What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDRLFC Board

So do I take it that all though there is a lot of huff and puff on here, no one actually has the gonads to say "stuff it, I love my eels and I am going to at least put my hand up to try and become part of the team that helps them?"

Maybe hiding behind the anonymity (sp) of the internet and whinging and whining when things are not done how we want them is the true strength of most on here. It is sh*t easy to pay $25 per annum and say "I am a member and when I can vote I will make sure we get rid of Denis, blah, blah, blah..." but at the end of the day, someone has to stand up and say "let me on the board and let me make a difference".

**gets off soapbox**

You know I wouldn't mind doing it. I think it would be interesting. But as I have said, there is just to much ammunition against me, and if they bring it out, I am quite sure the only vote I would tally is my own.

Glenn

First Grade
Mark a case of having your own ammunition to fire back at them, everything is not going to go smoothly when running for a position but if you have ammunition to fire at them, then people will sit up and take notice especially those looking for a fresh face and fresh ideas on the board.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
You know I wouldn't mind doing it. I think it would be interesting. But as I have said, there is just to much ammunition against me, and if they bring it out, I am quite sure the only vote I would tally is my own.

Mark, I know your views and quite well understand and appreciate your position. I would probably do the same if I was you. Of course, no doubt your 'behind the scenes' support would be there should a suitable candidate step up to the plate. :D

Mark, I know your views and quite well understand and appreciate your position. I would probably do the same if I was you. Of course, no doubt your 'behind the scenes' support would be there should a suitable candidate step up to the plate. :D

Hell I would even like to try and find said suitable candidate.

eel01s

Bench
The thing is, what is everyone's definition of a reasonable candidate for the board?

How much rugby league knowledge do you need? Think about all the high profile but non rugby league people who sit or have sat on other club's boards.

Surely business acumen would be essential? What are the credentials of current board members? Obviously you shouldn't need to be a successful multi-millionaire businessman - but it would be helpful if you could understand the financial aspects of the club.

Being able to work with other people, as part of a team (you need a united board), but also have the ability to voice an opinion and argue your point.

Finally, the fact that it is a club, and not strictly a business. What I mean is that there is a fan base, and that should be an inportant stakeholder in the way the club is run.

If we could get potential candidates who meet the above criteria (other people may have different ideas), but also have a profile, then I think we would be on the right track.

bartman

Immortal
I'd add knowledge of junior league as pretty important for this role - it's easy for us all to forget that the Football Club seems to have little to do with the senior/NRL side of operations under our clubs's current "unique" structure...

bartman

Immortal
Just a bit of quick internet research, to help anyone thinking about nominating...

Below is a list of the staff connected with the Parramatta Eels footballing endeavours, taken from the official site.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/teaminfo/officials.shtml

Unless I'm mistaken (and am happy to be corrected ;-)) the PDRLC Board's dealings only have direct responsibilities for the part of the club operations coloured in blue... the rest being under the responsibility of the Club's Limited NRL Company Board's dealings (even though it gets confusing given the membership of the Boards is the same, but elected/comprised through different means).

Parramatta National Rugby League Club Limited Board of Directors
Chairman Alan Overton AM
Chief Executive Officer Denis Fitzgerald AM
Board Members Ron Hilditch
Dr. Michael Johnson
Chris Jurd
Peter Miller
Gary Morris
Don Ritchie

Coaching
First Grade Head Coach Michael Hagan
First Grade Assistant Coach David Fairleigh
Toyota Cup Head Coach/First Grade Assistant Coach Matt Cameron
Recruitment Manager Grant Jones - recently cut
Recruitment Analyst Rod Reddy
SG Ball Cup Head Coach Troy Pezet
Harold Matthews Cup Head Coach Mick Lewis

Physical Performance
Physical Performance Manager Hayden Knowles
Head Trainer Craig Catterick
Physical Performance Analyst Anita Sirotic

Medical
Director of Medical Services Dr. Michael Johnson
Team Doctor Dr. Steve McNamara
Physiotherapist Kieran Morgan
Physiotherapist Vicki Locke

Management
General Manager, Football Greg Mitchell - to be replaced by Andrew Hill from November
Football Manager Andrew Hill to become General Manager, Football from November, being replaced by Philip Moss from Sales and Marketing
Media & Communications Manager Ross Smart
Executive Assistant/Administration Manager Brooke Morgan

Coach Administration
Gear & Equipment Officer Jared Anderson - recently cut
Administration Coordinator Kaye Fitzhenry - recently cut
Statistician Les Brooker
Personal Assistant, Football Management Phoebe Justic (maternity leave)
Personal Assistant, Football Management Jane Randell

Club Administration
Corporate Sales & Marketing Manager Steven Edge
Corporate Sales and Marketing Executive Philip Moss to become Football Manager from November
Corporate Events and Marketing Associate Aaron Warburton
Corporate Sales and Marketing Representative Wendy Anderson
Events & Ticketing Manager Jessica Rokobaro
Events & Ticketing Assistant Kirra Hooke
Finance Manager Dheeraj Singh
Assistant Accountant Arati Shresthra
Accounts Assistant John Dike
Community Relations & Membership Coordinator Candace Smith
Community Relations & Membership Coordinator Briony Akle
Receptionist Rebecca Walshe
Administration Trainee Daniel Auremi
- Two unidentified part-time members of this department reportedly recently cut - hopefully not the only two Community Relations staff (who appear to be job share/part-time), unless the positions are to be replaced through advertisement?

Parramatta District Rugby League Club (PDRL)
Operations Manager Kevin Wise
Coach Education, Development & Community Relations Manager Gareth Holmes
Coach Education, Development Officer/District Representative Teams Coordinator Ben Rogers
Administration Coordinator Nicole Lawrence
Junior League Executive Officer Terry Rose
Junior League Executive Assistant Lisa Henshaw
Junior League Administration Assistant Sue Pickworth
ARL Development Officer Michael Asensio
ARL Development Officer Michael Basan
Development Trainee Anthony Mitchell
Development Trainee Nathan Gardner
Development Trainee Jason Baitieri
Development Trainee James Grehan

Thus, in the first instance, any candidate for the PDRLC (Football Club) elections needs to primarily have an understanding and interest in the activities that fall under that Board's responsibilities in my view (junior league, development) and not get ahead of themselves thinking they will get any influence or involvement perhaps for quite a long time in the operations of the NRL/Leagues Club side of things.

That is because those matters are dealt with through the Limited Company's Board where there is no open membership AGM and election voting as such, and both the Football Club and the Leagues Club Boards can each appoint three Board members - and since the membership of both those Boards is currently a mirror image, one can presume they will ensure through the two methods of appointment that all spots will stay with the status quo, regardless of the outcome of the next Football Club elections.

It is the house that Denis built, and the structure certainly works well in preventing the involvement or contributions of anyone that he or the current board members don't feel comfortable in endorsing. Obviously this serves one purpose (history), but it also comes at a cost to the club of the talent and range of participation it might otherwise attract.

Just noted in case people thinking of standing have an unrealistic idea of what they could influence/change by doing so. Doesn't change my storng opinion that the current Board(s) and staff would be well served by in involving the broader membership a lot more in its operations in various ways.

Last edited:

bazza

Immortal
Just wondering if anyone on here who is eligible is thinking of putting their name up for a spot on the board at this years AGM?

I am not eligible to vote but I know there are some here who can vote and nominate themselves for a seat.
I think I would have a go if I lived in Australia at the moment
Maybe in 2010

emjaycee

Coach
Thought I would bump this as this thread came about before 3P was heard about by the general public.