What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas' family issues

borisdog

Juniors
I blame the judges for this mess. They're a protected species and think they're above the law. Time for Palaszczuk to hold them accountable for their decisions.
That's where I differ from you. They have a series of options that they can roll with. Yeah maybe they've gone soft more often than they should, but who do you think REALLY can eliminate the revolving door.

Remove the soft options from the judges and you're in with a chance, that's the pollie's gig.

I blame the judges for this mess. They're a protected species and think they're above the law. Time for Palaszczuk to hold them accountable for their decisions.

i-am-the-law-law.gif

Bazal

Post Whore
Wasn't the convicted criminal released from a 9 month prison sentence after serving just one month?

That's on the judge and parole board.

Who largely make decisions, either innocence/guilt, or sentencing, or parole/release eligibility etc, based on parameters created by lawmakers (who are not just politicians) and evidence, precedent and arguments presented by lawyers.

If you want to pick 'the system' as the issue instead of the criminal, you're doing it wrong.

Canard

Immortal
I can tell you that after 2 years of living under curfews and arbitrary fines and house confinement, I'm completely against punitive measures being the only solution to a societal issue.

This thread is being conflated with youth crime, which is most certainly unrelated to the OP or its.

Despite the claims that governments are soft on crime, punitive measures and punishment are the only thing they really do well. They all struggle at identifying the root cause of the problem and taking steps to prevent it.

Most people want to be "tough on crime' for others, but when there mate Johno punches on with the bouncer at Brekky Creek, "give him a break, he was just on the cans".

Lastly, calling for someone to be deported based on their skin colour is almost certainly racist dog whistling.

borisdog

Juniors
Who largely make decisions, either innocence/guilt, or sentencing, or parole/release eligibility etc, based on parameters created by lawmakers (who are not just politicians) and evidence, precedent and arguments presented by lawyers.

If you want to pick 'the system' as the issue instead of the criminal, you're doing it wrong.
It's indisputable that the "criminal" is the issue.

But once you have the problem, you have to deal with it.

History is littered with examples of criminals who just kept going because there was pretty much no consequence to themselves for their actions.

The high school bully just keeps stealing your lunch, until someone punches them in the face. Doesn't matter who does the punching.

Latest posts