnon off for kneeing a bloke when he didn't even come close? Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful.

It was a nothing incident. But Wade Mckinnon needs to stop getting into running battles with refs. Hes already done it several times this season. He brought it on himself.

Mr Saab

Referee
badav said:
It was a nothing incident. But Wade Mckinnon needs to stop getting into running battles with refs. Hes already done it several times this season. He brought it on himself.

Maybe so, but the referee has to remain calm.
He wanted an excuse to send him off and he found one...except it will backfire on him bigtime and i hope it costs him the GF in 2007.
A ref cannot lose his composure on the field and Simpkins turned from NRL referee to his other role as Police officer in that stupid decision to send off wade.

JJ

Immortal
badav said:

1. Yes, he does need to stop getting into running battles with refs.
2. But, I fail to see how a running battle with a ref "brought it on himself" - you're suggesting that Simpkins could be expected to hallucinate/make up a kneeing incident because McKinnon was less than polite (note it started because the touch judge said McKinnon through the first punch - when again the evidence suggested he didn't). Fair enough if he was binned for going on, but he didn't bring on a send off for kneeing... that's f**king ridiculous...

Wests is Best

Juniors
Can somebody please fill me in as I only saw the incident on the news last night.
Did Simpkins send off Mckinnon on a touchies report, or did he see the incident himself?

innsaneink

Referee
I hope WTs or Cambo Council charge the Warriors for the vandalism McKinnon caused in the sheds after being sent off....the guy needs anger mgmnt counselling.

Mr Saab

Referee
The guy was angry...he had every right to be. He doesnt need anger management counselling.
He gets accused of starting a fight with Rhino...which IMO was all Rhino

Suprised Timmah didnt make a thread about it the shower heads....like he did with the fence being broken.
If i was Wiki or Price i would be more pissed at him for not being able to have a proper shower!

Iafeta

Referee
innsaneink said:
I hope WTs or Cambo Council charge the Warriors for the vandalism McKinnon caused in the sheds after being sent off....the guy needs anger mgmnt counselling.

There there precious.

Never mind the chick above the tunnel giving him a horrendous gobful as he walked off.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
He was wrongly judged and sent, of course he's going to throw a fit about it.

I think if you were in his position and got given your marching order for doing nothing wrong you'd probably break something too