What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas requests immediate release from the Broncos.

Floodwaters

Juniors
For a club like the Roosters it makes complete sense. JWH coming to the end of his career. Slot Haas into that side and they're contending for the title again.

I thought they'd be a contender this year, they were my pick to win the comp but Keary and Walker have been shit.

Colk

First Grade
I thought they'd be a contender this year, they were my pick to win the comp but Keary and Walker have been shit.

If he goes to the Roosters, it makes a mockery of the salary cap. This is a club that is supposedly under cap pressure.

Also, I’m sick of those w****** from Fox Sports like James Hooper doing all of the work for them. Oh they will release JWH and they’ll be fine because apparently JWH is on a million atm.

blue bags

First Grade
Hass can do some boxing or UFC street fighting like some one that is close to him, 😆
To off set the sombrero strain
🤣

Corner_Post

Juniors
This is ridiculous, Because Broncos refuse to upgrade his contract he is asking for an immediate release?
Does he know what a contract is?
I love how players bitch and moan about clubs holding them to their contracts but when they are busted on one leg and can't play anymore they hold clubs to their contracts.
Karma is a bitch as Broncos didn’t seem to have an issue (if anything the opposite) when Tallis sat out for a year and had him laughing on the sidelines etc. when he was on contract for St George

The_Frog

First Grade
They were murdered up front last week. Keary and Walker can't do much when they can't get out of their own half. Maria is their enforcer and has been a great Rooster but old father time is calling him. Haas would be just the thing for them.

Last edited:

YoungPanther

Juniors
Not sure why this is on Hass. Manager 2 is obviously driving this.
Manager 1 has a contract to 2024
Manager 2 - I will get you more money than you are on to 2024 and I will get a cut, as I get nothing until the new contract.
Go tell the Broncos you are leaving, as I will get you more than Manager 1 for the next 2 years.
Payne the dumb ass believes this and requests release.
Wouldn't be surprised if they cease the contract amicably, 2 days later Hass has an epiphany and signs with the Broncs on a new contract, shutting out Manager 1.
See - SBW.

Colk

First Grade
So the roosters have no salary cap space but they are after Cobbo ?

You’re not meant to understand mate - it’s the Roosters. They can’t register a player’s contract which both parties agreed upon, because they are on the salary cap but they are chasing other players.

I’m also sick of certain journalists pushing the Roosters’ barrow. That d******* James Hooper is talking up their interest in Payne Hass and Selwyn Cobbo and how they would fit them under the cap; yet, how many other clubs are after these players. We never hear about these other clubs and the media talking up their chances.

Wb1234

Referee
You’re not meant to understand mate - it’s the Roosters. They can’t register a player’s contract which both parties agreed upon, because they are on the salary cap but they are chasing other players.

I’m also sick of certain journalists pushing the Roosters’ barrow. That d******* James Hooper is talking up their interest in Payne Hass and Selwyn Cobbo and how they would fit them under the cap; yet, how many other clubs are after these players. We never hear about these other clubs and the media talking up their chances.
National roosters league lol