What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachey to Widnes less likely

At this rate, Peachey will not be coming here to Widnes.

I seen our game vs Wakefield on Sunday and it was an absolute disgrace. We're practically relegated. It's only a matter of time before it's mathematically confirmed.

Someone here mentioned our good stadium and decent fanbase. Those would be pretty good ground for stayling in. Oh, and we've remained debt free for a good few years.

Obviously what most fans, except Widnes supporters don't realise is we have a board who are very unprofessional and only believe in cost cutting measures. They will see this Peachey signing as a way of trying to signal to the fans that they almost got a top class player but it's rumoured some of the board wanted us relegated anyway.

Plus, we have a large culture of lazy, excessive drinking can't be bothereed players. There are only a few within our squad with enough professionalism to care about our future. From what I've heard about David Peachey he'd be disgusted with most of our players lack of professionalism.

The Widnes Vikings are in a huge mess so it's best Peachey doesn't come here. I'm not crititcising him at all. I just don't think we have enough players that care for him to play around.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Jack The Widnes Viking said:

I seen our game vs Wakefield on Sunday and it was an absolute disgrace. We're practically relegated. It's only a matter of time before it's mathematically confirmed.

Someone here mentioned our good stadium and decent fanbase. Those would be pretty good ground for stayling in. Oh, and we've remained debt free for a good few years.

Obviously what most fans, except Widnes supporters don't realise is we have a board who are very unprofessional and only believe in cost cutting measures. They will see this Peachey signing as a way of trying to signal to the fans that they almost got a top class player but it's rumoured some of the board wanted us relegated anyway.

Plus, we have a large culture of lazy, excessive drinking can't be bothereed players. There are only a few within our squad with enough professionalism to care about our future. From what I've heard about David Peachey he'd be disgusted with most of our players lack of professionalism.

The Widnes Vikings are in a huge mess so it's best Peachey doesn't come here. I'm not crititcising him at all. I just don't think we have enough players that care for him to play around.

Farrkkk!! Scatheing!!

Jack The Widnes Viking said:

I thought he was talking about the sharks board at first.

The relegation system for the comp this year in super league is 2 to be relegated its usually 1, so 2 go down replaced by the UTC (french team), and winner of division 1 current leaders Castleford

ali

Bench
Of course for every team that goes down, one must go up. So there's a fair chance that Peach could end up at Castleford, Hull KR, Whitehaven or whoever is promoted. That's often what happens. Players released by the relegated team, are signed by the newly promoted side. So unless they already have a gun fullback, then I'd say Peach would have no problem getting a deal.

ali said:
Of course for every team that goes down, one must go up. So there's a fair chance that Peach could end up at Castleford, Hull KR, Whitehaven or whoever is promoted. That's often what happens. Players released by the relegated team, are signed by the newly promoted side. So unless they already have a gun fullback, then I'd say Peach would have no problem getting a deal.

Most clubs when get promoted do not spend big money first year, and thats what Peachey will cost, they look to consolidate there team, as the effect of immediate relegation can sned clubs bankrupt, i would highly doubt that another of the above mentioned clubs one of which will be promoted will e paying $300k + per year for a fullback, they will be looking to keep the basic squad and add couple of seasoned forwards, the risk is to great to purchase players 300k plus, look at leigh who were promoted they bought Jason Kent, this is type of player they will look at, and also players that have english passports so can increase there aussie players who are not as expensive

ali

Bench
Leigh got sh*t imports becauss thats all that were left when they got promoted. Also Leigh is a tiny town, on the fringe of Wigan. Cas has maintained their crowds in division 1 and will be well supported if they return. Hull KR was not too long ago the biggest club in England, and again will be far more supported than Leigh if they go up. Whitehaven is a bit of a mystery, but a did read the other day of some rich bugger coming in to back them. I'd say all 3 could land Peach.

ali said:
Leigh got sh*t imports becauss thats all that were left when they got promoted. Also Leigh is a tiny town, on the fringe of Wigan. Cas has maintained their crowds in division 1 and will be well supported if they return. Hull KR was not too long ago the biggest club in England, and again will be far more supported than Leigh if they go up. Whitehaven is a bit of a mystery, but a did read the other day of some rich bugger coming in to back them. I'd say all 3 could land Peach.

I'd like to agree and hope Peach lands the deal he deserves it for sure, but just seeing what teams do when promoted lately is to believ there will be not huge money offered, the fear of relegation is just to great.

I do believe though, should Peach not pick up ESL contract, and the sharks not offer deal, expect the NRL to offer Peach a role espically with the kids in country has always been great role model, If we were smart he would be great development officer, in a way manly use Noel Cleal and Roosters Artie Beetson, come to think about it this is a great idea, the club should offer him a development officer role, he would be great guy to brings kids to the club, the ball is the hands of the board

Further development in UK Super League re David Peachey Widnes lost yet again and coninue to sink, Wakefield won now 7 clear, Salford is closest to Widnes 5 pts ahead, there is only 6 rounds left meaning Widnes need minimum of 3 wins here are both teams draws

Widnes, Bradford(a),Wigan(h),Warrington(h),Wakefield(a),Leigh(h),London(a)
Salford, Wigan(a),Bradford(a),Wakefield(h),Warrington(a),London(h),Leigh(a)

Both runs identical, hard to imagine even if Widnes won 3, Salford wouldnt win 1, thus Widnes dropped Peach's contract void.

The Catalan option is no longer today Catalan signed Alex Chan the overseas quota is full.

Only leaving promoted team, this is where its interesting Castleford 22, Whitehaven 20, Hull KR 20, the for and against are very similiar, i'm not sure on promted rule whther first past post, this was how it was last year, or grand final decider, Peach must hope Castelford are promoted as only team with cash to sign him, Hull KR i doubt, and Whitehaven no way, they had crowd of 1500 not long agao.

Once again Sharks board, re adjust your thinking resign the Peach, even for 1 year, he deserves that at least

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I spoke with Peach on Sunday after the game at the Sharks Leagues and he said he is still going to Widnes.

sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
If we were smart he would be great development officer, in a way manly use Noel Cleal and Roosters Artie Beetson, come to think about it this is a great idea, the club should offer him a development officer role, he would be great guy to brings kids to the club, the ball is the hands of the board

Yes, great idea, foresight etc, also depends on where the Peach wants to live and wants to do after his football career. I've got a feeling he'd rather be back in the bush working with young Aboriginal kids. But there could be some kind of co-operative relaationship developed.

And based on this year's form, the Peach would be first on my list of players to re-sign.