What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' family issues

The Great Dane

First Grade
Some quality racism in the last few posts.
Literally none of it is racism to be fair, xenophobia maybe (I wouldn't make that accusation on the evidence available either), but definitely not racism.

We need to be clear and precise in discussions about such serious issues, and glibly throwing out such accusations is never helpful.

We don't even know the guy's race or ethnicity for one thing, but I'd be willing to bet that he'd say that a foreign national of any race, ethnicity, or heritage, whom commits a serious crime should be deported as well. There's nothing wrong with that position either, though I personally think that it lacks nuance.

Why should we suffer the presence of people whom are not only harmful to our society, but have taken advantage of our hospitality to do so, if we don't have to? As an Australian citizen I wouldn't expect treatment any different if I was to commit criminal acts in another country either. I'd expect a lot worse in a lot of countries in fact...

Makes me extra angry that the politicians here in QLD turn a blind eye to offenders like this cretin. This is happening far to often where youths or offenders with violent histories are killing or harming people. The teens who are charged with killing someone in a home invasion last week had history of violent offences. I’ve had my home broken into twice this year by people who could’ve been this (my dogs scared them away the first time).
For me the judges who slap people over the wrist need to be held more accountable when they offend again. You can also say the same about parole boards. If they know sending someone out on a suspended sentence could cost them their job they’ll 100% think twice about doing so.

borisdog

Juniors
For me the judges who slap people over the wrist need to be held more accountable when they offend again. You can also say the same about parole boards. If they know sending someone out on a suspended sentence could cost them their job they’ll 100% think twice about doing so.
Which is why pollies need to remove some of the softer sentencing options in many repeat offender cases. They make the laws. The judiciary will go with whatever option they think is appropriate, they can't use a sentencing option that isn't there.

Slammin

Juniors
Ana - Take the numerous soft options out of the hands of the judiciary. Mandatory sentencing for repeat offences and offences under bail.

Sorry for the off topic rant.

Unfortunately I know this too well. My wife was attacked and stabbed multiple times by a "youth". Prick is bigger than me. He was charged with serious assault.

Said he was going to kill her whilst stabbing her. All wounds on her arm as she knows how to fight and blocked all blows aimed at her neck. Good news she won the fight.

Bad news he got bail and stabbed another young man soon after. Serious assault again.

Was then incarcerated and stabbed another crim in jail and then got charged with attempted murder.

Anna Pluckaduck keeps bending over backwards for violent criminals.

Haas will probably only serve three to five years. Hopefully she's not an Australian citizen and we can punt her after her sentence is complete.

Bazal

Post Whore
Which is why pollies need to remove some of the softer sentencing options in many repeat offender cases. They make the laws.

I have a very strong feeling I'm replying to a troll but this is so oversimplified that you've managed to make a true statement that is also completely untrue...another victim of modern media making everything into some sort of fantasy left vs right conflict.

borisdog

Juniors
I have a very strong feeling I'm replying to a troll but this is so oversimplified that you've managed to make a true statement that is also completely untrue...another victim of modern media making everything into some sort of fantasy left vs right conflict.

No trolling mate, and if I've over-simplified it then maybe that's what this needs. I spent a lot of time in work environments that were very big on risk minimisation. Guess what the most effective method of risk minimisation is? Give you a hint. If it isn't there it can't........................

No mention of left vs right - That's your own agenda. I've seen this get worse and worse over the 25 years I've lived in Townsville. Governments of either persuasion have done absolutely zero. Squat. And I doubt it's any different in any other town or city or state.

They don't even TRY.

The coppers are at their wits end, they arrest the same grubs over and over. They keep getting let out for reasons that are best summed up as "The laws and penalties are inadequate"

People will take matters into their own hands eventually. THAT is a very bad thing to happen.

I don't have the permanent solution, and everyone's got an excuse. What I want is these grubs taken off the streets for a LONG period of time if they're proven and consistent (re)offenders.

And THAT is in the pollies hands. They make the laws.

Dunno how I can be a victim of modern media, I can't bear to watch news on TV and haven't read a newspaper for that long it's not funny. I got pretty tired of being told what my opinion is by "the media"

"A true statement that's completely untrue". That's very profound.

Last edited:

borisdog

Juniors
So if she was driving on a suspended license, plus under the influence of something, plus evading police and then allegedly kills 3 innocent people, that surely is at least 20 years?
Depends on the evidence supplied at trial. And then if found guilty. And then what the sentence range is for the offence.

Long way to run on this one.