What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Hellray

Juniors
Needs to accept he's an edge forward and fully embrace the workload that comes with it as well as do the fancy stuff. Yes, he can fill in at 5/8 if needed which is handy but so can quite a few others we have in the top 17 with Jack, Jye and even Latrell being able to switch there mid-match if Wayne needs a replacement.

But if Schuster can't get rock hard fit, then it will be the end of him and he'll end up in England. Get fit, roll the sleeves up and be a happy hit up and tackling man first and foremost and then we could have a gem on our hands with the ball playing addition that will give us the first genuine like-for-like replacement for John Sutton since he retired.

Parra managed to get Bryce Cartwright going by having him focus on business first, party time second. Wayne is the man to do the same with Schuster and bingo. Business first probably means prove yourself in reggies to start with and earn your spot in the top 17 through hard work that is consistent.
I’m all for having as many options as possible so I never have to see wighton in the 6 again.
After watching him play he just goes himself too much and stifles the backline movement. AJ got not quality ball with wighton on his side in the halves.

Walker, Dodd, Humphreys, schuster, Ilias should mean he can just play centre like we signed him to be

speedster

Juniors
I’m all for having as many options as possible so I never have to see wighton in the 6 again.
After watching him play he just goes himself too much and stifles the backline movement. AJ got not quality ball with wighton on his side in the halves.

Walker, Dodd, Humphreys, schuster, Ilias should mean he can just play centre like we signed him to be
True, Jack is a run first type pivot and I hope he hunts infield at times from centre to take the line on when we are going too sideways. But, much prefer Cody back in the 6 and on our left.

Wayne said other teams don't fear us anymore. When we were going strong, they feared our lethal left side attack which has disintegrated the last season and a half. Wayne will look to repair that pronto. He's got Aitken who played left edge at the Phins but if Schuster proves himself and earns a starting spot, he is a left side specialst so Aitken should either swap to the right with Keaon playing amongst the middle rotation (perhaps solving our quest for another middle?) or Aitken can play off the bench (he also covers centre).

But imagine a fit and firing Schuster on our left edge. Cody would have him, Latrell, Jack and AJ (or Ty Ty) to aim for. Hopefully that will start to put some fear back into the rest of the comp.

Last edited:

Rabbit57

Juniors
True, Jack is a run first type pivot and I hope he hunts infield at times from centre to take the line on when we are going too sideways. But, much prefer Cody back in the 6 and on our left.

Wayne said other teams don't fear us anymore. When we were going strong, they feared our lethal left side attack which has disintegrated the last season and a half. Wayne will look to repair that pronto. He's got Aitken who played left edge at the Phins but if Schuster proves himself and earns a starting spot, he is a left side specialst so Aitken should either swap to the right with Keaon playing amongst the middle rotation (perhaps solving our quest for another middle?) or Aitken can play off the bench (he also covers centre).

But imagine a fit and firing Schuster on our left edge. Cody would have him, Latrell, Jack and AJ (or Ty Ty) to aim for. Hopefully that will start to put some fear back into the rest of the comp.
Does anyone know what condition Schuster is in now? Has he been starting the process of getting fitter while he has been looking for a new team? I hope he isn’t waiting for preseason to start the process.

Latest posts