What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paycuts anyone??

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We all knew this would happen, gallop the spineless puppet at it again. There is no way the 4 merkins should be allowed to stay together. Parra couldn't keep Kingston last yr but the team of cheats can:x

kiwii

Juniors
Hell no there is no way in hell they should be allowed paycuts to stay there, pay there full salary or release them to another club how will, if the NRL allow this they will lose any credability they have with me.
The Storm should do it tough, they should not be given a chance to keep these guys without a fight.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Spineless Gimp said:
''We'd certainly need to look at any proposal they put to us that will keep them under the cap in 2011, so long as it's fair to the other clubs in the competition.''

Yet you wouldn't let any Eels players take a paycut to keep Kingston on a minimum wage.

I've never been so pissed off with the NRL as I am right now.

Kevin Sheedy must be sitting back rubbing his hands together atm.

Brutus

Referee
Kevin Sheedy must be sitting back rubbing his hands together atm.

Oh he is...

111743-kevin-sheedy.jpg

Iso

Juniors
Hell no there is no way in hell they should be allowed paycuts to stay there, pay there full salary or release them to another club how will, if the NRL allow this they will lose any credability they have with me.
The Storm should do it tough, they should not be given a chance to keep these guys without a fight.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to take a paycut to stay together? Wouldn't that mean that they were within the salary cap and everyone would be happy?

Matt23

Staff member
Why shouldn't they be allowed to take a paycut to stay together? Wouldn't that mean that they were within the salary cap and everyone would be happy?
No...that team needs to be disbanded, if they won the premiership with the same illegally assembled team it would leave a sour taste, not only for me, but for a lot of other league fans as well.

jc155776

Coach
Of course the Stars can afford to take a paycut if they have been getting an extra bite on the side for years.

How about make them take a paycut AND PAY BACK WHAT EXTRA THEY HAVE TAKEN.

That would be much fairer and equitable and have them thinking twice about staying no doubt...

because ITS NOT ALLOWED! ffs if the eels couldnt do it last year how can the storm do it now?

Doomednow

Bench
because ITS NOT ALLOWED! ffs if the eels couldnt do it last year how can the storm do it now?

Go easy. He/she is new here.

This has been discussed at length elsewhere, Iso. The team was illegally assembled, and cannot be retained.

The Storm has decided to cull a large section of their team, sacrificing them to save their four stars. So in essence they won't have the same team. However, it was these four stars who would have been eating up the vast majority of the Storm's salary, so many argue that they should be the ones the team will have to do without (some of them at least). Its hard to objectify which players need to go.

To be honest I would like them to have to start from scratch. The club deserves no reprieve for what it did. The cleaning out of the directors is a good start, but I'm not sure its good enough. With a huge question mark hanging over certain players as to how implicit they were many, myself included, think they should not be allowed to stay there either.

Mark Rudd

Juniors
The team IS being disembled you dickheads. But they're keeping their 'big 4' as they've known.

Nothing wrong with that.

Just because your weak as piss sydtard clubs can't produce talent you want Melbournes.

The team IS being disembled you dickheads. But they're keeping their 'big 4' as they've known.

Nothing wrong with that.
that's true as long as the storm are under the cap in 2011 its up to them which players they release to do that i personally think its a bit risky using up so much of their cap on only 4 players and surrounding them with rookies on match payments (what if they are injured?) but its their problem

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
they should 100% not be allowed to take paycuts, and the reason for this is very simple. the squad was FALSELY assembled with inflated contracts from the Storm, and other clubs were unfairly unable to compete on a level playing field for the players services.

anyone saying otherwise, sorry but you are wrong. it is unacceptable to cheat and assemble a roster, and then have paycuts to keep any number of them together. they either stay in melbourne for their contract contract value and suffer the consequences of a sh*t team around them, or they piss off somewhere else. simple as that.

i was giving Gallop a bit of a wrap earlier... but if he allows this to happen after explicitly stating he would not then i will sh*t a thousand bricks.

they should 100% not be allowed to take paycuts, and the reason for this is very simple. the squad was FALSELY assembled with inflated contracts from the Storm, and other clubs were unfairly unable to compete on a level playing field for the players services.

anyone saying otherwise, sorry but you are wrong. it is unacceptable to cheat and assemble a roster, and then have paycuts to keep any number of them together. they either stay in melbourne for their contract contract value and suffer the consequences of a sh*t team around them, or they piss off somewhere else. simple as that.

i was giving Gallop a bit of a wrap earlier... but if he allows this to happen after explicitly stating he would not then i will sh*t a thousand bricks.
i agree if he lets melbourne do it then the eels and every other club who has had to lose players due to the salary cap should sue the nrl

Cloudsurfer

Juniors

For all intents and purposes this appears to be what they are trying to do. The consequences are theirs to handle. Do not estimate the ability of Bellamy to choose the right rookies and train them to be a competitive team over time - it is the basis of his coaching ability to recognise talent & bring out the best in them.