What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

peach officially gone

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
I thought it was but it was only a $100k extra you got and it was started from when you began in the clubs first grade squad (i.e top 25).

But they're only guesses, can anyone confirm? Sparrow?

da_sharks

Juniors
carcharias said:
Hmmmmm I smell a name change.

I don't think it has been officially incorporated into the salary cap yet.

There was talk about it , but I don't think it has come in yet.

yes it is a name change, but for the better...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
da_sharks said:
quick question;

if u have been with the club for more than ten years, do u get discluded from the salary cap (ie: they can pay u whatever u want)

and if so, is it 1st grade u have to be with for ten years or is it since u have been with the club from young (ie: sonny bill williams has been with the doggies since he was ten)

Hello menai_dogs

No you don't get excluded. The club may claim a one off $100,000 veteran player allowance in the 11th year. The Sharks have already done this with Peachey so can not do it again. If Peachey was on $150,000 for the year the $50,000 above the allowance goes into the cap

Yes it only applies to first grade.

Salary Cap

2 True Blues

Coach
Sad to see the PEACH go. Sharks have to hold onto MERRITT now. Has his contract been secured. If so for how long ???

Frenzy.

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
Sad to see the PEACH go. Sharks have to hold onto MERRITT now. Has his contract been secured. If so for how long ???

Merritt is contracted till the end of 2006. He is very likely to be released as he is on a lot of money and is not part of the long term plans at the Sharks. That doesn't mean he won't get a run in NRL in the short term, e.g. this year if there are injuries but there is no long term place in the team earmarked for him.