What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peach's Brother

sharknows

Bench
Don't know how true this may be

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10478443

Fatal bashing of NZ man may have been mistaken ID: court

6:30PM Monday November 26, 2007

SYDNEY - A case of mistaken identity may have led three teenage boys to punch and kick a New Zealand man to death on a Sydney sporting oval, a court has been told.
Christopher Leichester was on his way to a party in Woolooware in Sydney's south on Saturday night when he was set upon by a group of teenage boys as he crossed the oval, Parramatta Children's Court was told.
In an unprovoked attack, the boys allegedly punched the 20-year-old to the ground and kicked him several times in the head.
The savage assault severed an artery between his brain and central nervous system, as well as fracturing his cheekbone and causing a brain haemorrhage, according to a police statement of facts tendered to the court.
Mr Leichester, who had only been in Australia six months, died in hospital yesterday afternoon.
3News reported Mr Leichester's parents flew to Sydney yesterday.
Three 16-year-olds, from Menai, Connells Point and Narwee, all in Sydney's south, faced court today charged with his murder.

One of the boys sniffled and wiped his eyes during the hearing, while another hung his head and covered his face.
Court documents revealed the attack appeared to have occurred because the teenagers believed Mr Leichester had abused them as they drove away from Woolooware railway station a short time earlier.
But a witness told police it was two other men who chased and hurled abuse at the teenagers' car.
The documents said the boys aggressively approached Mr Leichester as he crossed the oval, demanding to know if he was "trying to start sh*t".
When he did not respond and tried to back away, one of the boys punched him under the chin, causing his head to snap back as he staggered backwards.
Another boy then allegedly punched him square in the face, knocking him to the ground.
"All three young people were standing over the victim at the time," the statement of facts alleged.
A witness told police there were then "four thuds in quick succession ... (then one of them) kicked the victim to the head causing a sickening thud".
In court today, each of the boys pleaded not guilty and applied for bail, which was opposed by police.
One of the accused is believe to be the brother of former NRL league star David Peachey.
Police prosecutor Phil Kraus said the boys knew many of the around 20 witnesses to the "unprovoked attack" and had contacted some of them prior to their arrest to tell them not to "snitch".

They were all refused bail by Magistrate Mark Richardson on the grounds that it was an offence of "significant violence" and there were no exceptional circumstances.
The boys were remanded in custody to reappear at the same court on December 6.
- AAP

sharkamania

Juniors
I heard it was his nephew.
somehow i dont think he has a 16 year old brother.
although i didn't think they could release that kind of thing about people under 18

carcharias

Immortal
brother, nephew... who ever it is ..he is in a whole world of shyte.

I will predict 10 years.

unprovoked ....it looks bad.

Taniwha

Juniors
Chris was my best mates step brother. I highly doubt it being 100% unprevoked though knowing Chris's personality. He copped a shot in the neck which cut an artery in his brain leading to 5 cardiac arrests which at one stage he was flat line for 12 minutes. Brain dead instantly. Gutless act all the same throw them in a solitary cell until they go so insane they kill themselves. It's cold blooded murder bring back the electric chair, i dont care who the f**k it is.

azzah72

Bench
One of the kids involved was my brother's friend from a few years back, was a good kid, funny how they can get so f*#%ed up off the drink.

After asking my brother about if he knows the kids involved, they all go to his school but doesn't think any are related to the peach.

Could be wrong but he doesn't think so.

kooriguy

Juniors
i have worked with them in the juvi system already.. 2 koori boys 1 maori boy all on sharks contracts and all endevour students.. they have ruined their lives thats for sure, all promising footballers, especially young peach.

carcharias

Immortal
kooriguy said:
i have worked with them in the juvi system already.. 2 koori boys 1 maori boy all on sharks contracts and all endevour students.. they have ruined their lives thats for sure, all promising footballers, especially young peach.
yep..I know one of their teachers.

word is ...it isn't the first time this kind of thing (random bashings )has happened from members at that school.
There is video footage of some of it.

RgSharks

Juniors
kooriguy said:

It was peachey's nephew that was involved and he didn't have a contract with sharks. This stupid act has ruined thier lives and not to method the loss of another.

azzah72

Bench
kooriguy said:

I doubt that because i know that one of them is definently blonde hair, Blue eyes and pretty sure is not a koori or maori. The kid has been at my place a few times in the past. don't know about the other two.

carcharias

Immortal
azzah72 said:
I doubt that because i know that one of them is definently blonde hair, Blue eyes and pretty sure is not a koori or maori. The kid has been at my place a few times in the past. don't know about the other two.
that was what I was told.
1 white Aussie
1 kiwi
1 aboriginal

...and who said we could never intergrate?

kooriguy

Juniors
azzah72 said:

on our system they show up as 2 Australian Aboriginal 1 nz maori

well i know for a fact that they all had sharks contracts.. had being the key word.. i have seen the letters they got from sharks and endevour stating they are no longer welcome... plus i have read their facts sheets from the police.. stupid boys who totally regret their act of madness.. they will only serve about 5 yrs though if they get manslauter, they wont get murder even though that is their current charge.

Surely

Post Whore
kooriguy said:
on our system they show up as 2 Australian Aboriginal 1 nz maori

well i know for a fact that they all had sharks contracts.. had being the key word.. i have seen the letters they got from sharks and endevour stating they are no longer welcome... plus i have read their facts sheets from the police.. stupid boys who totally regret their act of madness.. they will only serve about 5 yrs though if they get manslauter, they wont get murder even though that is their current charge.

If they only serve 5 years then it's a sick joke of a society we live in.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Surely said:

Unfortunately our society is sick, very sick... With gangs of cowards attacking individuals and couples who are just walking from point A to point B, minding their own business.
Personally, string the gutless a-holes up by their balls....it might deter the next "Gang" from doing it.
Suitable punishment will never occur until a celebrity or a politician's family member gets beaten up. The average person is just a number, their lives mean very little. Its time to set a precedent.

carcharias

Immortal
Surely said:
oh yes it is.

I had a mate who killed a bloke...he used a gun.
He was 17 at the time.
He did 10 .
Got out, met a chick moved up the coast had a kid ...and then I read in the paper he got busted with Australia's biggest ever eccy haul.
He was with a bloke he met in gaol.
Last I heard he has been in gaol for over 2 years now awaiting trial.

If only he went to bed that night instead of going back to the party with the gun.

Latest posts