What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peachey.

SadShark

Bench
Trying to remember but, didn't David Peachey (& Mat Rogers) go straight from Presidents Cup to First Grade?

The kid is ready.

Stuff

Juniors
Wonder how long that dummy will last in first grade. Thurston has been throwing the same dummy for years now and getting through.

why do we f**k around on this front?

I don't care where he has to play, put him in first grade, surely he would be a better option in the centres than j.wright! Probably get burnt on that comment after the weekend....

jc155776

Coach
Why do players all have to be rushed into first grade exactly? Geez we have ruined some players by doing exactly that.

Ads

First Grade
Why do players all have to be rushed into first grade exactly? Geez we have ruined some players by doing exactly that.

I agree however its a different story with peachey. He killed the 20's and has stepped up again in nsw cup. Pretty sure he's leading try scorer in that comp from lock. He's ready for a bench spot.

what players have been rushed into first grade?

we do quite the opposite actually

any decent talent coming through gets wrapped in cotton wool for ages which i believe does nothing for their confidence

doing your time in NSW cup is a handbrake because it is not a proper reserve grade competition anymore

it should only be used to gauge whether quality candidates from NYC can match it physically with the men and that's it, if they cut the mustard them pump them through if the positions are available, it's a production line, cogs need to start moving quicker

most of the other teams use the NYC as a spring board for their talent straight into first grade, i just can't understand why we are using NSW cup as a nursery for player development, it's a flawed approach IMO

Special K

Coach
The time he has spent in NSW cup has been great for him imo. I always had concerns over his size but he seems to be filled out a bit more. Playing against men he has been able to do the same tricks he was doing to u/20s.

I'm looking forward to him getting a shot.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He will get a run during Origin, I look forward to it.

But FTR would prefer Peachey to Heigho, I do not get the love there, I do accept that is there.