What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pay Origin players more when new TV deal comes in

backdoor

Juniors
I am not sure why any of the rep players need to be paid more.

I am however aware of many junior clubs who could do with a hand and areas which could use development officers.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
i know this may sound silly, but.. What if the NRL gave a $1million grant to each club to buy a marquee rugby union player...

Sure those rah rah pansies wouldnt handle league, but taking the best talent out of union and into league will attract a lot more interest in the game of league and NRL.. It wouldnt take much for those fickle union supporters to see a few games of league to realize what they are missing out on.. And this would be the quickest way for it to happen on mass..

Just imagine, Dan Carter next to Scott Prince, or Matt Giteau setting up Learoyd Lahrs, that caveman from france next to Anthony Watmough...

fire away

Actually, I'd say as a group us League fans are more fickle than that lot.

Face it, you'd have to be a rabid fanatic to find Union more entertaining than League, yet I know scores of blokes (and a fair few women) who are Union fans but won't even give us a second look.

They call League predictable because each set is six tackles ... but ruck, ruck, ruck, penalty, goal, scrum, scrum, line out, penalty, goal, ruck, ruck, ruck, drop goal, scrum, scrum, line out, line break, try, ruck, ruck, scrum, penalty, goal, full time is apparently engaging and entertaining.

Even with all the bonus points for tries they offer, most games still end up being penalty goal shoot outs!

babyg

Juniors
The commision hasn't been announced yet and tv rights no where near beginning and already we're spending the money. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Put the Christmas lists away for now.